Raptors Discussion: v95|Masai's back! The panic and dread can now end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Norm trades makes a little less sense now considering they make the same.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I was being sarcastic, it was more of a dig at the NHL in general since NHL GMs lack creativity on the whole to work within the cap. You never see a S&T in the NHL.
Ah I hear ya. I would like to see the NHL adopt some of the salary cap elements that they have, like bird rights, even little things like trade kickers for the players.

Reactions: Cloned

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Is Dragic not a good player anymore?

Not imo. 35 and came of one of his worst season in his career. I have no idea why the Pels or Mavs would want him at $19M. Has missed on average 27 games in the last 3 years. If the last 2 weren’t shorten seasons he would have missed more.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Looks like we are stuck with Baynes!! Lmao.

Baynes last year next season is an option which we can decline. Raps are exploring a trade for him, if we can’t move him I assume we decline his option and let him walk.

If the Lowry trade goes through we have Precious and Boucher and could re-sin Khiem Birch.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I would rather make no deal than a bad deal too.
Agree. Unfortunately for us its a bad year to need a center. But would rather go budget than overpay a complimentary player.

As painful as it might be to watch, i am all for another rebuilding non-playoff year. Isnt Siakam out for the 1st 2 months anyway? Another top 5 pick (could even be a center) would do us wonders.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
It will be interesting to see what they do with Dragic. He still holds value for a playoff contending team. Someone like the Mavs, OKC, Lakers or even Clippers will be interested. Wouldnt mind a player like Powell and a pick coming back to Toronto.

This coming season will be a difficult one. If they dont add anyone of significance which is highly likely. We could be in for being a bottom feeding team once again. I personally do not mind if it means gaining another lottery pick. I just hope players like Freddy, OG and Siakam can put up with a losing season without wanting out.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It will be interesting to see what they do with Dragic. He still holds value for a playoff contending team. Someone like the Mavs, OKC, Lakers or even Clippers will be interested. Wouldnt mind a player like Powell and a pick coming back to Toronto.

This coming season will be a difficult one. If they dont add anyone of significance which is highly likely. We could be in for being a bottom feeding team once again. I personally do not mind if it means gaining another lottery pick. I just hope players like Freddy, OG and Siakam can put up with a losing season without wanting out.

Another lottery year is probably perfect.. if we can add a legit shot maker through the draft next year, the sky is the limit.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Norm trades makes a little less sense now considering they make the same.
i mean they are very similar players but trent is 22 and norm is 28, trent has a good shot to be a more impactful player than norm(unless we are playing the bucks then nobody will ever be better)and fits our timeline with OG better. i see why they did it.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Helios Fairfax Appoints Masai Ujiri to Its Board of Directors

image.png

August 03, 2021 07:50 ET | Source: Helios Fairfax Partners Corporation

Not for distribution to U.S. newswire services or dissemination in the United States.

TORONTO, Aug. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Helios Fairfax Partners Corporation (“Helios Fairfax”) (TSX:HFPC.U) announces that it has appointed Masai Ujiri as an independent director.

Ujiri grew up in Zaria, Nigeria, attended college in the United States, and became the first African general manager in professional sports in 2011, while with the Denver Nuggets. In 2013, he was named Executive of the Year. Under Ujiri’s leadership, in 2019 the Toronto Raptors became the first team outside the United States to win an NBA Championship.

In 2003, Ujiri co-founded Giants of Africa, an organization which uses sports as a tool to enrich the lives of youth on the continent. The organization’s ethos is “Dream Big,” and Giants now connects with youth – boys and girls – in more than 17 African countries and territories. The summer of 2018 marked 15 years of the organization, and that July, Ujiri and former U.S. President Barack Obama opened the Giants of Africa court at the Sauti Kuu Foundation Sports, Resource and Vocational Training Centre, in Alego, Kenya. More courts are scheduled to be unveiled across the continent this September. The summer of 2022 will see the inaugural Giants of Africa Festival bring together 200 youth from 11 African countries to Kigali, Rwanda for a week-long celebration of basketball, education, culture, and entertainment.

In addition to his work with Giants of Africa, Ujiri has served as a board member of Basketball Without Borders, and has travelled to African Union meetings with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as part of the Canadian delegation. This year, Ujiri intends to take on new challenges, including advocating for equality and fair treatment for marginalized people in the justice system, and focusing on the issue of child soldiers and peace. In 2020, Ujiri launched thatshumanity.org, inspired by his experiences and the lessons learned from leaders like Nelson Mandela.

Helios Fairfax is an investment holding company whose investment objective is to achieve long term capital appreciation, while preserving capital, by investing in public and private equity securities and debt instruments in Africa and African businesses or other businesses with customers, suppliers or business primarily conducted in, or dependent on, Africa.

Last edited:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Another lottery year is probably perfect.. if we can add a legit shot maker through the draft next year, the sky is the limit.
some really good guards too available in the lottery next year too. on paper right now we are not a good team, and i prefer to not try to sneak in the back door of the playoffs to get destroyed in the 1st round by a contender and lower our lottery pick at the same time. with our trouble bringing in FAs etc we have to rebuild via the draft, since i really doubt theres another kawhi hail mary to be made. im fine sucking for 1 or 2 more years to make us a contender again.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
i mean they are very similar players but trent is 22 and norm is 28, trent has a good shot to be a more impactful player than norm(unless we are playing the bucks then nobody will ever be better)and fits our timeline with OG better. i see why they did it.
Yeah fair enough. But norm and kyle gone is rough :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad