Raptors Discussion: v76| Season of Kawhi Pt II: All Kawhi, all the time...or most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Its whatever. He was injured a long time and if the team thinks it's best for him not to play the back to back then it's fine with me.

Yes. They goal is the Finals. It does not really matter how many wins they get in the regular season. 50, 55, 60, who cares? It's 100% about the playoffs this season.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I still can't believe Kawhi is a Raptor. I expected my hype to die down a bit but here we are.

Reactions: 780il

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This exact roster without Kawahi next year is still a playoff team. Not a high seed, mind you, but a playoff team nonetheless. Please tell me why I am wrong.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Lowry is playing at another level right now
OG and JV are having very strong games as well

Powell, FVV and Brown have been awful
In Brown's case, he's not even an NBA player and Powell is a fringe NBA player at this point

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wait, what just happened? I'm following on NBA.com so I can't see any actual game action. All I see is a bunch of technical fouls lol.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Wait, what just happened? I'm following on NBA.com so I can't see any actual game action. All I see is a bunch of technical fouls lol.

I believe there was a missed deflection call that went the Raps way which got Beal riled up, then Wall stumbled when slashing to the rim, with the ball then deflecting off him out of bounds which got Brooks extra hot, so he got ejected.

Reactions: Cloned

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Minus Kawhi, they are still better than the borderline playoff teams in the East.

I wouldn’t call the Wizards borderline. They’re in that second tier with the Bucks, Pacers, and Heat. Solid chance they’ll finish anywhere in the 4-7 seed range, but I’d consider them a definite playoff team (assuming good health).

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Kyle Lowry's impact on this team goes beyond Box Score Stats
You really need to look at his advanced stats to really grasp his impact on a game and even then, it doesn't truly paint the whole picture
Bottom line. He doesn't play for stats, he plays to win

Reactions: Max Money

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Raps were also committing far too many turnovers during the middle quarters and the Wiz never capitalized. The fact that the Raps controlled the lead without their superstar and another rotational piece is pretty impressive. Brooks kinda gave himself an excuse though by overplaying his bench in the second half (and they can’t compete with our bench to say the least.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Kyle Lowry's impact on this team goes beyond Box Score Stats
You really need to look at his advanced stats to really grasp his impact on a game and even then, it doesn't truly paint the whole picture
Bottom line. He doesn't play for stats, he plays to win

This is why when all the casual fans were losing their minds at DeRozan being traded I was OK. Because even though DeMar was the face of the team, the real beating heart of the roster has been Lowry for about 4 or 5 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->