Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Zack Kassian + 5th round pick for Brandon Prust | Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
This is a trade to get rid of Kassian.

The management never gave him a chance. I am guessing that they really really really don't like him and don't even want to have the possibility of him breaking out with us because that would force them to resign him and keep him.

Just ****ing stupid. More toughness? Kass destroyed a heavy weight, how much more tough do you want?
More consistent? Yeah now you have a consistent 15-20 point getter.
Getting younger? Yeah let's skip that question.
Against the cap, let's squeeze a little tighter by getting another expensive 4th line.
Just bloody stupid.

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
DesertedFelineAlbino.gif

He was imitating Galchenyuk on that one... but nice try.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I don't believe that would be a good idea. Not sure why you bring up such a silly idea.

So trading our 5th round pick on top of one of our better young players for a 30+ year old goon who the management does not intend to re-sign is not a good idea either.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
We could have just waived him and let him go.

I don't understand why we had to pay to get rid of him, unless they really move Prust for a higher pick later on this season.

I do see the flaws in Kassian's game. And I can understand why he was traded. I just don't get paying that 5th in addition.

Word from Linden is that Prust was targeted. We went after him pre-draft but Bergervin wouldn't bite til we offered Kassian.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Word from Linden is that Prust was targeted. We went after him pre-draft but Bergervin wouldn't bite til we offered Kassian.

After seeing JB's negotiating skills during the draft, Bergevin knew he could win against JB.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Targeting Prust. I don't even know where to begin with that. A team supposedly trying to make room for youth targets a broken down, mouthy 4th liner making 1.5 million too much. Good lord.

KillerWhale

Nov 8, 2008
New Westminster
If by chance Kassian ever does find his ways, and turns into that late blooming power forward we all hoped, this could turn out to be one the worst trades in NHL history - While for the Canucks, there is little to no upside in this deal, especially in a rebuilding period... get older, take on salary, lose term, lose better player, lose draft pick etc.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If by chance Kassian ever does find his ways, and turns into that late blooming power forward we all hoped, this could turn out to be one the worst trades in NHL history - While for the Canucks, there is little to no upside in this deal, especially in a rebuilding period... get older, take on salary, lose term, lose better player, lose draft pick etc.

It's exactly why I hope Kassian breaks-out.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.

TBH, the ONLY possible upside is that we're paying for some sort of a culture change. I really don't get it... :cry:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
TBH, the ONLY possible upside is that we're paying for some sort of a culture change. I really don't get it... :cry:

Except not really. The old core is still very much here and playing. Sedins, Burrows, Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis....it just looks like it's changing, but is it really?

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

Someone else mentioned it on the main board but this trade has similarities to the Nino Niederreiter for Cal Clutterbuck swap.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Habs fan coming in peace.

Prust is all about leadership, HE WILL take kids under his wing and show them the ropes he is extremmelly liked by his teamates and will do whatever he can (within his physical limitations) do. You may have overpayed but you guys will love him and once you get rid of him, if ever. you still will be worried about how much of an impact it could bave of the younger players.

Im sure he will have a great impact specially since he is the type of guy that will double his effort on a new team. If his body can tolerate it.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
The only way I can justify this trade is if Kassian's back is a lot worse than we all think and he's damaged goods, otherwise, it's absolute horse **** just like 90% of all Benning's trades.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Habs fan coming in peace.

Prust is all about leadership, HE WILL take kids under his wing and show them the ropes he is extremmelly liked by his teamates and will do whatever he can (within his physical limitations) do. You may have overpayed but you guys will love him and once you get rid of him, if ever. you still will be worried about how much of an impact it could bave of the younger players.

Im sure he will have a great impact specially since he is the type of guy that will double his effort on a new team. If his body can tolerate it.

This is why this trade is stupid.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The only way I can justify this trade is if Kassian's back is a lot worse than we all think and he's damaged goods, otherwise, it's absolute horse **** just like 90% of all Benning's trades.

I thought I saw Kassian said he was healthy and feeling good. Could be wrong.

cooker24

May 7, 2002
Visit site
If the Canucks are rebuilding then why is management giving up young players for older players on expiring contracts all while including drafts picks along with them?

Makes. No. Sense.

KillerWhale

Nov 8, 2008
New Westminster

That's about all I can muster as well... hope that Prust can influence our teams culture and youth in a positive way, where as Kassian may (pure speculation) have not been the best in the locker room, and his back injuries are more serious than being led on.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Trading a youngish guy who could break out for a 4th liner (blah blah elite intangibles).

Except I'd take Clutterbuck over Prust anyday. Prust is done...his body is beaten. Oooooo, leadership. Thanks Benning.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
If Zack never plays another NHL game again in his life we still lose this trade. That's how bad it is.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Prust is a great guy who can get his team fired up, never gives up, but we got his best years, last season he kind of become just a generic player, too many injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad