Raptors Discussion: v76| Season of Kawhi Pt II: All Kawhi, all the time...or most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
The Bucks are a bigger obstacle to us winning the Championship than the Warriors are. ;)

Agreed. They are a bad match up but the bucks don't match the warriors well. Celtics could be the sleeper team to beat Raps. Not concerned with 76ers... They got Butler's ego to deal with.

I love the critics on the Raps hype train now but GS still the favs, and like Jalen mentioned, LOWRY gets frazzled in the playoffs, he is inconsistent. Kawhi is the key IMO. He will put this team over the top.

Last edited:

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
100% no doubt whatsoever that the Raps would have done better in the playoffs if Demar had simply been benched. And I mean in every series.

he's not a good player. On a championship he might make a good Lou Williams-type 6th man instant offense off the bench, but even then his lack of 3 makes him lacking there too.

Career

Green: .117ws48, 3.0bpm, 18.3vorp
Demar: .113ws48, -0.5bpm, 9.0vorp

This Year

Green .108ws48, 3.2bpm, 3.4rpm
Demar: .128ws48, 1.5bpm, 1.6rpm

2x the player for 1/3 the price.

what a great fricken trade.

Kawhi was a nice throw-in, too.

Hate me for saying this but we play better w/o Kawhi BC of the ball movement, lowry is passing more (assists are uo), our depth is insane and nurse is better at rotations than Casey, he was a cheerleader, whereas Nurse is more observant on who matches up.

For me, the bucks are the only team that scares me. Gianni can take over a game and they have good shooters.

Reactions: trellaine201

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Hate me for saying this but we play better w/o Kawhi BC of the ball movement, lowry is passing more (assists are uo), our depth is insane and nurse is better at rotations than Casey, he was a cheerleader, whereas Nurse is more observant on who matches up.

For me, the bucks are the only team that scares me. Gianni can take over a game and they have good shooters.

Fear the Pacers

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Going into this game, I would have been content with a close game even if we lost.

On the second night of a back to back in their barn, against their best players, missing Kawhi and then losing JV...and we just dominated them from start to finish.

Unbelievable.

We're 7-1 w/o Kawhi. Speaks volume how good our depth is but nurse IMO is a more offensive minded coach with better tools to choose, adding Green is hugeeeeeee. He can guard anyone, shoot the ball and make tough shots. Lowry missing those shots last week, imagine DG making them.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
First time we played the Warriors, they didn't have Curry and Green so win wasn't legit

Wednesday, they didn't have Curry and Green again so not sure what's so impressive about these wins

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
First time we played the Warriors, they didn't have Curry and Green so win wasn't legit

Wednesday, they didn't have Curry and Green again so not sure what's so impressive about these wins

But they did have Curry and Green. We actually didn't have Kawhi and Valanciunas got hurt early in the game. So I'd say the win was pretty impressive.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Perfect target for this team is Justin Holiday

The Bulls are going to be trading his expiring contract at about 4.3 million (very affordable).

TS%: .571
PPG: 12.6
RPG: 4.4
APG: 2.4
SPG: 1.8
BPG: 0.5
VORP: 0.9
RPM: 0.19

He's hitting 2.9 3s a game at 39.4% and also 39% on catch and shoot. He's the perfect fit on this team taking the role of CJ Miles yet far better defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad