Value of: Value of Jeff Carter (LA)

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Could be a good fit in Colorado. A lot of other Avs fans would probably disagree with me (for good reasons) but we could really use a shoot-first 2nd line guy. Not really sure what the Kings would want/looking for though, and probably wouldn't give a good enough package to entice a trade. A realistic proposal could be something like Andrighetto, Greer, 2nd.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Carter and Martinez for ?

Nah, don’t really want to get into exchanging packages yet. A trade between both teams can only be considered once the landscape has further developed. Hopefully, by the trade deadline.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Actually wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Philly, but i'm not sure what that trade would look like. Hextall is very stingy with assets.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I agree their group is rather stale, but I'm a bit surprised that Muzzin is the guy that fans want to see moved.

What are you looking for in a Muzzin deal? Strictly picks and futures?

Muzzin and Martinez are more or less equal in talent in my opinion. However, Muzzin is viewed in the NHL as having higher value, so we would get more in return by trading Muzzin instead of Martinez. I think both are good defenseman, BTW.

Carter is also a perfect 2C or winger (he plays both) on a cup contending team. The Kings wont be contenders in the next three years (if even then). Best thing for Kings to do is trade Carter for a younger player or picks to restock the cupboard.

This Kings team is not making the playoffs, and if it does by some miracle, it will get swept again.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Nah, don’t really want to get into exchanging packages yet. A trade between both teams can only be considered once the landscape has further developed. Hopefully, by the trade deadline.

Carter seems like the perfect guy for the Islanders to land. He is not Tavares, but he could fill the void that Tavares left. Not sure if we are good trade partners, however, since I suspect Islanders want to hold onto their prospects/picks/young players. A third team would have to be involved.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I agree their group is rather stale, but I'm a bit surprised that Muzzin is the guy that fans want to see moved.

What are you looking for in a Muzzin deal? Strictly picks and futures?

You don't get it, they want EVERYONE moved,

Muzzin, Martinez, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Forbort, Lewis, Clifford, Thompson, Kempe, Amadio, they want Kopitar, Doughty, Quick and Brown moved as well if wasn't for those pesky NMCs.....they are already calling for the head of the popcorn vendor.....

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
You don't get it, they want EVERYONE moved,

Muzzin, Martinez, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Forbort, Lewis, Clifford, Thompson, Kempe, Amadio, they want Kopitar, Doughty, Quick and Brown moved as well if wasn't for those pesky NMCs.....they are already calling for the head of the popcorn vendor.....
Honestly I'd be ok with Carter/Pearson and one of Muzzin/Martinez. Clifford and Tompson can go as well.

I'm perfectly fine with keeping Toffoli, Forbort, Lewis, Kempe and Amadio. Some people are taking it to the extreme yes.

I think, for example, getting Krug for say Pearson + and then moving Muzzin/Martinez for a young forward would be a good start.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Kings aren't going to go into rebuilding mode. Not with Kopitar, Quick, and Doughty taking up almost $27 million long term and a bunch of other immovable contracts as well (Phaneuf, Brown, Pearson, et al). I don't think Carter is a guy they want to move right now anyway since they are already super thin at center. The bigger concern is whether Carter has fully recovered from last year's leg injury. Doesn't look like it so far.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If the Habs have a shot at the playoffs at the TDL, they should try and acquire him

No they shouldn't. No disrespect to Carter, but Montreal isn't winning anything this season and more than likely nothing next season. And there isn't a cure for the effects of aging.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Carter is still good but with his age and term i don't think you are going to get back what you are looking for.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Honestly I'd be ok with Carter/Pearson and one of Muzzin/Martinez. Clifford and Tompson can go as well.

I'm perfectly fine with keeping Toffoli, Forbort, Lewis, Kempe and Amadio. Some people are taking it to the extreme yes.

I think, for example, getting Krug for say Pearson + and then moving Muzzin/Martinez for a young forward would be a good start.

Gross.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad