Raptors Discussion: v81|Raptors beat Bucks 4-2 | next stop: NBA FINALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
The Raptors veterans were more like the Boston Bruins. Calm under pressure and did whatever it took to win, our young guys are more like Embiid, Simmons and Giannis. Fantastically talented but not ready to handle those huge moments and close out when necessary.
That’s not what the poster said tho.

I would argue our kids ARE ready for the big moments. They weren’t asking Babcock to roll 4 lines in game 7 down 2 goals lol. They aren’t asking him to run the 3rd and 4the lines out there for regular shifts while down in game 7 in the 3rd period. They aren’t asking Babcock to split the PP time between the first and second units.

We are going to get off topic here tho so I that’s enough from me on this subject for now

Reactions: The Cobra and weems

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton are asked about what it means to have experience under their belts, and Giannis responds by standing up and walking out. Press Conference. There's a video but that stuff not my jam.

Reactions: KapG

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That being said, I hope GS comes out and guarantees victories like Middleton and Giannis did this past series. It only lights a fire under the Raps butts to prove otherwise. If the Bucks did more playing instead of making public guarantees OR stop the whining of Drake and our superfan maybe they too would be in the position the Raps are in today. But instead they are still whining and are heading home.

Why would GS need to gaurantee? They are the big favored to win and the defending champs.Nobody is questioning them. I hope they are over confident and take the Raptors lightly.

No matter what, Raptors has been great and hope they put up a good fight.

Kawhi is so much better than Demar.

Last edited:
Reactions: KapG and The Cobra

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Babcock didn't have stars who wants it like Kawhi or Kyle to play the heck out let alone produce. Enough already. The blame for the Leafs losing is on the so called studs. Matthews, JT, Marner, Nylander, Reilly and Andersson. That's who's at fault not Babcock.
So Babcock overplayed Marleau because he was having a decent series and not because he’s had a great career and he’s a “gud pro”? Play your superstars more in crucial games, not your 4th liners. If Nurse would have done that Green would have been jacking up 3 balls all night for little production. Stop apologizing for the shortcomings of Babcock. Nurse has already proven he’s a better big game coach than legend-in-his-own-mind Babcock.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
The Raptors veterans were more like the Boston Bruins. Calm under pressure and did whatever it took to win, our young guys are more like Embiid, Simmons and Giannis. Fantastically talented but not ready to handle those huge moments and close out when necessary.

That might all be true but the Raps coach made ingame/mid series adjustments, played his best players a TON, especially in crucial moments and even straight up benched someone who's won a ring.

He basically showed he was willing to do whatever it took to win the game/series and wasnt going to play favorites or take too long to make changes when either certain things werent working or certain players weren't performing.

I dont think you can say Babcock has shown those characteristics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad