GWT: Champions League - Semifinals

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Gonna watch this game

Football is better as a neutral, much less stressful

BTW, Turpin had a perfect game yesterday.
He's so atrocious in L1 and mostly good in Europe. No idea why.
I was going to post this
Maybe he is not interested in officiating L1 games and/or is more motivated by the fact more people watch the CL (some people love the cameras - looking at you Pep).

Dude is the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of officiating, he was great yesterday.

And I'm still convinced he and Trossard were separated at birth.

Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
PSG started very tentatively, especially at midfield, but have since taken more control of the ball.

If the match stays similar, and neither teams' forwards see much of ball in the attacking third, Dortmund should be more worried about Mbappe scoring 1 goal on a quick turnaround than any of Dortmund forwards.

Fullkrug will be quite useless in a match like that, outside of corners at least.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
PSG started very tentatively, especially at midfield, but have since taken more control of the ball.

If the match stays similar, and neither teams' forwards see much of ball in the attacking third, Dortmund should be more worried about Mbappe scoring 1 goal on a quick turnaround than any of Dortmund forwards.

Fullkrug will be quite useless in a match like that, outside of corners at least.

And then I was wrong.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's your biggest effort guy, constantly leading the team in kilometres run. He's bad with the ball but you still need guys to carry the piano.
He's awful. Both other midfielders are way better.

Terrible goal to give up.
Lucas seems injured.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

Lucas seems injured.
He's more useful than WZE but you're not ready for this conversation. And Vininha's offense doesn't make up for his lack of strength defensively.
Nico's having himself a game so far.
The Dortmund Pirlo. He did the same against Atletico

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Lucas seems injured.

Warren Emery hasn't been good in this match in either direction, Vitinha has been average, albeit he has tried some progressive passes, but they've largely failed.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's more useful than WZE but you're not ready for this conversation. And Vininha's offense doesn't make up for his lack of strength defensively.

The Dortmund Pirlo. He did the same against Atletico

He's also killed a number of PSG attacks. Just excellent with & against the ball.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
He's also killed a number of PSG attacks. Just excellent with & against the ball.
You're preaching to the choir, I think he's the best German center back, better than Rudiger, but I've heard he's messed up for the NT a couple of times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad