Raptors Discussion: v91 - NBA in restart plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I love this team so much! They will not die and anyone can step up in any given moment. Also Kyle Lowry is just so special, 34 and still giving performances like this. He had that amazing shot to ice the game but also played amazing defense down the stretch with 5 fouls! Crazy!

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We're running out of time for Siakam to get going.

The positive news is the Raptors have another level to get to, if Siakam can start putting up ~20+ points more regularly.
I'd settle for him just not forcing plays that arent there at this point.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hayward is supposed to be cleared from quarantine for Game 7. He could be a huge difference maker for the celtics if he comes hot. We desperately need Siakam to step back up and give us 25 points on good shooting. Gasol also providing better rebounding and a few buckets would help a lot.
Or rusty and cause them to play out of sync.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I love this team so much! They will not die and anyone can step up in any given moment. Also Kyle Lowry is just so special, 34 and still giving performances like this. He had that amazing shot to ice the game but also played amazing defense down the stretch with 5 fouls! Crazy!

Excellent point. The thing that made me the most nervous about a 2nd OT was the 5 fouls on Lowry. If there's one player who knows how to play in that spot though, it's Lowry. I'm running out of superlatives to describe the guy, what a boss he is!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Yeah, Tatum is in the NBA because he can't tell the difference between his teammate in a Celtics jersey and Nick Nurse wearing a polo tee. Why would there be two Celtics that close to each other anyways?

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
as far as Siakam goes, I think he's been strong enough defensively to stay in the lineup. He just has to stop killing the offense. Whether that's from him simply playing better or the team deciding to put the ball in the hands of other players, the Celtics are too good to keep letting plays die like that

He needs to stop shooting so many 3’s. Hes clearly lost confidence in that aspect and needs to drive to the basket a little more

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019

Yeah, Tatum is in the NBA because he can't tell the difference between his teammate in a Celtics jersey and Nick Nurse wearing a polo tee. Why would there be two Celtics that close to each other anyways?

Celtic fans complaining about the refs when litterally any time Tatum drives the refs call a foul

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He needs to stop shooting so many 3’s. Hes clearly lost confidence in that aspect and needs to drive to the basket a little more
Brown is too athletic for him to give him the space he wants, and he's too scared to jump over him because he has no confidence in his jump shot right now.

Reactions: The Cobra

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
That was a thrilling heavyweight bout right there and so happy we stuck it to Boston. That said, I wonder how much they have left in the tank after that. And Siakam is so bad. Turnovers, missing easy lay ups, forcing terrible shots. Really bad.
I wonder how much both teams will have left in the tank after this series. Its been a grueling series that's been hard fought (outside of game 5).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I wonder how much both teams will have left in the tank after this series. Its been a grueling series that's been hard fought (outside of game 5).

Miami will allow either team to get back to the type of game they're comfortable with. Boston-Toronto is literally the worst matchup for both teams against each other. I suspect either Boston or Toronto will actually have little trouble with Miami despite how well Miami has played so far and how long this series is going.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Refs definitely gave it to us, but after years of being irrelevant and on the wrong side of these games I’ll take the assist from the zebras.

I've never seen a fringe star like Tatum get the calls he does. Raptors are gonna have to come out strong as I expect the refs will spot Boston 5-10 more free throws.

I wouldn’t call Tatum a fringe star, maybe a fringe elite or fringe top tier player. He’s absolutely incredible.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
BTW, is the 9PM start time confirmed? Other than one guy tweeting it, I can't find anything online.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Refs definitely gave it to us, but after years of being irrelevant and on the wrong side of these games I’ll take the assist from the zebras.

I wouldn’t call Tatum a fringe star, maybe a fringe elite or fringe top tier player. He’s absolutely incredible.
They had to make up for the emabrsement of the Marcus Smart fouls, which were clear flops with no contact. Also of note on Lowry's shot Kemba got him on the hand, should have been an and1.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Miami poses a problem in the sense that Jimmy Butler's the best player on the floor against either team.

Miami would have difficulty matching Boston's athleticism. They also wouldn't have the stifling transition defence that Boston does against the Raps, so there are probably at least 10-15 "easy" points per game there for Toronto's offense if they make it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad