Raptors Discussion: v70| It's off-season time (pre-season vs LAC from Hawaii: Sun Oct 1 @ 10pm ET/7pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

outside shot (pun intended) he makes it because his skillset isn't something offered in the other camp invites/guaranteed deals/partial guarantees. But he also has the disadvantage of being a tried and failed NBAer vs other younger players battling for one of those last couple roster spots.

I wonder if this is with an eye on getting him on the 905 so there's some CanCon and a veteran leader/potential fan favorite on the roster.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Woj is reporting the knicks are close to a deal to send Melo to oklahoma. No idea what the return would be. The Thunder don't have a lot to trade. Also not convinced that Melo and Westbrook can coexist. But whatever, at least it's not Cleveland.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
OKC quietly built up their own big 3, I never expected that. Western Conference games are going to be fun to watch. It's going to be a playoff race compared to the East which is basically a waste land outside of the top 5 teams.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
OKC quietly built up their own big 3, I never expected that. Western Conference games are going to be fun to watch. It's going to be a playoff race compared to the East which is basically a waste land outside of the top 5 teams.

OKC won't last though. George's deal is expiring after this coming season, and Anthony has 2 years (1 year plus a second year that the team can buy out). They basically have 2017-18 to compete before it falls apart again and they're back to being Westbrook and little else.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
OKC won't last though. George's deal is expiring after this coming season, and Anthony has 2 years (1 year plus a second year that the team can buy out). They basically have 2017-18 to compete before it falls apart again and they're back to being Westbrook and little else.

If they could get the money, George might stay considering the team there. Even if its for another year or two. Depends obviously on the other talent going to LA.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think there is a way to beat the Cavs. You can do it with great depth and lots of 3s. I truly believe it can be done. They need to keep working and adding more depth to this team as the season goes along.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Aww, poor Matt/Leo/Jack don't get the trip to Hawaii to broadcast this game. :laugh:

I do get reminded how much I hate the Clippers' pbp guy. He always sounds like he's drunk. Every 3-pointer is punctuated by a slurry, sing-songy "biiiiiingo"

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Kinda surprised Powell signed. Little doubt he would gotten more in the offseason.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Uh, yeah? That's what Ross got two years ago. It's like the ~120th highest salary in the league. Guys like Dion Waiters and Austin Rivers make more money than him.

I know, my response was just about being in awe of NBA salaries. Nothing to do with Powell himself.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I know, my response was just about being in awe of NBA salaries. Nothing to do with Powell himself.

I never really understood why that was surprising. Hockey, and more specifically the NHL, is fish fry compared to the NBA (which is conversely fish fry compared to MLB/NFL). Hockey is just super niche because not a lot of youth are capable of experiencing the sport and/or build a fascination towards it.

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad