Raptors Discussion: v76| Season of Kawhi Pt II: All Kawhi, all the time...or most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Remember when Lowry used to take it to the rim?

Good times.

I wouldn't want him attacking the rim with a guy like Allen sitting there in any non-playoff situation.

Bad shooting performance be damned, he still setup FVV for an easy game winner and Fred bricked it.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't want him attacking the rim with a guy like Allen sitting there in any non-playoff situation.

Bad shooting performance be damned, he still setup FVV for an easy game winner and Fred bricked it.
Fair enough, but Lowrys been trash since mid november. Not only does he not even bother driving, he's also terrified to shoot it. When he finally does, its a brick.

He needs to be way more aggressive.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well, that didn't take long.

Embiid: Role since Butler trade 'frustrates me'

not every Sixers player is pleased with his role.
Joel Embiid, who missed his first game of the season Friday due to rest, told reporters that he feels like his offense has taken a hit since the team acquired All-Star Jimmy Butler in the blockbuster trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves last month.
"I haven't been myself lately," Embiid told Philly.com. "I think it's mainly because of the way I've been used, which is I'm being used as a spacer, I guess, a stretch-5, which I'm only shooting [29] percent" from 3-point range.
"But it seems like the past couple games, like with the way I play, our setup, [coach Brett Brown] always has me starting on the perimeter ... and it just really frustrates me."

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Why does it seem every year we look for 3 pt shooters and never have a consistent one?

It feels like a decade of constant disappointment - CJ Miles is just the latest in a string of guys that were brought in as pure shooters, and then can't shoot any better than the rest of the team while having nothing else to their game.

It's weird that Kyle's shot is so off for so long this year. I still think he'll get it back - he had it for years.
FVV may turn out to have been a one-year wonder, but I remain optimistic about him too. Not sure why they've both gone so cold at the same time.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It feels like a decade of constant disappointment - CJ Miles is just the latest in a string of guys that were brought in as pure shooters, and then can't shoot any better than the rest of the team while having nothing else to their game.

It's weird that Kyle's shot is so off for so long this year. I still think he'll get it back - he had it for years.
FVV may turn out to have been a one-year wonder, but I remain optimistic about him too. Not sure why they've both gone so cold at the same time.

At least when Danny Green is cold, he brings other elements to the game that help you win

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Some potential targets for our bench

1) Bradley Beal (high priced but would absolutely be worth it if we don't have to trade anyone in our starting lineup)
2) Wesley Matthews (an expiring at 18 million; as consistent of a 3 point shooter as they come)
3) Marco Belinelli (struggling this season so cost may not be too high; signed for 2 years at 12 million last off-season)
4) PJ Tucker (unless everything unravels in Houston, not sure if he'd be made available but would be a great fit again)
5) Jeremy Lin (having a great season and on a reasonable contract; would be an upgrade on FVV)

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Some potential targets for our bench

1) Bradley Beal (high priced but would absolutely be worth it if we don't have to trade anyone in our starting lineup)
2) Wesley Matthews (an expiring at 18 million; as consistent of a 3 point shooter as they come)
3) Marco Belinelli (struggling this season so cost may not be too high; signed for 2 years at 12 million last off-season)
4) PJ Tucker (unless everything unravels in Houston, not sure if he'd be made available but would be a great fit again)
5) Jeremy Lin (having a great season and on a reasonable contract; would be an upgrade on FVV)
Wesley Matthew's would be a huge get for the Raptors.

I am not sure what the price would be. Raps will definitely have to move Delon +.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Every year seems to be the same for Kyle. Starts out hot and then an injury or something occurs and then he's just not the same the rest of the year. Goes on a run here and there.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Every year seems to be the same for Kyle. Starts out hot and then an injury or something occurs and then he's just not the same the rest of the year. Goes on a run here and there.

This hasn't been the case for him the previous two seasons (though the ankle injury obviously took him out for the majority of the 2nd half in 2017)

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
11-32 from 3.
Lets be honest, OG wasnt a steal, he dropped for a reason, and it wasnt just because "he was injured".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad