Raptors Discussion: v68| Raptors acquire PF Ibaka for Ross, lesser of TOR/LAC 2017 1st round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Celtics talking to Denver regarding Gallinari. They want a first back. I'd be inclined to do that if I was the Raps, might need to make the salary work though. Still got a year after this one on his contract too.

I think I looked at gallinari and it would require sullinger, Joseph, and a small piece like siakam or Bruno. He's slightly more expensive, salary-wise, than Chandler.

Biggest issue is the pick. If Boston is so incline, in any deal they can offer up a pretty much guaranteed top 5 pick. Best the Raptors can do is like 24th+.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
"you see, im undefeated in ripping off GMs and i dont exactly want to make a move to tarnish that reputation" - Masai

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Nerlens Noel going to Dallas for Justin Anderson, Bogut, protected (1-18) first.

There is a chance the 76ers may move or look to buyout Bogut as part of this deal.

Bogut cannot sign with GSW, so CLE looks obvious if he wants to chase a title. Besides that I would offer him if I were the Raps. I've always liked his game, even if he does have injury issues

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
"you see, im undefeated in ripping off GMs and i dont exactly want to make a move to tarnish that reputation" - Masai

He seems like a guy who wouldn't like making moves during the 11th hour of trade deadline day.

Obviously, he could still make a move even though he would prefer not to do it in this situation.

Are there any SF's who are potential buyout candidates? That's probably where we'll look if Masai can't make a move.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I guess Masai wanted to keep the first rounder. Still 8 minutes left though

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There is a chance the 76ers may move or look to buyout Bogut as part of this deal.

Bogut cannot sign with GSW, so CLE looks obvious if he wants to chase a title. Besides that I would offer him if I were the Raps. I've always liked his game, even if he does have injury issues

I don't really think Bogut is all that interesting. Masai is constructing this team to be quick to get up and down the court. JV is already kind of already on the fringe of fitting that mold, adding Bogut would make the team even slower.

Also Woj just tweeted that the Pacers have closed up shop on Paul George and will not be trading him.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I guess Masai wanted to keep the first rounder. Still 8 minutes left though

I sort of agree with him, unless it's the right player, I would keep our 1st. Even though it's in the 20's, this is apparently the best draft in a while.

I would have had no problem moving any of: Sullinger, Joseph/Wright, or Siakam. They wouldn't get you much, though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I was thinking we'd maybe parlay CoJo into a SF, or Sullinger + pick.

Ibaka was a big move though, just deadline day greed from me haha

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA 6s7 seconds ago
More
The Phoenix Suns are trading PJ Tucker to the Toronto Raptors, league source tells @TheVertical.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Tyler Ennis from Hou to the Lakers as a tie-on deal to the Lou Williams deal. In return the Rockets get a contract they can buy out to free up roster and cap space.

Ennis' stock has fallen huge since the draft. I remember all the talk about people wanting the Raptors to trade up from their eventual pick (which was Bruno) for Ennis expecting that he could be Lowry's backup and eventual successor.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Lol OKC trades three third string players and get McBuckets and Gibson. I know Chicago is just clearing space but they went through a lot just to get McDermott and now they end up just tossing him aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad