Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Difference is if Heat signed Lowry outright they lose Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn and only have MLE and vet min to fill out roster. Also they

Same scenario has happened many times over for many years.

S&T's just don't get big returns.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wonder where Siakam gets moved too.

I also wonder how quickly this happens

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Masai has all the leverage right now if a deal isn't done yet. He can just say no to the Heats offer and wait to get the return he wants

Reactions: stickty111

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Unlikely. A re-tooling is more likely
i mean i dunno, this team isnt good as it stands, and the only player that will fetch much of anything is our leading scorer and best current player. i dont see a retool, i see something longer atm, which is fine.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
full rebuild incoming?

No. A full rebuild would involve tearing the whole roster apart. The Raptors already have a solid batch of good young players mostly 25 and under (Barnes, Anunoby, Flynn, Trent) and a few other solid guys who are like 27 (VanVleet, Boucher, Siakam).

Lowry out brings in Achiuwa (21) for the young core and whatever else they might get via Dragic or Dragic's vacated cap space. The intent with this roster seems to be to try and get younger in a hurry so that they can accelerate a return to prominence. It's not a full burn-it-down move.

The only guy that seems even close to even-money to move out is Siakam.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I guess it never said good shooters. :sarcasm:

He still shoots over 50% of his 2pters and his playmaking has drastically improved with the Spurs. Yeah spacing isn’t there with him, Butler, and Bam on the floor but having two shooters in Lowry + Robinson (and Herro/Nunn off the bench) is still effective because that ball is going to travel often and find that open man.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
No. A full rebuild would involve tearing the whole roster apart. The Raptors already have a solid batch of good young players mostly 25 and under (Barnes, Anunoby, Flynn, Trent) and a few other solid guys who are like 27 (VanVleet, Boucher, Siakam).

Lowry out brings in Achiuwa (21) for the young core and whatever else they might get via Dragic or Dragic's vacated cap space. The intent with this roster seems to be to try and get younger in a hurry so that they can accelerate a return to prominence. It's not a full burn-it-down move.

The only guy that seems even close to even-money to move out is Siakam.
i would consider a rebuild getting rid of FVV and siakam mainly.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Masai has all the leverage right now if a deal isn't done yet. He can just say no to the Heats offer and wait to get the return he wants

While that is true Bobby Webster has said that the raps are gonna do right by Kyle Lowry.

I'd prefer they play hardball with Miami but it doesn't sound like they will do that.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Masai and Webster showing Dubas how it's done when it comes to getting assets for a impending FA. :sarcasm:
Imagine EDM could get Hyman and not have his cap hit count against the $81.5m if they did a sign and trade. What do you think they would give up? Totally different NBA vs NHL.

Reactions: LeafChief

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
While that is true Bobby Webster has said that the raps are gonna do right by Kyle Lowry.

I'd prefer they play hardball with Miami but it doesn't sound like they will do that.
Yeah but Lowry could've signed with MIA outright but they didnt wanna lose Robinson and Nunn

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Imagine EDM could get Hyman and not have his cap hit count against the $81.5m if they did a sign and trade. What do you think they would give up? Totally different NBA vs NHL.
I was being sarcastic, it was more of a dig at the NHL in general since NHL GMs lack creativity on the whole to work within the cap. You never see a S&T in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad