Raptors Discussion: V84 | One More | Next game : Jun 13, 9pm ET/6pm PT | RAPTORS LEAD SERIES 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
AGAINST Rockets: "We're better w/o KD. Curry is KING".
AGAINST Raps: "oh ****... We need him back."

What a fickled fan base! If your four all stars can't figure it out... Wow!
I saw a report that said Draymond Green said that to KD's FACE in the locker room. "We don't need you to win. Leave, if you want."

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
People thought of us underdogs because of the "Canada" thing and american media spin. We finished second! One team had a better record. And obviously the Golden state previous teams and experience factored in.

Hope we can take care of business.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
He's a good, starting-caliber center surviving in a league where most of his compatriots are dying a slow death of positional irrelevance. That's "solid" Of course it doesn't mean "hall of fame" Why would it? It also means he was a reasonable selection relative to draft rankings/expectations. He was easily and widely considered a top 4-8 selection in most mocks from 2011 that I've seen. The Raptors didn't reach. They didn't gamble. They didn't go full Araujo or get lulled into picking Bargnani at #1 in one of the worst draft classes of the last couple decades. They used their pick to take a guy who fit what they wanted and was evaluated by scouts to be appropriate to the spot where the Raptors were picking. Obvious hindsight says they would've been better off taking Thompson or Leonard or even Nik Vucevic, but none of them were considered top 5 pick potential at the time. Maybe they would'v been better off skill-wise with Kemba Walker, but with what the Raptors roster had at the time, an undersized ball-dominating scoring guard wasn't necessarily the best fit (and unlike the NHL or MLB drafts, fit is absolutely a factor when drafting NBA players.)

And his stint will be short? He's already played 7 seasons. That's more than a lot of players last. And it's not like he's in danger of washing out. He's still a reliable near double-double most of the time.

Finally Toronto didn't wait "a while". They drafted him in 2011 and he played in Lithuania for 11-12 before coming to the NBA in 12-13, and he spent that season prior to joining the NBA dominating the Euro leagues, racking up an MVP and numerous awards and plaudits, usefully developing before he came over instead of being thrust into the NBA starting lineup too soon or rotting at the end of the bench. Suggesting that hte fact that the Raptors had to wait a whole year to get him and that's a bad thing is asinine. The Spurs waited 3 years for Manu Ginobili. Denver waited a year for Nikola Jokic. It's not unheard of for good non-North-American players to develop for a year or two outside the NBA or wait out their Euro League contracts before they join the NBA. And even if it wasn't, it still wouldn't make it a bad pick if the player does eventually show up in the NBA and play well (which Valanciunas has)

I'm not crowning JV the worst pick. Part of my point has to do with the type of players they picked.

I don't see JV as solid though. Have you ever watched him run the floor? He looks like he's running on hot coals.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
People thought of us underdogs because of the "Canada" thing and american media spin. We finished second! One team had a better record. And obviously the Golden state previous teams and experience factored in.

Hope we can take care of business.

Toronto beat that team too... In 6 games.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't care how he runs if he gets the job done. And he does.
<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="3457496" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.801801801801802"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/window-im-out-out-the-window-good-bye-bye-gif-3457496">Window GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/window-gifs">Window GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>
gtfo-escape-jumping-12pWOEeKbbfdio

Last edited:

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I still remember how awesome it was to watch the Blue Jays win.

I'm excited for the possibility sharing a similar experience with my kids watching the Raptors win it this year.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
just bought my plane ticket from costa rica to go to jurassic park on monday...GO RAPS!!!

Yeah you better be getting in at a good time cause its going to be near impossible getting down town come MOnday, let alone into Jurassic Park.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I have always enjoyed watching basketball, but NEVER like this lol. I know this forum hates unconfirmed rumours, but I talked to a friend of mine who is really plugged into a lot of stuff.

So all I will say is this. I personally think Kawhi, loves Toronto, the fans, his teammates, and I think he is going to play here for a while longer after this year, who knows, he might even complete his career here.

Kawhi is obviously not stupid, he understands magic when he sees it..... He and Toronto, are magic, just like Gilmour was for two years.

Gilmour couldn't take it after a while and his feet were hacked to death. The Raptors are not only Magic, but they deliberately let this guy rest during the season to get him to where he is now.

I don't think he forgets that. In fact I think he has already laid down some roots into Toronto. But hey, just my opinion ,lol.

And sorry for getting into forward thinking. Raps have to finish off a great basketball team.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
guys, just know, I had a calf tear (slight), it needs special care and as a runner, you need to be extra careful. KD if he returns will be limited minutes, or he'll risk re injuring it.

Calf injuries finished off my pro career. All injuries are brutal. All of them are. But calf injuries make you feel like an old man..... And incapable of even walking properly.

I think Durant would come back for sure if he could, but me personally, I just don't think he can.

Josh Donaldson is a shell of what he used to be because of calf issues. And its really sad. But it is what it is.

Reactions: Forgotusername
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad