Raptors Discussion: v70| It's off-season time (pre-season vs LAC from Hawaii: Sun Oct 1 @ 10pm ET/7pm PT | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
It's what he does. He rarely engages, just posts story and twitter links.

Technically he's doing nothing wrong, so you just sort of have to get used to it. At least it's usually of some amount of use, and he has improved from where we started (spamming multiple variations on the same article, well after everyone's already been discussing it, etc)

hockeywiz is clearly a Russian bot. :sarcasm:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
hockeywiz is clearly a Russian bot. :sarcasm:
I am not a Russian bot. I am a normal human being. I have told you guys already that I suffer from social anxiety disorder. In my opinion, the best way for me to contribute to this forum in a constructive and meaningful manner is by posting useful and informative tweets as well as news articles. Why can't some of you guys just accept me for the way that I am?

Last edited:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I am not a Russian bot. I am a normal human being. I have told you guys already that I suffer from social anxiety disorder. In my opinion, the best way for me to contribute to this forum in a constructive and meaningful manner is by posting useful and informative tweets as well as news articles. Why can't some of you guys just accept me for the way that I am?

It was a joke.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga

Personally, I don't mind the Twitter/News posts. I find it adds some variety to the thread.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
He is a great scorer but he does not do much else, to be honest. Is he a good passer? No. Is he a good ball handler? No. Is he a good defender? No. Is he a good rebounder? No.

For a guard, he's actually a fairly good rebounder. Ranked 6th among qualified guards and guard/forwards last year in Reb/G.

In any case, there are not 35 better players in the NBA. Khris Middleton? :laugh:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Did anyone happen to hear Richard Peddie yesterday afternoon on Prime Time Sports discussing the Raptors and Vince Carter? Man, the more he talked, the more infuriating it was listening to him.

His disdain for Carter was evident, suggesting his on-court contributions weren't enough to earn him a banner from the team (did say though he should get one though if you combine if his off court contribution to the growth of basketball in Canada). McCown called him out on that. Peddie then went on to say he basically gave up the last couple of years and immediately turned it around when traded (I guess that's true?). Peddie's argument was based on the Maple Leaf model, not having the longevity with the team, generally 12 years, like Sittler and Keon did. Failing of course to realize someone like Gilmour was with the Leafs roughly the same amount of time Carter was with the Raptors.

Then they were talking about the trading of Carter by Rob Babcock, who he said was a mistake in hiring. He could have vetoed the trade for Carter, which he admitted ended up with nothing for the Raptors, but that would have meant he'd have had to fire Babcock immediately.

Peddie sounded completely delusional, blaming everyone but himself. He ruined both the Raptors and Maple Leafs with the hirings he made, yet none of that was on him.

Good riddance to that a-hole.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Did anyone happen to hear Richard Peddie yesterday afternoon on Prime Time Sports discussing the Raptors and Vince Carter? Man, the more he talked, the more infuriating it was listening to him.

His disdain for Carter was evident, suggesting his on-court contributions weren't enough to earn him a banner from the team (did say though he should get one though if you combine if his off court contribution to the growth of basketball in Canada). McCown called him out on that. Peddie then went on to say he basically gave up the last couple of years and immediately turned it around when traded (I guess that's true?). Peddie's argument was based on the Maple Leaf model, not having the longevity with the team, generally 12 years, like Sittler and Keon did. Failing of course to realize someone like Gilmour was with the Leafs roughly the same amount of time Carter was with the Raptors.

Then they were talking about the trading of Carter by Rob Babcock, who he said was a mistake in hiring. He could have vetoed the trade for Carter, which he admitted ended up with nothing for the Raptors, but that would have meant he'd have had to fire Babcock immediately.

Peddie sounded completely delusional, blaming everyone but himself. He ruined both the Raptors and Maple Leafs with the hirings he made, yet none of that was on him.

Peddie has a point. The worst thing you can ever do is pretty much quit on your team or not try. Look at the Mavericks they're a revolving door of bad basketball, not successful in the least. Then you see Dirk the epitome of being a professional, been banged up and still works hard when it allows him to. I understand time heals wounds but Vince still quit on his team and regardless of what you think of Peddie what Vince did is far worse. What did Peddie do? He hired bad people that's it. Vince was a quitter, yes he matured but he still quit.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Agreed. There was a little interview session with Carter a couple years ago, and you can tell that it was more that the management drove him away.
Carter was just treated terribly by the management at the time.
Peddie should just stop trying to sound like he was right. Its a good thing he is gone now.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Peddie has a point. The worst thing you can ever do is pretty much quit on your team or not try. Look at the Mavericks they're a revolving door of bad basketball, not successful in the least. Then you see Dirk the epitome of being a professional, been banged up and still works hard when it allows him to. I understand time heals wounds but Vince still quit on his team and regardless of what you think of Peddie what Vince did is far worse. What did Peddie do? He hired bad people that's it. Vince was a quitter, yes he matured but he still quit.

I still haven't forgiven Vince.

There is absolutely nothing worse in team sports than what Vince did. He straight up ****ing quit

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I never blame a player for bouncing from a mickey mouse organization that has no idea how to manage itself or its players. The Raptors have come a long way but lets not forget that this club earned the right to be called a joke prior to Masai

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

It's completely fine for fans to continue to feel how they do for how Vince exited the team. But the way Peddie was talking it was if he was diminishing his accomplishments as a Raptor, who is arguably the greatest Raptor of all time.

And I think there was more that Peddie did than just hiring bad people. The culture here was horrible and players couldn't wait to leave town. Players are certainly not looking to jump ship nowadays like they used to during his tenure.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
It's completely fine for fans to continue to feel how they do for how Vince exited the team. But the way Peddie was talking it was if he was diminishing his accomplishments as a Raptor, who is arguably the greatest Raptor of all time.

And I think there was more that Peddie did than just hiring bad people. The culture here was horrible and players couldn't wait to leave town. Players are certainly not looking to jump ship nowadays like they used to during his tenure.

You're letting Tannenbaum off the hook. He enabled a lot of those players and became buddy buddy with them.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Man, I know it's 2 years away and it's a complete dream... but the Raptors need to find a way to get that 1st overall pick in 2019 and draft Zion Williamson. Kid looks like the future face of the NBA. I know it's early and he's in a weaker high school division than Lebron and the others were, but his high school numbers so far are better and he's electric. Raptors need that new Vince/Tmac

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
After undergoing knee surgery in January, Anunoby (Toronto’s 23rd pick in June’s NBA draft) will miss training camp and the start of his rookie season. The Raptors don’t expect to have him back on the court until November, at the earliest, according to team sources, but look for him to play once he’s healthy and fully acclimated. He’s still very raw offensively, but they could use his size and versatility on the defensive end.

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-camp-question-are-the-kids-ready-to-step-up-1.859507

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Man, I know it's 2 years away and it's a complete dream... but the Raptors need to find a way to get that 1st overall pick in 2019 and draft Zion Williamson. Kid looks like the future face of the NBA. I know it's early and he's in a weaker high school division than Lebron and the others were, but his high school numbers so far are better and he's electric. Raptors need that new Vince/Tmac

Nah son. R.J. Barrett's the target.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
After undergoing knee surgery in January, Anunoby (Toronto’s 23rd pick in June’s NBA draft) will miss training camp and the start of his rookie season. The Raptors don’t expect to have him back on the court until November, at the earliest, according to team sources, but look for him to play once he’s healthy and fully acclimated. He’s still very raw offensively, but they could use his size and versatility on the defensive end.

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-camp-question-are-the-kids-ready-to-step-up-1.859507

No surprise there. Pretty sure I heard November was the timeline at the draft.

Super intriguing kid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad