Raptors Discussion: v88| Kawhi signs with the Clippers. But hey, at least we got a title out of him first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I know, if the Raps dont make anymore moves then it is a huge opportunity for Powell, like HUGE. Same with McCaw and Miller... If not you can roll 2 PGs like we did in the playoffs with Lowry and FVV but then you need to find a better backup PG.

I was hoping we'd bring in Bradley, but he's going to the LA.

But yeah, I guess the exciting thing is it's a huge opp for Powell and McCaw. Especially Powell, give the potential he once showed.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

But yeah, I guess the exciting thing is it's a huge opp for Powell and McCaw. Especially Powell, give the potential he once showed.

If he becomes just an average SG then his contract will become a steal.

I was suspect of the Lakers if they missed on Kawhi but they have done a great job filling their roster.

Last edited:

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Djq, where do you see the raps going from here? Do we sell do we just try to make the playoffs knowing this isn't a championship team? Retool perhaps? What do you see here for the raps this season and next?

I believe they'll try to add some young talent to put around FVV, Siakam, OG and Norm, and trade the veterans when teams who believe they have a shot at the title this coming year are looking to add. From a building standpoint, you're in an enviable position with three big expiring contracts attached to players who just won, and contributed to significantly, a championship.

I don't think you'll ever see a Masai team truly tank (as many of us thought they would back before the '14 draft). I believe they are quite cocky about their scouting and player development, and rightfully so as they've proven to have an edge on the majority of franchises. I'm confident during the course of the season they'll turn Gasol, Ibaka and Kyle into some undervalued talent.

Reactions: ER89

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I like the Terence Davis signing - saw highlights of the Nuggets summer league game where he dropped 22, and mind you, it was summer league, but he looked impressive in creating his own shots and was 5-7 from long range. He had 6 fouls (you get 10 in summer league), but you can see he's confident out there when given the green light.

He bet on himself just like FVV - no 2-way contract for him and year 1 is guaranteed.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I believe they'll try to add some young talent to put around FVV, Siakam, OG and Norm, and trade the veterans when teams who believe they have a shot at the title this coming year are looking to add. From a building standpoint, you're in an enviable position with three big expiring contracts attached to players who just won, and contributed to significantly, a championship.

I don't think you'll ever see a Masai team truly tank (as many of us thought they would back before the '14 draft). I believe they are quite cocky about their scouting and player development, and rightfully so as they've proven to have an edge on the majority of franchises. I'm confident during the course of the season they'll turn Gasol, Ibaka and Kyle into some undervalued talent.

This seems like a very logical guess as to what will happen. The only thing about this course of action that I would possibly have some regrets about is that I would like to see Lowry retire a Raptor. But then, that's just me being sentimental (which I guess there's little or no room for in pro sports today) and I suppose they can always trade him and then resign him as a UFA later. And if Lowry is in the playoffs on a contending team in the spring I'll be cheering for him. Unless he's playing for the Lakers, then I just dunno.

ATM Lowry is my favourite Raptor of all time, I've always said that he's the kind of player you win with!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This seems like a very logical guess as to what will happen. The only thing about this course of action that I would possibly have some regrets about is that I would like to see Lowry retire a Raptor. But then, that's just me being sentimental (which I guess there's little or no room for in pro sports today) and I suppose they can always trade him and then resign him as a UFA later. And if Lowry is in the playoffs on a contending team in the spring I'll be cheering for him. Unless he's playing for the Lakers, then I just dunno.

ATM Lowry is my favourite Raptor of all time, I've always said that he's the kind of player you win with!

Can the Lakers afford him? I don't think the LA teams have picks? Not sure though, but if Lowry is on the market he is going to be in demand.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Honest question here, if by some miracle Raptors repeat and Patrick McCaw wins a 4th straight championship to start his NBA career. Is he a lock for the HOF?:sarcasm:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Powell is not going to get much better. He is 26 years old. The guy that could take a huge leap this year is Anunoby who turns 22 next week. His ceiling is far above Powell.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Pretty crazy that RHJ signed at the min. Man’s gonna be hungry next season.

Im impressed with pretty well all their signings so far. I like them getting Johnson too. A bunch of guys with lots to prove, might not be as talented, but their work ethic should be top notch.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Man, the banner raising ceremony at the home opener next season will not be the same without Kawhi. Disappointing.

It'll be just fine, awesome even. Lowry is our Captain and he will be as proud as the rest of the team that are still here. We're the Champs all year long! Remember, 11 or 12 Teams have never ever won a Championship!

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Plat87

Nov 22, 2018
It's a few months away, I just can't help but feel sad at this moment that he won't be with us. Gimme a break, man, lol.
Oh don't get me wrong i'm still sad that he's not a Raptor anymore lol, but I'm not gonna let that ruin something that might be a once in a lifetime event, it's not like he got traded or something...HE left.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Lol at ice cubes comments on him leaving. Basically saying how he wants to play for a loser since the clippers haven’t ever accomplished anything. Calling clippers the dippers. Lol.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Read a interesting comment that the NBA planned this rivalry (look at the excitement) there was no way Kawhi was going to Lakers. Sure he wanted to go home but is that going to be an excuse now? Russ wants to go home. PG wants to go home.

All in all, Leonard was a rental for us... It worked out, a rarity in sports. But I think Ujiri knew it from the start so he had a back up plan.

BTW, OKC is a mess.... Now they're blaming Westbrook, crazy.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Lol at ice cubes comments on him leaving. Basically saying how he wants to play for a loser since the clippers haven’t ever accomplished anything. Calling clippers the dippers. Lol.

Guys, I really, really don't think Clippers are the favs... Nba pundits were wrong about the east.... West is strong.

Note: nobody is talking about the Warriors. Hmm... People forgot about them. Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad