Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Last nights game to me felt like a team that was disjointed and awstruck. First game home for some in almost 2 years and shots were just not falling. For the Raptors to be successful they need to hit more than 7 three's.

I like the youth on the team and as they continue to grow and we get back Siakam this team will instantly become much better. They were able to hold the Wizards to under 100 points which shows Nurse is still preaching the defense which is a good sign.

Looking forward to better games after a rather disappointing outcome for game 1.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I was at the game and the shooting was atrocious. It certainly didn't help that Anunoby only had three points going into the third quarter. I think there were nerves, but it was clear that the shooting was off. However, there were bright spots. Achiuwa is a high motor defender. He was go go go and had no quit. Scottie Barnes is going to be a monster when he fills out and the fact he can play all forward and guard positive is going to make him stupid tough to defend against. Dalano Banton is going to be a perennial 6th man of the year candidate.

I expect that as the season continues and everyone settles in, things will get better. This is a work in progress and people will need to be patient. You can see how things are coming together, but its going to take time. They aren't a playoff contender this year and if they can land one more lottery pick, next year should be a different story. They're going to be tough this year and Toronto won't be an easy win.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad