Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CHI] Canucks acquire 5th Round Pick for F Anthony Beauvillier

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
weird take

why do you think they clear this space now? Obviously they want to make a deal sooner

the price gets higher when you get closer to the DL. JR always love getting deals done early
Having cap space at the trade deadline is valuable. It can be leveraged so that you can take more expensive player that a team wants to dump. And the longer you wait the better you will know what the warts on the team are.

I'm not objecting to a deal now if its a good one.

Reactions: theguardianII

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Having cap space at the trade deadline is valuable. It can be leveraged so that you can take more expensive player that a team wants to dump. And the longer you wait the better you will know what the warts on the team are.

I'm not objecting to a deal now if its a good one.
why would you even think about that when the team is more than 10 pts clear of the playoff line a quater into the season?

That's loser mentality

Reactions: Chiripa20

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
They’re finding a way to make things happen at the time of year where it’s nearly impossible to make things happen so full marks.

All of those deals are excellent, too.
That tweet forgot the Friedman deal as well. Huge win

Edit: just read the salary part of it. Still, a great trade during the season

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I thought the same and someone corrected me saying he’s a UFA not a RFA for Dec 1 deadline - he can sign anytime

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
weird take

why do you think they clear this space now? Obviously they want to make a deal sooner

the price gets higher when you get closer to the DL. JR always love getting deals done early
I think the team has been trying to move players to open cap for a while and the situation in Chicago meant they needed a forward so we made the move that was available to us. Now Chicago gets to see if they can get him scoring and get more value than a 5th for him. Win-win.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Capfriendly confirms it’s the Flames 2024 5th.

Canucks now have a little over 5.73m in cap space. 3.25 of that should be reserved for Soucy. That leaves the team with just under 2.5m in cap space on a 22-man roster.
Soucy is on LTIR no? So somebody’s salary will be taken up by his LTIR and we should be accruing more of that 4M cap while Soucy is on LTIR

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I thought the same and someone corrected me saying he’s a UFA not a RFA for Dec 1 deadline - he can sign anytime
Yes, December 1st signing deadline is only for arbitration eligible RFA. Shane Pinto for example can sign with Ottawa once his suspension is over.

The waivers rule is for players that have played professionally elsewhere during the season and then sign with an NHL team. I’m not sure if that includes AHL and if there’s any specific dates associated with it though.

Soucy is on LTIR no? So somebody’s salary will be taken up by his LTIR and we should be accruing more of that 4M cap while Soucy is on LTIR
You can’t accrue capspace while utilizing LTIR.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Capfriendly confirms it’s the Flames 2024 5th.

Canucks now have a little over 5.73m in cap space. 3.25 of that should be reserved for Soucy. That leaves the team with just under 2.5m in cap space on a 22-man roster.
Does that include Tucker Poolman? I’m still unsure how he ultimately fits into the salary cap picture. Non-existent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad