Raptors Discussion: v76| Season of Kawhi Pt II: All Kawhi, all the time...or most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Games like last night ‘s is why I get tired of all Leafs all the time on sports radio. It could be 30 degrees outside on A Saturday evening and most red blooded people should rather be on a patio, pool deck or a dock not thinking hockey but sports radio opens the phone and the topic and it’s Leafs should trade package of garbage for an all star.

We have Lenard on the Raptors- steals the ball at the Raptors rim and dunks at the other and people want to talk about trading Nykander for slow footed thug

You're honestly better off seeking basketball discussion\content from other sources (i.e. Zach Lowe, Woj-pod, etc.).

Even if you're catching a Toronto based radio segment dedicated to the Raptors\NBA, it becomes abundantly clear within the first minute how little the host(s) know about basketball. Its alarming, yet comical.

Best for them to stick with what they know. which is ultimately bush league, tabloid-esque, hockey talk.

Maybe you should focus on the next 4th quarter that you watch and find out? But yes, he does communicate. I don’t know what other answer you were looking for.

There's so much to unpack in the comment. I think you answered it the most effective way possible. A like for your patience and service to the community.

Reactions: Eyedea

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
You're honestly better off seeking basketball discussion\content from other sources (i.e. Zach Lowe, Woj-pod, etc.).

Even if you're catching a Toronto based radio segment dedicated to the Raptors\NBA, it becomes abundantly clear within the first minute how little the host(s) know about basketball. Its alarming, yet comical.

Best for them to stick with what they know. which is ultimately bush league, tabloid-esque, hockey talk.
Agreed

I cannot pretend To be an expert but after watching the Raptors for a few years I have picked up a few things.

I think part of the problem with sports radio in this city - not universally true but more true when only Leafs all the time - is a lack of anything newsworthy to fill the time - a wee bit of basketball and baseball heck English soccer thrown in has a fighting chance of some red meat to bite into and chew on rather than Leafs pre game , post game and some gee whiz to fill the hours of nothing- reminds me of The Pink Floyd’s song Time taking away the moments that make up a dull day. . .”

Last edited:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Agreed

I cannot pretend To be an expert but after watching the Raptors for a few years I have picked up a few things.

I think part of the problem with sports radio in this city - not universally true but more true when only Leafs all the time - is a lack of anything newsworthy to fill the time - a wee bit of basketball and baseball heck English soccer thrown in has a fighting chance of some red meat to bite into and chew on rather than Leafs pre game , post game and some Jew whiz to fill the hours of nothing- reminds me of The Pink Floyd’s song Time taking away the moments that make up a dull day. . .”

I think the tide is slowly turning. I grew up watching basketball when Jordan was dominating, but slowly got disinterested once ISO ball became so relevant. It was boring and predictable. I always liked the college game. Over the past few years, I once again enjoy watching NBA (even more so than hockey). The game is much more exciting now, I guess it helps that my son likes to watch and play the game as well.

Reactions: AreBe

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
I think the tide is slowly turning. I grew up watching basketball when Jordan was dominating, but slowly got disinterested once ISO ball became so relevant. It was boring and predictable. I always liked the college game. Over the past few years, I once again enjoy watching NBA (even more so than hockey). The game is much more exciting now, I guess it helps that my son likes to watch and play the game as well.
Hockey has improved this year, but hockey became a lottery.
Hockey - until this year- was crowded out with 6' x 4' goalie pads.
Until this year, more or less, pretty passing lead to nothing and goals were scored from one foot out and rugby scrums pushed over the line.

The NBA' continuing problem is the Star System and the big market teams must win directive- come playoffs, you can punch a Raptors across the cheekbone, take the ball socre and get the and 1.

The horrible thing about the NBA is a No Market No ratings Canadian team must not advance- that is the horrible fact - but if the Raptors push their product abroad and become the international team and the interesting team, they can reverse the war from US network TV. Kawhai Does not hurt the cause!

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

As Bomani Jones says...beware of “prefer college basketball over NBA” guy. Lots of layers there too.

Reactions: AreBe and al secord

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie

There's so much to unpack in the comment. I think you answered it the most effective way possible. A like for your patience and service to the community.

I don't always agree with his takes but Bunkis knows basketball. Free Association is about as good a Raptors pod as you'll get, granted it's slim pickings. And surprisingly Primetime does cover the Raptors well

Reactions: AreBe

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
I don't always agree with his takes but Bunkis knows basketball. Free Association is about as good a Raptors pod as you'll get, granted it's slim pickings. And surprisingly Primetime does cover the Raptors well
Fan 590 seem to me to be much better at variety of sports than all hockey all the time

Reactions: Stylizer1

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
With another big loss yesterday, just felt like enjoying this fine case of schadenfreude at the hands of good ol' Morey before they become good again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad