Raptors Discussion: v81|Raptors beat Bucks 4-2 | next stop: NBA FINALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What's your point?

My point is: it wasn't disrespectful of anybody to pick the Bucks. They're a great team. Nobody who picked the Bucks should "eat crow." It just means they were wrong (just like I was in the third quarter of tonight's game).

Alright, fair enough. I am just glad the Raps were able to prove people wrong.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Does anyone think the raps beat the warriors?

I don't think it's impossible for the Raptors to beat Golden State.

Durant is hurt and may not play. I also think Golden State could have a bit of Milwaukee in them, meaning: Milwaukee blew through the first two rounds and then went up early on the Raptors, only to see a team that had battled against the 76ers turn the tables on them. It's like they relaxed after the first two games and were out.

Also. and this point is interesting, Golden State feels like a team of stars looking for a reason to implode. Think about the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. They were amazing, but eventually, despite all their success, they blew up and separated.

If the Raptors can get in their heads, who knows what can happen.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I was a bit too young to remember the last time a Toronto pro sports team made it to the finals, out of the major pro sports, so this is really cool to witness.

Only one more thing to do from here.

Thank god you don’t count MLS as major. It’s major only in name. It’s probably isn’t even a top 10 soccer league.

Happy for TFC fans that their team won but I’ve seen some of them compare that team to this and I just shake my head. Not the same thing at all. MLS is where all the players who can’t hack it in the big leagues across Europe come to play.

Reactions: KapG

TheKnucklePuck

Feb 26, 2018
Finally feeling back down to earth. Glad the boys get a few days off before taking on GSW. Kawhi and Kyle were banged up and hopefully OG (probably not) will make an appearance. Maybe they can fix Danny by then too.
Today was a good day.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Looking back at this game. When the Raps were down 15 in the third quarter, Kawhi put up 9 points and assisted an one other on 10 consecutive scoring plays that brought the Raptors back into this game before taking the lead. And in that same span he got 5 rebounds (4 defensive, 1 offense).

He's a beast.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I was a bit too young to remember the last time a Toronto pro sports team made it to the finals, out of the major pro sports, so this is really cool to witness.

Only one more thing to do from here.

Last time this happened the Jays beat the White Sox in game 6 of the 93 ALCS. It has definitely been awhile. My wife and I celebrated the 25th anniversary of our first date a couple of weeks ago (we went to a Jays game!) and we hadn't even met in 93.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
The question now is, who's Kawhi gonna guard?

For game 1, probably:

Lowry - Steph
Green - Klay
Kawhi - Iguodala
Siakam - Green
Gasol/Ibaka - Bogut/Cousins

Although I can see Kawhi being assigned Klay if Green doesn't show up again.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I like the Raps chances simply because winning 4 straight against such a great team is amazing and this is the first great team GSW has faced in the playoffs. The west is garbage this year.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I don't think it's impossible for the Raptors to beat Golden State.

Durant is hurt and may not play. I also think Golden State could have a bit of Milwaukee in them, meaning: Milwaukee blew through the first two rounds and then went up early on the Raptors, only to see a team that had battled against the 76ers turn the tables on them. It's like they relaxed after the first two games and were out.

Also. and this point is interesting, Golden State feels like a team of stars looking for a reason to implode. Think about the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. They were amazing, but eventually, despite all their success, they blew up and separated.

If the Raptors can get in their heads, who knows what can happen.

If the Raps win I think it will be like the Pistons back in 2004 which is through strong defense. We seem it in this series, their defense leads to offense.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Are the Warriors as good or better rebounding than the Bucks?

Toronto really locked in defensively when they had too & gave Milwaukee nothing. But they got themselves behind b/c of struggles on the boards. If Golden State out rebounds them like Milwaukee they'll be in tough.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Looking back at this game. When the Raps were down 15 in the third quarter, Kawhi put up 9 points and assisted an one other on 10 consecutive scoring plays that brought the Raptors back into this game before taking the lead. And in that same span he got 5 rebounds (4 defensive, 1 offense).

He's a beast.

He sure is. I say give that man a pair of skates. Leafs could use him. Lol.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

He's a beast.

That sequence was unreal. But it was also huge, when they rested Kawhi at the start of the 4th, the Raptors kept up the momentum.

Those were the two turning points.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Last time this happened the Jays beat the White Sox in game 6 of the 93 ALCS. It has definitely been awhile. My wife and I celebrated the 25th anniversary of our first date a couple of weeks ago (we went to a Jays game!) and we hadn't even met in 93.

As Toronto sports fans we've had a tough go in the last 25 years. So I think it's best to take was Kawhi was telling the team tonight, and just enjoy the moment. Cause you never know when we'll get there again.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Said who?

From what I have heard from the media, OG has just begun to practice - lightly. Seems like a leap that he will be able to compete in the Finals after sitting out for two months after a significant surgery.

Ok, I guess I am underestimating the significance of his surgery. I was hopeful. Would be nice to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad