Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
chris paul's deal is even worse lol.
They're actually kinda similar to Ovechkin's new contract. Deciding whether or not to offer legacy contracts is the hardest position for a GM to be in.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Weren't the Raptors looking at a Lowry for Herro swap at the deadline? I guess they didn't revisit that idea.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
They're actually kinda similar to Ovechkin's new contract. Deciding whether or not to offer legacy contracts is the hardest position for a GM to be in.
for sure, but mn chris paul just had wrist surgery..is 36 and will be 40 when that deal is up. scary AF lol

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
fournier to knicks 4 years 78mil jeezuz knicks.

also rose re-signs 3yrs 43mil

Last edited:

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I don't mind different takes/opinions etc, but it's frustrating when sports talk - outside the basketball reporters - fundamentally don't understand the NBA system and use a hockey context (dump assets at the deadline for the best offer) to analyze decisions.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul move quickly in NBA free agency - The Associated Press

Point guards were the immediate focus when the NBA’s free agency window opened Monday night, with Kyle Lowry headed to the Miami Heat, Lonzo Ball on his way to the Chicago Bulls while Chris Paul and Mike Conley landed lucrative deals to remain with their current teams.

Lowry and the agency that represents him, Priority Sports, said he was headed to the Heat. A person with knowledge of the deal said he would be signing a three-year contract worth nearly $30 million annually in what will become a sign-and-trade that sends Goran Dragic and Precious Achiuwa from Miami to Toronto. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because nothing had yet been approved by the league.

“Miami Heat X Kyle Lowry Let’s Goo!!” Lowry wrote on Twitter, followed by five fire emojis.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I find it strange that KL is already blurting out that he has signed BUT yet no word on the players or better yet finalized. Premature?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just has to be an even money trade for Dallas.

I think I saw that they have about $20-30m of practical cap space if they jettison some of their cap holds. I believe they already cut one of the holds in half because Tim Hardaway Jr signed for $16m.

Powell makes $11m. Dragic is at $19m

The Jays could conceivably take back Powell and maybe mild sweetener like Tyler Bey and they would only have to renounce one of their other cap hold guys.

Or they might even be able to avoid all that because I swear I heard that there was talk of JJ Reddick signing elsewhere.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I think I saw that they have about $20-30m of practical cap space if they jettison some of their cap holds. I believe they already cut one of the holds in half because Tim Hardaway Jr signed for $16m.

Powell makes $11m. Dragic is at $19m

The Jays could conceivably take back Powell and maybe mild sweetener like Tyler Bey and they would only have to renounce one of their other cap hold guys.

Or they might even be able to avoid all that because I swear I heard that there was talk of JJ Reddick signing elsewhere.

Is Powell a good closer? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad