Value of: Value of Jeff Carter (LA)

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
He will command a first and a B prospect at the deadline imo.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I definitely think he and a whole list of other players will be looked to be moved come TDL.

Edit: I think there is a smaller list of players not moved than will be moved which is hard to say as a Kings fan

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Carter will be 34 on New Years so i dont think he has the value that he would've in 2016, but I would be happy with a 1st+ a good prospect

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
As a rental GMs of contenders would be making great offers. It's the 3 years left after that would make him unaffordable since contenders are either close to the cap now or have prized players hitting RFA as they finish their ELCs in the next year or 2.
Depending on seeding near the trade deadline Carolina or NJ might be possible trade partners.

Hard to believe Jeff Carter is turning 34 @ the end of the year. I remember that draft so well & still have his rookie card with the swatch of jersey on my wall.

Reactions: DaveG

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Hasn't been the same since he broke his leg and is only effective with Carter who is also struggling to skate.

He had his best season 2 years after the leg injury.

The issue with Pearson is that he's probably a 3rd line winger, not a 2nd line one, and he may have had a career year in his contract year. This year, very few players have looked good for the Kings, and Pearson isn't one of them. But even if he did look good, he's probably a 3rd line guy who has been forced to play on the 2nd.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
His cap hit is already very reasonable.
As an outside fan i strongly agree with this your talking about 5.2 for a 55-60 point winger all day, i would a expect a normal package for him Solid A Prospect ( Not blue chip ) , and a 1st & third

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Personally I think Carter's value is hurt by the fact he has 3 years after this one to go at 5.272 a year

so I could see a team saying the kings need to take back a contract of 3 Mill to get serious value for him

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if im king of the bruins... I like carter as an ideal rw for the krejci line to finish out this season... like his ability to move over to center if the kids are slow to develop over the next couple seasons.

I think LA cant go into rebuild... not with kopitar/doughty/quick/kovalchuk getting around 32 million between them. these are not young guys with a lot of time to wait for a rebuild

so LA is going to need some guys that can speed up play and help create offense. Boston looks like they can afford to move torey krug. he will help that pp in LA a lot and he makes great breakout plays to speed up slow players 5 on 5

my proposal

carter
and trevor lewis
for
krug
and anders Bjork

it gives LA a slight cap break... gives them a bit more speed.
it gives boston a guy that can figure into the 3rd line center spot and one for the second line rw spot

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Canes? Carolina has the cap space. We’re not giving up our first but have lots of other pieces. Take back Darling and return gets good.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Personally I think Carter's value is hurt by the fact he has 3 years after this one to go at 5.272 a year

so I could see a team saying the kings need to take back a contract of 3 Mill to get serious value for him

Carters actual salary is 3,2,2 the last three years... The Kings can easily absorb half the cap hit and make Carter look really appealing

They won’t have to take a bad contract
A 50% carter comes with a 2.6 cap hit and then his salary for the team acquiring him would be

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Carters actual salary is 3,2,2 the last three years... The Kings can easily absorb half the cap hit and make Carter look really appealing

They won’t have to take a bad contract
A 50% carter comes with a 2.6 cap hit and then his salary for the team acquiring him would be
Lol doesn’t that scream Arizona? Or Ottawa.

Right up their alley

Reactions: Sens

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Carter is still producing very well, the contract shouldn't become an issue for anyone

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Would be a solid pick for a team that needs some more scoring. He's good when healthy and his contract only gets better over the next couple years as it was front loaded

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I like Krug but hes not really what the Kings need unless they're moving out Muzzin and Martinez(which they should).

Why the change of heart re: Muzzin?

I've been told time and time again that Muzzin is damn near untouchable for LA. Is it his contract status? Are the Kings unwilling/unable to extend him for what he'll likely ask for?

What are you looking for in a deal for him?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Carter for Frolik/Stone(cap) + Kylington + 2nd/1st(20's)(if Flames makes the second round of playoffs) +3rd(19) + ?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

I've been told time and time again that Muzzin is damn near untouchable for LA. Is it his contract status? Are the Kings unwilling/unable to extend him for what he'll likely ask for?

The Kings core is beyond stale. Him, Carter and Martinez should all be available. And hes not untouchable I just dont see him being a cheap grab.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

No change of heart, but we can get more for Muzzin than we can for Martinez. Stevens insists on playing Forbort with Doughty, and the Muzzin-Martinez pair is a train wreck.

What we should be doing is trading Martinez and looking to acquire a RHD. If the Kings trade Carter, their second-line center is Adrian Kempe, this ending any chance the Kings had at the playoffs.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The Kings core is beyond stale. Him, Carter and Martinez should all be available. And hes not untouchable I just dont see him being a cheap grab.

I agree their group is rather stale, but I'm a bit surprised that Muzzin is the guy that fans want to see moved.

What are you looking for in a Muzzin deal? Strictly picks and futures?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad