Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Go Raptors Go! A championship banner raising still seems surreal.

I hope the Clippers rot.

The Clippers can rot because of the way they conducted their business over last season, not because Kawhi chose to go home. They were sending Lawrence Frank to damn almost every home game for the Raps. Steve Balmer even made a few trips. They were tampering, there is no doubt about it in my mind. I hope they don't win shit.

Reactions: PM

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
The Clippers can rot because of the way they conducted their business over last season, not because Kawhi chose to go home. They were sending Lawrence Frank to damn almost every home game for the Raps. Steve Balmer even made a few trips. They were tampering, there is no doubt about it in my mind. I hope they don't win ****.

Why is that tampering?

Four years from now, what’s stopping Larry and Masai from becoming Nuggets STHs to watch Jamal Murray court-side every game?

It’s how the free agent recruitment game is played.

Enough with the double standards. If successful- every single one of us would be praising Dubas and Shanahan if they parked themselves in Edmonton for half the year as part of Connor McDavid’s free agency pitch in the last year of his current contract.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The rings are just a touch excessive. Consider that most of the team aren't exactly small dudes, yet look how big those rings are on their hands. So how big must they be on the hand of a "normal" person.

There's no real way those are wearable even as a thing just for special occasions.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why is that tampering?

Four years from now, what’s stopping Larry and Masai from becoming Nuggets STHs to watch Jamal Murray court-side every game?

Enough with the double standards. If successful- every single one of us would be praising Dubas and Shanahan if they parked themselves in Edmonton for half the year as part of Connor McDavid’s free agency pitch in the last year of his current contract.

It's tampering because the rules of the CBA specifically state that teams are not supposed to have contact with players who are under contract to other organizations without permission.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
It's tampering because the rules of the CBA specifically state that teams are not supposed to have contact with players who are under contract to other organizations without permission.

The burden of proof lies with the Raptors and the rest of the league/NBA to establish that the Clippers had “contact” with Kawhi last year.

Attending games and sitting court side is not “contacting”.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Why is that tampering?

We were a joke to the Clippers. I just don't think if Kawhi was with SA that the Clippers would be doing this to near the same extent.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
We were a joke to the Clippers. I just don't think if Kawhi was with SA that the Clippers would be doing this to near the same extent.

Isn’t this the most contradictory take there is?

The *reason* why Kawhi Leonard ever played Basketball in Toronto was because SA wanted to punish him and his camp for using a pre-existing injury as a pretext for demanding a trade to one of the 2 LA teams, simply because he wanted to go back home.

If Kawhi had still been with SA, there would’ve been no noise around the fact that he had his sights set on the Lakers or Clippers during free agency. It only ever got out because his camp leaked it to tank his value in the hopes he wouldn’t be traded elsewhere- which he was.

Sep 18, 2009
Why is that tampering?

Kawhi should be suspended for tampering

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm curious if Siakam added anything to his game this summer. So far many of his drives seem a little chaotic. He really needs a quality midrange jumper.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I'm curious if Siakam added anything to his game this summer. So far many of his drives seem a little chaotic. He really needs a quality midrange jumper.

Chaotic is a good description. He had a few nice to start.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
For his role in the Paul George trade?

That’s completely separate from what Raptors fans are accusing the Clippers of doing by attending games all season.

Cali can do what they want. They won't make waves with a combined market cap of like 5billion dollars. Toronto is like 500m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad