Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Zack Kassian + 5th round pick for Brandon Prust | Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The bashing Benning is taking on this board is unbelievable.

He has been with this club for just over 1 year.. In that first year he took this club from 83 points to 101 points.

He has rebuilt the cupboards with quality prospects, The likes we have never seen here.. Lets not forget he sticks to his guns on not trading any of these prospect..

He has been filling the gap in our prospect pool that Gillis pissed away.

This time last year a lot of you were up in arms about the moves he made and he proved you all wrong.

Give the guy a chance to build this team back up..

Lack had to go.. He wanted 4 mil a season next year

Beiska had to Go.. He wanted a contract extension

Kassian had to go.. the guy is so unmotivated .. His value is only high in Vancouver.. Kassian has been on the block for about a year with no takers.

Benning want to give JV every chance to make this team and we had way to many RW ..

Everyone take a deep breath and chill out... lets see how this plays out before you all have heart attacks

Also Kassian is an ASS .. the things he said after being traded

And Miller had to go, because he was worse than the backup and is being paid $6m a year....oops forgot...he's untradeable....so out goes the backup, who wouldn't have earned his $4m a year until 2016-17 at the earliest.:shakehead

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Nobody's having a heart attack.

2015-16 is already foreseeable. It's going to be absolutely awful when at least one of Hamhuis, Tanev and the Sedins inevitably gets injured.

Hamhuis will get injured 1 week before the trade deadline when we are already well out of the playoff picture :P

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Man it's hard to get excited about this team.

Only real attachment I have to this team is Horvat, Tanev and the prospects. The rest I just don't care about anymore.

Traded away 2 of my favorite players for scraps :( I'm not even mad I'm just disappointed.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Man it's hard to get excited about this team.

Only real attachment I have to this team is Horvat, Tanev and the prospects. The rest I just don't care about anymore.

Traded away 2 of my favorite players for scraps :( I'm not even mad I'm just disappointed.

Just let Virtanen play an NHL game

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
What did Kassian say?

CI3tv4q_W8_AA_VVh.jpg

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
So we trade a promising 24 year old who vowed to be better than ever in great shape, add in a 5th rder for a declining average slightly better Dorsett? :shakehead:

Funny thing was Benning stated they expect Kassian to be in great shape for training-camp seemingly no indication in tradibg him based on his words at that interview

**** this moron Benning. He's either getting revenge on for 1989 or is actually this dumb.
Fire this toxic trash before its too late. Damage has already been done.

I'm getting sick of Linden and his yes-man attitude too which is sad because he was the primary reason why I became a Canucks fan in the first place. He's tarnishing his own legacy.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
He didn't say anything bad about Vancouver at all. How is that being an ass? I hope Kassian scores 20 goals with Montreal

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
If someone has time on their hand and has good editing skills a parody of this trade is a no brainer...

Put some slide show images of Beregevin on a phone, french audio with english subtitles + muffled phone voice as Benning. Cut some Benningisms into video "Meat and Potatos" etc

Masterpiece

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
We repeatedly heard Dorsett was a mentor to Kassian this season, then after the trade was made, he sent a text to Benning saying 'thank you'.

Would have thought maybe Dorset would be disappointed here...

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
We repeatedly heard Dorsett was a mentor to Kassian this season, then after the trade was made, he sent a text to Benning saying 'thank you'.

when did we hear even once that Dorsett was mentoring Kassian? Horvat is the one that needs a half dozen big brothers otherwise his work ethic will plummet.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

Would have thought maybe Dorset would be disappointed here...

Yeah I thought that was kind of odd...hopefully Dorsett doesn't mentor Horvat.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
So we trade a promising 24 year old who vowed to be better than ever in great shape, add in a 5th rder for a declining average slightly better Dorsett? :shakehead:

Funny thing was Benning stated they expect Kassian to be in great shape for training-camp seemingly no indication in tradibg him based on his words at that interview

**** this moron Benning. He's either getting revenge on for 1989 or is actually this dumb.
Fire this toxic trash before its too late. Damage has already been done.

I'm getting sick of Linden and his yes-man attitude too which is sad because he was the primary reason why I became a Canucks fan in the first place. He's tarnishing his own legacy.

Is he actually better than Dorsett? I'm not so sure.

We gave up a 3rd rounder for Dorsett, and we give up Kassian and a 5th for Prust...thats a lot of value placed on plugs.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
In his prime, I think Prust > Dorsett. Only, I'm not sure how much gas he has left in the tank (already showing signs of slowing down with the Habs).

From what I read on the Habs board it sounds like he's already breaking down and his biggest value is in the locker room.

arsmaster*

Yeah I thought that was kind of odd...hopefully Dorsett doesn't mentor Horvat.

Dorsett has already been crdited with developing Horvat by management and fans alike.

Prust should be happy to. They're fine with his 4 goals. Reliable old 4 goals. Woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad