Raptors Discussion: V84 | One More | Next game : Jun 13, 9pm ET/6pm PT | RAPTORS LEAD SERIES 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Kawhi Leonard's Full Pregame Interview - Game 5 | Warriors vs Raptors | June 9, 2019 NBA Finals Media Availability

Last edited:

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
just read a article saying people started showing up and camping at the park Saturday afternoon. that's crazy might be no room left by tonight depending on how many people don't have anything to do tomorrow lol

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Kawhi is staying, all I am going to say, don't want to get into trouble on this board.

He is staying.

And he is going to win the NBA championship with us.

Reactions: my name is Bob

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The city is gonna shutdown tomorrow, what a crazy time!

Who knows when the next time we'll be able to enjoy something like this. Makes me really wish the leafs somehow pull it off next year

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
I beg to differ. He's ok, but TOR had to wait a while for him to start playing for the team. I think his stint in the NBA will be short lived. "Solid"? What is "solid"? Hall of Fame? Above average? Long and successful career? Perhaps?
What? he had a contract he wanted to finish. If I remember correctly his team was in a fight for the championship. He was also label one of best outside the NBA. Won mvp for his league a couple times while only age 20/21. ESPN had a spread about him while Toronto was waiting for him and some called him the steal of the draft at 5. The wait wasn't because of his ability.

He has been in league for 6/7 years already, so thats already close to an average life span of an NBA player, it has already past the label of a short stint. Why you said it will be a short stint is confusing. He did just put up 20 and 10 in Memphis with some big games so im thinking he will be there starter for awhile especially as they are rebuilding.

Solid is being a starter for most of your career so far and and putting up solid numbers along the way. Did he fall short of what was expected, yeah but that has alot to do with his type of centers dying out with the new nba. Still though he did pretty well for himself considering most of his breed are out of the league now.

He is the 7th best player from his draft year so I would say it was a good pick by Toronto. Just look who was pick around him could of been a bust. It was also where he was projected, I still remember how happy the staff was when Cleveland took Thomson. I think your questioning the pick because he was another euro.

So yes as a 5th pick his career has been solid and it will continue to be for I would guess another few years. He has a great attitude and players and coaches seems to love him. Those types of guys usually have long shelf life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Really hope the Blues win the Stanley cup tonight because you just know the Raps cant win the Larry O’Brien Trophy before the NHL is done. :laugh:

We are depending on you St. Louis

Reactions: ADTH89

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
I'm not crowning JV the worst pick. Part of my point has to do with the type of players they picked.

I don't see JV as solid though. Have you ever watched him run the floor? He looks like he's running on hot coals.
That has nothing to do with being solid wtf how many true centers runs like gazelles. Everything he has done solidify him as a solid pick. His numbers shows it and his compadre picked around him proves it. At number five its a solid return of investment.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
cant win the Larry O’Brien Trophy before the NHL is done.

I'm pretty sure it has happened a few times in the past.

EDIT: Had a quick look on Google, 2013 and 2002 were the previous two years when NBA ended their season before NHL did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Economist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad