Raptors Discussion: v76| Season of Kawhi Pt II: All Kawhi, all the time...or most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
The one good thing that comes out of this game is that our 2nd best player has 0 points and we're only down by 1 with 21 seconds left.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I'm kind of glad Lowry is gonna finish with 0 points. He needs to be exposed for his ******** play. I defended him for many years but he deserves his choker label

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
From all the contendors, we have the worst 3PT%.
We are in trouble.
Lowry can keep complaining at the officials though.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Also WTF was Nurse thinking on that last defensive play. He puts Leonard in the backcourt to guard Brogdan?

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I swear you fickle fans would rather be in the Bulls position.

Who's fickle? This team for the 1st time in franchise history has a player good enough to lead them to a championship and our 2nd best player is afraid to shoot if from inside the 3 point line.

Lowry does enough other things to make an impact but he can't be our 2nd option. His nerves get the best of him.

Reactions: stickty111

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I swear you fickle fans would rather be in the Bulls position.

I mean, they kinda have a reason to go after him here. Last 4 games he has 15 points combined. 25 in his last 5. If he's not getting assists you wouldn't even know he's playing if you didn't watch. That's not good when he's our 2nd best player and a leader on this team.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We lost only by 5 with Lowy going scoreless. Wow. I think that we can't forget the big picture. It's all about the post-season. It really does not make a huge difference if they win 65 or 60 games at the end of the season. The Raps were in virtually every game this season. There were only, what, 2 games where they had no chance to win? They will be fine. The Bucks can win every single regular season game against the Raps but it means very little come the playoffs. Raps swept the Cavs last season, sure meant alot in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I mean, they kinda have a reason to go after him here. Last 4 games he has 15 points combined. 25 in his last 5. If he's not getting assists you wouldn't even know he's playing if you didn't watch. That's not good when he's our 2nd best player and a leader on this team.

And we're really going to call him trash, label him a choker, and disparage his impact because he has struggled with his 3pt shot over the course of a month, maybe, in the regular season?

Who's fickle? This team for the 1st time in franchise history has a player good enough to lead them to a championship and our 2nd best player is afraid to shoot if from inside the 3 point line.

Lowry does enough other things to make an impact but he can't be our 2nd option. His nerves get the best of him.

Uh you are, and it's pretty clear.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
What's up with Lowry? If he was even a semblance of himself, we would have easily won the last couple of games.

Ever since he was asked about his relationship with Masai, his game has gone south for some reason.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
What's up with Lowry? If he was even a semblance of himself, we would have easily won the last couple of games.

Ever since he was asked about his relationship with Masai, his game has gone south for some reason.

He doesn't seem interested in shooting anything other than 3s. Last 4 games, he's taken 28 shots and only 3 of them inside the arc. When your shot isn't going in, you have to find other ways to score.

He obviously has the ability to get to the rim and great enough of shooter to hit mid range shots. I don't know if it's him being passive, injured or another reason I don't know.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Don't know why all the focus is on Lowry though. Our bench is of much greater concern IMO. It hasn't been bad for only the past few weeks but pretty much the whole season.

I believe upgrades are needed and no, I'm not sacrificing our starting lineup for our bench (ie. Moving Siakam to the bench)

Miles/JV/Wright/FVV/OG: Net RTG -2.3
Miles/Ibaka/Wright/FVV/OG: Net RTG -19.4

Watching a game like tonight, it's quite obvious FVV is far more effective without the ball. Him being the primary ballhandler off the bench is ridiculous and needs to stop. Wright is seemingly invisible most games, OG has had plenty of good looks but isn't knocking them down, JV without an effective pocket passer struggles big time and at this point is a situational player and Miles needs to be replaced as there's not much else to say about him.

whoshouse

Aug 13, 2004
It doesn't make sense for the team to trade a Siakam, Wright, or Anunoby for a star. Especially, when you consider Leonard may have already made up his mind and is leaving. No point in wasting assets when this team can be competitive next year by adding a piece or two. Next year is a better year to be competitive anyways, when Golden State dismantles.

You want to keep guys like Anunoby and Siakam. They're big, athletic wings that can guard almost any position. Wright is a keeper. With Lowry and Van Vleet being two smallerish guards, you need Wright in there to D up. Nurse should actually be using Wright more. Maybe give him the keys to the first unit once in a while and let Lowry dominate with the bench mob.

In this game, I'm actually surprised the Bucks didn't run Toronto out of the arena. If it wasn't for the Raps D on the Bucks the Raps would've lost hard. Goes to show how good the Raps D is. Giannis couldn't do much with Siakam on him. Nurse could've gone less JV and more Monroe or Siakam. But at the end of the day, these games don't mean much. Both coaches are withholding plays and purposely are not exploiting each other in order to have the upper hand in the playoffs. You can tell they have way more plays to show for Siakam. Not to mention, I think Powell will be a big upgrade over Miles. You can tell the 2nd unit just doesn't have many options offensively. Powell was actually hitting his 3 and brings it on D.

I do hope they can get a cheap 3 and D wing or Defensive PF/C. Or at least give Boucher more reps in the future. Might as well try everyone and see who catches fire.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Everyone talks about the Raptors, Celtics, 76ers and Bucks but I find the Pacers to be a very underrated team and a team that could upset one of the top 4 teams in the 1st round

You have a star player like Oladipo who could takeover a series by himself with his impact both offensively and defensively

Sabonis is having the same type of season Siakam is having for us

Bogdanovic is 3rd in the league in 3 point shooting and isn't simply just a 3 point scorer as he also has a nice in between game

One of the best interior defenders in the league in Myles Turner who can also be a scoring threat

Collison and Young who are very solid role players and then gun slingers off the bench in Evans and McDermott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad