Value of: Value of Jeff Carter (LA)

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
You don't get it, they want EVERYONE moved,

Muzzin, Martinez, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Forbort, Lewis, Clifford, Thompson, Kempe, Amadio, they want Kopitar, Doughty, Quick and Brown moved as well if wasn't for those pesky NMCs.....they are already calling for the head of the popcorn vendor.....

Oh man, Would love him for a package centered around Draisaitl.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
No they shouldn't. No disrespect to Carter, but Montreal isn't winning anything this season and more than likely nothing next season. And there isn't a cure for the effects of aging.

He's only 34 and we still lack a real C. Domi isnt one, Danault is 3rd line material, Kotka is 18 and could learn from a veteran like Carter. Like I said, IF the Habs look like theyre gonna make the playoffs and the price is reasonable, they should go for him. Thats my opinion

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carter would be such a good fit for Carolina. The $7 mil in real dollars left on his contract after this year is music to the ears of a budget conscious FO. A veteran, skilled, goal scoring center to pair with Svechnikov is Carolina's biggest short-term need. Having a RHS capable of taking draws in important offensive situations would be great too. His old teammate Williams is the captain; that gives some added confidence that there won't be a repeat of Columbus in Carolina.

I have to think that they'll be a player, if he becomes available and the team is still competitive for a PO spot.

Reactions: DaveG

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I would love Carter on the Isles, what are the Kings looking for?

if he gets moved I would want it to be for a prospect who looks like a lock to play in the NHL and a 2nd rounder that could turn into a first at minimum.

From the Islanders I would like Lee + Ho Sang but given Lee was just given the "C" i don't see it from the Islanders POV. What I would be ok with but not thrilled is Ho Sang plus conditional 1st.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
if he gets moved I would want it to be for a prospect who looks like a lock to play in the NHL and a 2nd rounder that could turn into a first at minimum.

From the Islanders I would like Lee + Ho Sang but given Lee was just given the "C" i don't see it from the Islanders POV. What I would be ok with but not thrilled is Ho Sang plus conditional 1st.

How about Ho-Sang and a 2nd?

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

This is not the reason why NYI would part with Lee for an old Carter. The guy just scored 35 & 40 goals in the last 2 years. He's far more valuable than Carter to this date, you should temper your expectations if you trade Carter. Putting Ho-Sang on top of Lee is just unrealistic.

Ho-Sang is the central piece of a deal for Carter, not Lee.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I mean i would argue that if anyone from the oustside provided the MVP for the first one, it was the Flyers.. but we can make a deal and just split the cup, if thats alright by you.
Maybe. I think we'd need Voracek and Couturier back, tho. We'd have been willing to send Jack Johnson and Marko Dano as additional compensation, but, well... :dunno: ;)

Reactions: Starat327

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Eventually it will be. After Doughty there is a big drop off. Where as there are some higher end prospects in LA's pool on forward

Fair enough...but to make room for Carter, the Isles would need to move Nelson also...

How about Wilde and Nelson for Carter and a conditional 3rd?(turns into a 2nd if Nelson re-signs)

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
He is a good player, but at 33 coming off an injury with 4 more years at above 5m and in a league that is only getting faster I personally don't think he would return very much.

Teams in the past little while haven't been too big on investing big money into depreciating assets.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Fair enough...but to make room for Carter, the Isles would need to move Nelson also...

How about Wilde and Nelson for Carter and a conditional 3rd?(turns into a 2nd if Nelson re-signs)
I don't like the idea of including a pick from LA. However how about conditional 2nd if LA trade Nelson or his rights?

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I don't like the idea of including a pick from LA. However how about conditional 2nd if LA trade Nelson or his rights?

Conditional 2nd if LA trades Nelson or his rights, or re-signs him...

By the way, thanks for the sane conversation.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
How about something like Vorobyev + 2nd. I'd personally go a first but i just can't see hextall parting with one.

Carter would plug in right now between voracek and jvr until patrick and eventually frost pass him. Gives the younger guys some added depth to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad