News: Vadim Shipachyov retires (official 11/9/17)

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Are you still blaming GMGM for this? It's Gallant who decides who gets to play.

Let it go, man.

Clearly you have not been following this. GMGM had to send him down to start the season because he and Theodore's contracts allowed for them to be sent down, and GMGM opted to not waive and keep 10 D on the roster. That is not on Gallant. That is on GMGM.

Reactions: Morrison

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Clearly you have not been following this. GMGM had to send him down to start the season because he and Theodore's contracts allowed for them to be sent down, and GMGM opted to not waive and keep 10 D on the roster. That is not on Gallant. That is on GMGM.

You really think that Gallant had no say in this? Lol. Fine. Don't let it go.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
You really think that Gallant had no say in this? Lol. Fine. Don't let it go.

Let go of what? I am just responding to your posts. You asked me a question in your posts. Am I not supposed to answer it? Usually when one asks a question, they expect an answer, but I guess when someone provides you with an answer you don't agree with you tell them to let it go.
See the quoted posted above by you. You asked a question. Do you want me to answer it, or would that count as not letting it go?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Let go of what? I am just responding to your posts. You asked me a question in your posts. Am I not supposed to answer it? Usually when one asks a question, they expect an answer, but I guess when someone provides you with an answer you don't agree with you tell them to let it go.
See the quoted posted above by you. You asked a question. Do you want me to answer it, or would that count as not letting it go?

It's pretty obvious the only thing you want to argue is how desperate the Habs are for a top C.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
doesnt look like anyone wants him, thus why hes going back to russia

Nobody wants him at the salary and cap hit and term he was signed to for Vegas. McKenzie seemed to think teams wanted him if Vegas would take back or retain salary, which they wouldn’t. Well, if he’s released he could sign the one-year-term contract other teams wanted him on in the first place (before he signed in Vegas because Vegas offered term that other teams would not).

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't think so, they have no need for him with Datsyuk. Some of the main challengers should be interested though.
Jokerit are missing a capable center badly. They have none. They also are a top team, probably the second-best team in KHL after SKA. Hm.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
It's pretty obvious the only thing you want to argue is how desperate the Habs are for a top C.
I mentioned the Habs in one comment and haven't mentioned them since. The only reason I mentioned them is because of how you seemingly dismissed Shipachyov as basically not worthy of the league. I simply pointed out that he is decent. There is a certain amount ignorance to turning ones nose up at a player when he would be a dramatic improvement on all but one C on your respective team.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nobody wants him at the salary and cap hit and term he was signed to for Vegas. McKenzie seemed to think teams wanted him if Vegas would take back or retain salary, which they wouldn’t. Well, if he’s released he could sign the one-year-term contract other teams wanted him on in the first place (before he signed in Vegas because Vegas offered term that other teams would not).

right but he didnt even say he was looking for offers. he said he was going to russia

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Gallant wouldn't play him. Period. He got into a few games, and Gallant had seen him in the preseason. They asked him to go down and get used to style of play and hopefully tear it up. He's leaving. No one wanted him at that price.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I mentioned the Habs in one comment and haven't mentioned them since. The only reason I mentioned them is because of how you seemingly dismissed Shipachyov as basically not worthy of the league. I simply pointed out that he is decent. There is a certain amount ignorance to turning ones nose up at a player when he would be a dramatic improvement on all but one C on your respective team.

I said he's not an NHL center.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
right but he didnt even say he was looking for offers. he said he was going to russia

He hasn’t even cleared waivers yet. His ideal is that some team claims him on waivers and he gets his full term and salary. He’s not about to scuttle that by openly saying he is in the market for a new nhl contract while he’s hoping he can get a team to bite on his present one.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
The interesting question is, who signs him in the KHL.

SKA would be just too ridiculous at this point, they're already stacked team. But some of the teams that even have the slightest of chance in beating them could definitely use him.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
1g, +3 in 3 games.

Clearly not an NHL center, I mean that might be the worst 3 game stretch in history to put up by a vet from another league. Vegas might not win the cup if they take icetime away from generational 1C Cody Eakin to let Shipachyov find his stride.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
How did he not end up in Montreal?

They have the cap space, no C competition and the desperation to make a move like this. Send a Shaw type back and call it a day.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
How is that any different than not worthy of the league? He is a centre, and the league is the NHL.

He's not in the NHL anymore. Perhaps he'd had fared better on the wing. Who knows. The Habs clearly weren't interested.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
He hasn’t even cleared waivers yet. His ideal is that some team claims him on waivers and he gets his full term and salary. He’s not about to scuttle that by openly saying he is in the market for a new nhl contract while he’s hoping he can get a team to bite on his present one.

he had permission to seek a trade with any team. its obvious no one wanted him. why come out and say hes going to russia? why not say he would like to stay in nhl

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
He's not going to terminate his contract to take less money in the NHL. Come on. He's going back to Russia.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Jokerit are missing a capable center badly. They have none. They also are a top team, probably the second-best team in KHL after SKA. Hm.

Damn. If tolvanen had a legit c playing with him.... wouldn't mind that!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Even Severstal is more likely than that. No, it'll be something like Ak Bars or Metallurg Mg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad