Raptors Discussion: v89| Those are some big rings | Raptors out to defend their championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I like our young core, but we are definitely short on quality off the bench if we get into injury trouble.

Can't rely on only going 7-8 deep every night and be fresh for the playoffs.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Uhhh, no. I paid about that for an engagement ring that wasn't anywhere NEAR this.

Probably $100K+

My guess... (This is for the players rings. I think they used inferior stuff for the other guys.

1-2 oz of gold. $3000. Small diamonds $8000. Big diamonds include the big $19,000. Workmanship, design team etc. $20,000 for a total of about $50,000.00

50k is my bet but it could be as high as $75k depending on the big diamond clarity etc.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
My guess... (This is for the players rings. I think they used inferior stuff for the other guys.

1-2 oz of gold. $3000. Small diamonds $8000. Big diamonds include the big $19,000. Workmanship, design team etc. $20,000 for a total of about $50,000.00

50k is my bet but it could be as high as $75k depending on the big diamond clarity etc.
Surely one of us has a jeweller friend

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Didnt get a chance to post but I thought Davis looked quite good in his first game. He was really good on defense and you can tell he has high IQ. Could be another undrafted gem.

If Lowry was 3 years younger, this team could make the finals. Just don’t think we are going to have enough offense with the current group.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Didnt get a chance to post but I thought Davis looked quite good in his first game. He was really good on defense and you can tell he has high IQ. Could be another undrafted gem.

If Lowry was 3 years younger, this team could make the finals. Just don’t think we are going to have enough offense with the current group.

Lowry looks fine, he'll play himself into shape. Good for 2 seasons. I think there is going to be surprise offense out of this group.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Rings look ridiculous, IMO.

I think the notion of big championship rings started out well, but then someone decided each year's rings had to be bigger than the one before.

So now that's where we're at. Tacky, unwearable, ridiculous.

I was trying to describe them to a friend the next morning over breakfast. I ended up putting an empty espresso cup like a ring with the handle on my fingers and telling him to imagine it spray-painted gold and covered in rhinestones.

Reactions: ACC1224

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think the notion of big championship rings started out well, but then someone decided each year's rings had to be bigger than the one before.

So now that's where we're at. Tacky, unwearable, ridiculous.

I was trying to describe them to a friend the next morning over breakfast. I ended up putting an empty espresso cup like a ring with the handle on my fingers and telling him to imagine it spray-painted gold and covered in rhinestones.

I am sure they will all have small versions made. That's just for show to give people to talk about. They want the league to know this is the place to be, we go over the top, all first class. I get it, everything was over the top just like the parade.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I'm okay with the huge, gawdy, unwearable rings. If I were in the position, I definitely would not want to wear it and instead have it displayed at home. It's not often you win those things, so by all means, go all out and make them as "blingy" as possible. I'd just get a smaller replica made so that it can be worn, while the real one is on display in safe keeping.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
didnt drake design a 2nd ring for the team?

I thought I saw something on twitter saying that.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What do you guys think of Boston? Are they really good? IMO, 3rd best team in the division at best. Behind Philly and Toronto. They are led by Kemba Walker? He hasn't done a thing in this league.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
What do you guys think of Boston? Are they really good? IMO, 3rd best team in the division at best. Behind Philly and Toronto. They are led by Kemba Walker? He hasn't done a thing in this league.
Can I laugh at the fact that the Ringer has the Raptors missing the playoffs entirely, but they expect the Clippers and the f***ing LAKERS to challenge for the West championship? And forget about them sucking the dicks of a Boston team that's now lead by Kemba Walker and not much else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->