Raptors Discussion: v68| Raptors acquire PF Ibaka for Ross, lesser of TOR/LAC 2017 1st round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
God, I love our team. I preferred Chandler, but Tucker is still solid.

Will he or Carroll be the starter?

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Nice move, kept our 1st and added a piece we needed. Tucker is a solid defender.

Lowry/Joseph/Wright
DD/Powell
Carroll/Tucker
Ibaka/Patterson
JV/Nogueira

Over the last two weeks, we've improved two key areas: added an impact PF, and got a solid wing defender.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Brad Stevens is such an elite coach so I'm thankful Bosotn didnt do anything lol

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
2 2nds? Score.

WiserNod.gif

So PJ Tucker eh

He's who i wanted based on skill + price.

He's a very solid defender who can play the 3 and some 4. Basically making him able to be what Carroll should've been without all his injuries. He's an acceptable 3-point shooter too. Not outstanding, but workable to space the floor a bit.

Pos|Starter|2nd Unit|Reserve 1|Reserve 2
C|Valanciunas|Nogueira|Poeltl|
PF|Ibaka|Patterson|Siakam|
SF|Tucker|Carroll|Caboclo*|
SG|DeRozan|Powell||
PG|Lowry|Wright|Joseph|VanVleet*
*scratch/d-league

MasaisGotThis.gif

I know that Joseph likely supplants Wright because Casey loves vets, but I feel like what we've seen out of both of them the last couple weeks should earn Wright a little more run. His size makes him a better defender, especially when you can pair him with Powell and they can switch off when there are size issues between the 1 and 2 (or even if Powell would be stuck guarding a 3). I'd also try and get Poeltl some minutes at the 4 as well, letting Ibaka play some 5 or teaming him with Bebe. I also figure that Carroll will probably not lose his starting spot because Casey likes good soldiers, but I'd rather put Tucker in the starting 5 and try and let Carroll work through his **** with softer reserve minutes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
most of you wanted Masai fired like a month ago. Funny how things work

I've seen people want Casey gone, but I've never seen people question Masai. Though, I haven't been as active in this thread this season

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Another very good deal by Masai. Talk about being a superman on trades. Get a wing player that we needed who is also solid defensively.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hopefuly Raptors can now actually win a series without labouring through it. It was painful watching last season them not be able to finish off Indiana and Miami on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad