Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Yup, Precious keeps trying to force these alley-oop plays and doesn't have the height and jump combo to pull it off lol

Also glad to see you're one of the first guys to share my opinion on FVV, I've always thought he would be so good if all he'd do is get open and catch and shoot 3s, absolutely hate him as a playmaker though. But he seems to be absolutely revered in this city, I've always found him overrated though I appreciate what he did for us in our championship run
I just find FVV is too streaky and not good enough at seeing the floor. He's almost ideal as a really good 6th man or a combo guard that catches and shoots but he can't be the guy.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I just find FVV is too streaky and not good enough at seeing the floor. He's almost ideal as a really good 6th man or a combo guard that catches and shoots but he can't be the guy.
hes too short to see over the defense plus he doesnt make decisions quick enough, thats a very bad combo in a floor general.

Reactions: chaosrevolver

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
@Oscar Peterson sorry you had to pay to watch this performance..holy hell.

1st game back in almost 2 years and this is the effort they put forth
Haha thanks bud .... I definitely was hoping being the first home game after last season that they'd really show up today, but I have cursed luck for attending Leafs/Raps/Jays games ... Literally have never gone to a game and won

But the Banton moment was pretty awesome so I'll take that :laugh:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Haha thanks bud .... I definitely was hoping being the first home game after last season that they'd really show up today, but I have cursed luck for attending Leafs/Raps/Jays games ... Literally have never gone to a game and won

Can you stop going to games? Well actually I'm good if you go to Leafs games :laugh:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica

hey, as long as the starters minus barnes arent in the game we have a chance, comeback is on!!!

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
these refs are f***ing trash, 3 absolutely garbage calls on barnes, one of which was an offensive foulf which should have been and and 1

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
delano and barnes were the best players on the raptors tonight, thats amazing and sad all at the same time.
barnes: 12 pts, 9rbs and a bunch of scrubs screwing up his assist total lol
delano: 7 pts 3rbs in 12 minutes

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
im over FVV tbh.
Same, just don't think he's worth that contract nor should he be playing the role he is

Ball movement was a lot better when he was on the bench and Barnes was the one running it down

Also as someone who wasn't a big fan of the Barnes pick, he looked really good tonight, his shot is uggglyyy though, still he impacts the game in so many different ways which honestly gives me Lowry vibes, and his no look pass is deadly. With some more confidence he's gonna be real good, if he can develop a shot look out

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Same, just don't think he's worth that contract nor should he be playing the role he is

Ball movement was a lot better when he was on the bench and Barnes was the one running it down

Also as someone who wasn't a big fan of the Barnes pick, he looked really good tonight, his shot is uggglyyy though, still he impacts the game in so many different ways which honestly gives me Lowry vibes, and his no look pass is deadly. With some more confidence he's gonna be real good, if he can develop a shot look out
for me his actual shot looks good, but theres something with his legs, like they dont bend so he doesnt get any power into his shots. he needs yoga or something to improve his flexability...that sky hook though just shows what hes capable of. he should have had another 2 -3 point for that offensive foul, no idea why nurse didnt challenge that

as for FVV, with lowry here running the show i could live with some of that stuff, but now hes being asked to run the offense but hes just not capable of it. his iq and vision are pretty poor.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
for me his actual shot looks good, but theres something with his legs, like they dont bend so he doesnt get any power into his shots. he needs yoga or something to improve his flexability...that sky hook though just shows what hes capable of. he should have had another 2 -3 point for that offensive foul, no idea why nurse didnt challenge that

as for FVV, with lowry here running the show i could live with some of that stuff, but now hes being asked to run the offense but hes just not capable of it. his iq and vision are pretty poor
Hmm, you could be right, I never really played much ball so I'm not sure I can analyse the exact mechanics of it, but pretty much every time he took a shot from range you could easily see that was it wasn't going to drop right after it was launched

But you're not the first person I've seen say that, so I'm hoping that he does find a way to improve on whatever it is holding him back

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Hmm, you could be right, I never really played much ball so I'm not sure I can analyse the exact mechanics of it, but pretty much every time he took a shot from range you could easily see that was it wasn't going to drop right after it was launched

But you're not the first person I've seen say that, so I'm hoping that he does find a way to improve on whatever it is holding him back
maybe im crazy, but when i watch him in real game action hes just not powerful enough in the lower body, its probably one of the reasons hes not very explosive unless he gets a running start. but in reality its just my opinion..im no basketball coach lol.

btw: i was against the scottie pick too, its early but ive been dead wrong so far, kid can be special with his skillset and work ethic.

if nurse would have challenged that offensive foul he would have finished with 15pts and 9rbs, amazing debut.

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
If they shoot that bad consistently its going to be a long year. OG was not the offensive force we hoped for

On the plus side, Barnes and Banton are legit.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
If they shoot that bad consistently its going to be a long year. OG was not the offensive force we hoped for

On the plus side, Barnes and Banton are legit.
i think the OG thing was more of an anomaly, the FVV thing we will prob see a bunch of games like that from him, its easier to swollow when others are hitting their shots, but he looks like sub 40% fg shooter at this point imo.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I missed the opening festivities so I'm watching a rebroadcast right now and two things occur to me:

#1: You cannot convince me Isaac Bonga is 21. He looks like he's 37.

#2: I hate that they have that secondary arena host guy that does the starting lineup. It's an insult to Herbie Kuhn that he has to hand over the most important part of his pre-game work to a guy that feels like he's out there to make himself look clever instead of giving all the attention to the players. I've hated him for a few years now because it's an insult to Kuhn who's been doing this gig for years and is as much an institution as The Raptor himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad