Claimed off Waivers: [VAN] Canucks claim Travis Boyd off waivers from Maple Leafs

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Solid player on the bottom line. His play tailed off a bit over the past 2 weeks after he started well.

He'll be a good depth option.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I could see a backroom deal here. Vesey and Boyd were pushed out but still should be in the NHL. So Leafs and Nucks make a deal where they claim them and if the leafs have injuries pilling up 1 of them gets waived and reclaimed by the Leafs. Kind of a win win, Vancouver gets help in their bottom 6, Leafs get to have a spare getting NHL games.

Reactions: Morrison

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Good pickup for Vancouver. They need cheap depth players and Boyd is a decent one.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
It sucks losing Boyd. He was an efficient player in the games he played. Probably better than half of Vancouver's bottom six.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
I could see a backroom deal here. Vesey and Boyd were pushed out but still should be in the NHL. So Leafs and Nucks make a deal where they claim them and if the leafs have injuries pilling up 1 of them gets waived and reclaimed by the Leafs. Kind of a win win, Vancouver gets help in their bottom 6, Leafs get to have a spare getting NHL games.
Why would the Canucks make that deal?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

This made me laugh I'll be honest. If Vancouver waives Boyd again aren't the Leafs able to re-claim and send him to the minors?

Yes, or their taxi squad unless another team has put in a claim for him then they would get him.

Good move. Vancouver's bottom 6 could use some depth.

Reactions: grapes55

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Seems like a good move, Canucks have lots of injuries and a poor bottom 6.
Can't hurt them, good job

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
First Vesey, and now Boyd? Just how bad was the bottom 6 in Vancouver?

Reactions: Morrison

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
don't get your hopes up about a top 6 player or anything, but he's more than fine in the bottom 6. Generates lots of shots, has a bit of skill, forechecks well. For his price I would have been happy to keep him, and would be happy to sign him again next year if he makes free agency.

Reactions: nofehr

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Six mil tied up in Beagle and Roussel for this year and next...and here our two recent waiver pickups at league minimum are equal or better. And yet Jimmybob keeps his job year after year. One of the wonders we'll never understand!

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Benning rolling through the dollar store filling out his roster
AnnualSnappyAruanas-max-1mb.gif

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Darn. I liked Boyd on the 4th line. Vesey was no loss, but this one stings a little. Very replaceable but kind of sucks

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Perfect for Vancouver. Now we can trade Sutter with salary retained to Toronto for a draft pick and we get no worse after picking up Boyd and Vesey ;-)

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Everyone is missing the point that Loui Eriksson couldn't even cut it as a 12th forward and Canucks picked up waiver claims to fill the spot.

I really want to know what is wrong with Loui, my gut says that first goal he scored in the first game in a Canucks uniform against his own team, gave him the YIPS.

Reactions: bh53 and Morrison

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Everyone is missing the point that Loui Eriksson couldn't even cut it as a 12th forward and Canucks picked up waiver claims to fill the spot.

I really want to know what is wrong with Loui, my gut says that first goal he scored in the first game in a Canucks uniform against his own team, gave him the YIPS.

eriksson is getting old now and to be fair to him he was given no chance at the beginning of the season to find his legs or take on a role. you play any 35 year old once every two weeks in random fill in assignments with unfamiliar line mates and see how they do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad