Raptors Discussion: v68| Raptors acquire PF Ibaka for Ross, lesser of TOR/LAC 2017 1st round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3ADLY

Jan 8, 2009
Twitter @AgentDeadly
What has happened to the Raptors D? i know they were facing top 2 teams last 2 games but 250 points + given up in last 2 games is really bad. I hope we trade for Boogie by trade deadline because we lack the 3rd piece that will throw off other teams game. The only thing about the boogie trade is it might be only for 1 year and he might bolt on top of that we might lose Jonas Val as well but if somehow we can get Cousins to sign an extension before the trade it would be worth it with multiple 1st added to Val plus a roster player.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
No no no. You can't move the goal posts now. You said he should average 30 mins and 10-15 shots. He's averaging 29.1 and 9.5. He's right at the cusp of what you want.

Go back to the previous thread, I said he should average AT LEAST 30 mins a game and so far he's barely reaching it. And as I said 9.5 FGAs per game is MISLEADING when at least several of them per game is from put backs and him getting a rebound and making a shot attempt and NOT from the Raps actively running plays for him.

He averaged 21, 22, 34 and 18 from when he came back from the knee contusion. The first two after coming back and both sets also being back to backs, which could give us a bigger insight to why he might be getting his minutes restricted a bit.There's reason here that it could be precautionary measures and you'll see his minutes uptick higher as it progresses.

Before his injury he had 35, 31, 31, 31, 28. Which is pretty consistent and a 31.2 mpg average. If you want to keep on moving the goalposts though, you go ahead. But I know this doesn't fit your narrative.

As I said above and in the previous thread 30 mins a game should be a MINIMUM. Right now the fact that he's averaging even close to that is a minor miracle with Casey running things. Lets see how he's handled for the next 10-20 games and then comeback and revisit this minute discussion.

And as I said above as well, his usage while on the court is still CRIMINAL in how so few plays are run for him to try and get some easy points with his scoring talent.

What has happened to the Raptors D? i know they were facing top 2 teams last 2 games but 250 points + given up in last 2 games is really bad. I hope we trade for Boogie by trade deadline because we lack the 3rd piece that will throw off other teams game. The only thing about the boogie trade is it might be only for 1 year and he might bolt on top of that we might lose Jonas Val as well but if somehow we can get Cousins to sign an extension before the trade it would be worth it with multiple 1st added to Val plus a roster player.

I have to seriously ask is Cousins REALLY that good?? To me it seems like he's at least abit overrated by alot of people. I don't watch him much so maybe he plays great defense or something, but offensively his stats don't look all that great for someone who's suppose to be a legit star.

Even before he started shooting 3 pointers, he only averaged close to 50% from the field ONCE in his entire career. That's not very good for a big whose suppose to be a 'star' compared to JV's career WORST at 53% and in the last 3 seasons he's been averaging at around 56% from the field. So instead of trading for Cousins who is more offensively inefficient why not simply give JV the same number of shots that Cousins is currently averaging at 18 per game and see what he can do?

About the only good thing about trading for Cousins is that it will probably FORCE Casey and the Raps to pass more into the paint for a more balanced offense. JV seems like he's a nice guy who's a team player first and doesn't like to rock the boat which means even when he's getting shafted in minutes and not having plays run for him, he won't speak up about it much. If we got Cousins, I seriously doubt Casey and the Raps could ever ignore him the same way they do with JV and not have Cousins get pissed and speak up about it.

That will probably be the best thing about getting DC in that I won't have to get angry and frustrated almost every game watching the Raps continually not pass the ball inside to our bigs for easier shot attempts and points. I'd hate to see JV get traded, but its pretty damn clear that he'll never got a true opportunity to shine as long as he's a Raptor.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Go back to the previous thread, I said he should average AT LEAST 30 mins a game and so far he's barely reaching it. And as I said 9.5 FGAs per game is MISLEADING when at least several of them per game is from put backs and him getting a rebound and making a shot attempt and NOT from the Raps actively running plays for him.

As I said above and in the previous thread 30 mins a game should be a MINIMUM. Right now the fact that he's averaging even close to that is a minor miracle with Casey running things. Lets see how he's handled for the next 10-20 games and then comeback and revisit this minute discussion.

And as I said above as well, his usage while on the court is still CRIMINAL in how so few plays are run for him to try and get some easy points with his scoring talent.

RK PLAYER TEAM GP MIN MPG
1 Karl-Anthony Towns, C MIN 11 392 35.6
2 Marcin Gortat, C WSH 11 380 34.5
3 DeMarcus Cousins, C SAC 12 405 33.8
4 Marc Gasol, C MEM 10 330 33.0
5 Hassan Whiteside, C MIA 11 360 32.7
6 Steven Adams, C OKC 12 382 31.8
7 Rudy Gobert, C UTAH 13 398 30.6
8 DeAndre Jordan, C LAC 12 363 30.3
9 Andre Drummond, C DET 11 332 30.2
10 Dwight Howard, C ATL 10 283 28.3
11 Tristan Thompson, C CLE 11 308 28.0
12 Jonas Valanciunas, C TOR 9 251 27.9

There's really not that many centers getting much more than 30 mpg. Even Andre Drummond is only getting 30. The caps lock every 10 words doesn't make your point any better.

You take away the 18 minute game against Golden State and hes top 10 in the league in terms of minutes per game in the league. That's right about where he should be imo.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
torvsden-web-111816.png

Game Preview: Raptors @ Nuggets
Posted: Nov 18, 2016

http://www.nba.com/raptors/gameday-111816

Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com

The Raptors return to Toronto after dropping a close 121-117 decision to the Cleveland Cavaliers where the Golden State Warriors are waiting. The Warriors come to Toronto with an 8-2 record after defeating the Phoenix Suns 133-120on Sunday night. While Toronto was in Cleveland taking on the Cavaliers, the Warriors were arriving in Toronto and holding an evening practice session in advance of Wednesday's game.

Tip-off: 9:00 P.M. ET

Broadcast Info: TSN / TSN1050
TALKING POINTS

Keep calm, kick off a five-game trip

Although the Raptors were disappointed to drop two close contests against the Cavaliers and the Warriors, the team is in good spirits to kick off a five-game road trip. Fighting until the final buzzer helps erase some of the sting from the losses because everyone in the locker room knows they’ve given their all.

“We’re always going to play to our last moments, every game,†Kyle Lowry said. “It’s just another loss. It’s two in row now so we’ve got bounce back, try to run some games off and get some wins.â€

The season has already been in full-swing for three weeks, but DeMar DeRozan isn’t allowing anyone to look too far ahead.

“It’s still early,†he said. “It’s 10, 11 games [into the season]. It’s still early. This is the toughest back-to-back you can ever have. We were right in both games. Now we understand once you go on the road, our backs are against the wall and we like that pressure on the road. We’ll take care of business there.â€

Siakam learning game by game

With Jared Sullinger still rehabbing from foot surgery, rookie Pascal Siakam’s NBA career began with him in the starting lineup for the Raptors. Through 11 games — all starts — Siakam has earned praise from the coaching staff as well as his teammates for his effort and energy on a nightly basis. In Toronto’s 127-121 loss to the Warriors, Siakam played 30 minutes, scoring 10 points to go with nine rebounds and a steal. Despite the opponent and bright lights of a nationally televised game, Siakam went to work, just as he had the previous 10 games.

“I thought he competed,†Casey said. “I thought he brought us energy. We knew these two games were going to be tough, difficult. I thought his youthful enthusiasm, bouncing around, kept us going and got us bouncing.

“Really loved the way he played, what he brought to the table. I’m really excited for his future. He’s going to be an excellent player for us.â€

Siakam said he is learning as he goes, and that limiting his focus to the play that’s happening in front of him is what’s allowing him to get better game by game. Despite a solid start filling in for Sullinger, like DeRozan, he’s not getting ahead of himself.

“It’s a long process and it’s going to be a long process,†Siakam said. “I know that. I try not to think about this stuff and right now I feel a little more comfortable. There’s still a long way to go. I have to keep fighting. As long as I keep playing my game, play hard and keep learning about the game, how it is, the better for me.â€

Raptors focus turns to the defensive end of the floor

After topping 112 points in the previous five games, the Raptors are ready to lean in to their defensive roots. Despite Jared Sullinger being unavailable to start the season and starters Jonas Valanciunas and DeMarre Carroll both missing games, Toronto hasn’t had any trouble scoring the basketball. From DeMar DeRozan’s hot start to Terrence Ross providing a scoring spark off the bench, putting points on the board has come fairly easily for the Raptors. Getting stops is where Kyle Lowry wants to see improvement moving forward.

“Offence is really clicking right now, but our defence….we’ve got to play better defence,†Lowry said. “We played a high-paced team in Cleveland and Warriors, but we’ve got to find a way to get the points down under 100 points and play a more defensive-minded game.â€

Even after victories this season, Lowry and DeRozan have brought up the importance of the team’s commitment to defence. It’s clear Casey’s defensive-minded approach has rubbed off onto his backcourt, as the veterans use whatever opportunity they have to remind everyone that it is their defence that will determine how the season goes. Looking toward the road trip, Lowry wants to hear more talking on the floor.

“I think it just starts with communication,†he said. “Communication is where we’re breaking down right now. It’s not bad, but we’ve just got to communicate even more. Know what we’re going to do in all of our coverages in every situation.â€

Toronto Raptors at Denver Nuggets: Friday preview

Pascal Siakam vs. Kenneth Faried matchup worth watching at Denver's Pepsi Center.

By Doug SmithSports Reporter
Thu., Nov. 17, 2016

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapt...raptors-at-denver-nuggets-friday-preview.html

PEPSI CENTER

TIPOFF: 9 p.m.

TV: TSN

RADIO: TSN 1050

PROBABLE STARTERS

Toronto: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, DeMarre Carroll, Pascal Siakam, Jonas Valanciunas

Denver: Emmanuel Mudiay, Jameer Nelson, Danilo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, Jusuf Nurkic

KEY MATCHUP

Siakam vs. Faried

They aren’t the biggest names in this one, but the energy both expend getting up and down the floor and tracking rebounds is impressive. Faried comes in after piling up 20 points and 15 rebounds in a win over Phoenix.

NEED TO KNOW

The Nuggets are only 1-3 at home, surprising given their usual dominance in the thin air of Denver. . . . The Nuggets lost guard Gary Harris to a foot injury and signed journeyman Alonzo Gee this week. … Big man Nikola Jokic is out of the starting lineup in favour of Faried.

UP NEXT

Sunday at Sacramento, 9 p.m.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
There's really not that many centers getting much more than 30 mpg. Even Andre Drummond is only getting 30. The caps lock every 10 words doesn't make your point any better.

You take away the 18 minute game against Golden State and hes top 10 in the league in terms of minutes per game in the league. That's right about where he should be imo.

Disagree. Until JV proves he can't handle it, there's no reason why he shouldn't be utilized more often and more often CONSISTENTLY from game to game. Karl Anthony Towns is exactly how I wished the Raps would utilize JV. In every game but like two KAT has averaged well over 30 mins a game and even more importantly look at the amount of FGAs he's taken each and every game. There is absolutely no reason why JV couldn't have as many FGAs as KAT with his offensive skills and FT abilities.

What I hate about Casey is that Demar is his eternal golden boy and he's given him every single chance to succeed even when he's crapping the bed game after game. Doesn't matter how poorly he shoots, how crap his defense is or how selfish he plays, Casey ALWAYS gives him a pass and pretty much gives him unlimited opportunites to improve and be 'the man' on this team. And especially to start this season when Demar is shooting the lights out until recently, Casey has given him the green light to be an even BIGGER ball hog because hey he's doing well so lets keep feeding the beast!

With how Casey treats JV, its the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. Doesn't matter how well he does during the game or how hot a hand he has or how he's proven that he deserves a larger role on this team, Casey still treats him like a mediocre bench player where if he isn't playing well he gets the hook ASAP and hell even when he IS playing well he still often gets the hook. I can't imagine how if Casey treated JV the same way that he does with Demar that JV now wouldn't be at least a better Marc Gasol if not even higher than that.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Disagree. Until JV proves he can't handle it, there's no reason why he shouldn't be utilized more often and more often CONSISTENTLY from game to game. Karl Anthony Towns is exactly how I wished the Raps would utilize JV. In every game but like two KAT has averaged well over 30 mins a game and even more importantly look at the amount of FGAs he's taken each and every game. There is absolutely no reason why JV couldn't have as many FGAs as KAT with his offensive skills and FT abilities.

What I hate about Casey is that Demar is his eternal golden boy and he's given him every single chance to succeed even when he's crapping the bed game after game. Doesn't matter how poorly he shoots, how crap his defense is or how selfish he plays, Casey ALWAYS gives him a pass and pretty much gives him unlimited opportunites to improve and be 'the man' on this team. And especially to start this season when Demar is shooting the lights out until recently, Casey has given him the green light to be an even BIGGER ball hog because hey he's doing well so lets keep feeding the beast!

With how Casey treats JV, its the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. Doesn't matter how well he does during the game or how hot a hand he has or how he's proven that he deserves a larger role on this team, Casey still treats him like a mediocre bench player where if he isn't playing well he gets the hook ASAP and hell even when he IS playing well he still often gets the hook. I can't imagine how if Casey treated JV the same way that he does with Demar that JV now wouldn't be at least a better Marc Gasol if not even higher than that.

You're looking at the game only from the offensive perspective. JV, who I like a lot, cannot handle the high pick and roll on defence and he is targeted and exposed by teams that screen well and who have high scoring point guards (which is more common these days). Scoring isn't a problem for this team and outside of yesterday, which was really an anomaly of a situation with the tough back to back, Bebe has been a much more effective closer than JV has ever been. JV just isn't very mobile at all off the blocks and doesn't really fit into the scheme of things even though I think he is a tremendous player. This could all be different with a guy like Sullinger beside him who can still rebound and offer some protection inside behind him.

I do think our assist totals are troublesome but at the same time, guys who should be able to hit an open outside shot consistently can't seem to be able to. Everyone always seems so worried about the 4-5 but I feel the real need for this squad is outside shooting and more defensive length/size at the 3 spot (basically what Carroll should have been).

Last nights game was terrible but I'm not about to over analyse it. Lowry lost control of the offence in the 2nd and there were no legs on D. We knew that was going to happen before the game even started but I still think this team is 2nd best in the E and maybe would be 2nd or 3rd best in the W too. I'm okay with DD and Lowry doing their thing on O but if they can't get some help from outside than it's not their fault that defences can send 2 or 3 defenders at them and collapse hard in the lane.

D3ADLY

Jan 8, 2009
Twitter @AgentDeadly

I have to seriously ask is Cousins REALLY that good?? To me it seems like he's at least abit overrated by alot of people. I don't watch him much so maybe he plays great defense or something, but offensively his stats don't look all that great for someone who's suppose to be a legit star.

Even before he started shooting 3 pointers, he only averaged close to 50% from the field ONCE in his entire career. That's not very good for a big whose suppose to be a 'star' compared to JV's career WORST at 53% and in the last 3 seasons he's been averaging at around 56% from the field. So instead of trading for Cousins who is more offensively inefficient why not simply give JV the same number of shots that Cousins is currently averaging at 18 per game and see what he can do?

About the only good thing about trading for Cousins is that it will probably FORCE Casey and the Raps to pass more into the paint for a more balanced offense. JV seems like he's a nice guy who's a team player first and doesn't like to rock the boat which means even when he's getting shafted in minutes and not having plays run for him, he won't speak up about it much. If we got Cousins, I seriously doubt Casey and the Raps could ever ignore him the same way they do with JV and not have Cousins get pissed and speak up about it.

That will probably be the best thing about getting DC in that I won't have to get angry and frustrated almost every game watching the Raps continually not pass the ball inside to our bigs for easier shot attempts and points. I'd hate to see JV get traded, but its pretty damn clear that he'll never got a true opportunity to shine as long as he's a Raptor.

Cousins is really good he is def. a star. He has some problems on court and officiating goes against him most of the time otherwise he never has had support or privilege of playing with another star player. Whoever you have heard from about his star status in NBA is wayyy off or hate the guy. If there is an extension in place I would move a lot of high end pieces for him without a doubt. As good as Val is and I really like the guys presence down the middle I would trade him for boogie 10/10 times Boogie is a legit 20/10 guy at the very least every game.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
You're looking at the game only from the offensive perspective. JV, who I like a lot, cannot handle the high pick and roll on defence and he is targeted and exposed by teams that screen well and who have high scoring point guards (which is more common these days). Scoring isn't a problem for this team and outside of yesterday, which was really an anomaly of a situation with the tough back to back, Bebe has been a much more effective closer than JV has ever been. JV just isn't very mobile at all off the blocks and doesn't really fit into the scheme of things even though I think he is a tremendous player. This could all be different with a guy like Sullinger beside him who can still rebound and offer some protection inside behind him.

We keep talking about JV's defense and while its not elite DPOY level, its FAR from being horrible. I look at JV's defense as decent where obviously it could use some work, but its far from being a detriment to the team when he's on the floor when he can take up space in the paint, alter shots and grab rebounds and provide the occasional block. I don't know why people keep harping about him not being mobile enough as being a negative when with his size and strength it means its hard to push him around and bully him. If we need more mobility we have Bebe and now Poeltl as options. And also why not play him more and let him improve instead of simply saying 'He's not capable or is making mistakes and therefore we need to sit him'. How will he ever improve then? Why can't we let him make mistakes and learn from them and allow him to grow as a player??

As someone else pointed out before it seems like Casey is usually adjusting to how another team is playing rather than forcing them to adjust to us. Just because another team is using a more smaller and mobile lineup it doesn't mean that we can't continue to use JV and punish them in the paint when smaller players can't guard him or on defense can't push him out of the way. And lets not even talk about how UTTER GARBAGE Demar's defense has always been yet he's still always out there playing heavy minutes no matter what.

And also I disagree that scoring isn't a problem. Of course the Raps can put up points, but the problem has ALWAYS been putting up points EFFICIENTLY. Namely not letting Demar jack up 20 shots to score 20 pts, or letting guys like Patterson or Carroll continually taking shots when they're clearly not hitting them. With JV he's usually scoring at a VERY efficient percentage and hence it means you can put up more points with less shots which in turn means more points overall. So yes the Raps can score, but its ALWAYS been about doing so efficiently which JV can do and guys like Demar and Lowry and others have struggled with doing consistently.

I do think our assist totals are troublesome but at the same time, guys who should be able to hit an open outside shot consistently can't seem to be able to. Everyone always seems so worried about the 4-5 but I feel the real need for this squad is outside shooting and more defensive length/size at the 3 spot (basically what Carroll should have been).

And THAT'S THE PROBLEM with the Raps. We have bigs that can score efficiently in the paint yet Casey insists on allowing Demar, Lowry and others keep shooting no matter how many times they miss including MANY open shots instead of simply dumping it to JV or Siakam and having them take easier shots for easier points.

Cousins is really good he is def. a star. He has some problems on court and officiating goes against him most of the time otherwise he never has had support or privilege of playing with another star player. Whoever you have heard from about his star status in NBA is wayyy off or hate the guy. If there is an extension in place I would move a lot of high end pieces for him without a doubt. As good as Val is and I really like the guys presence down the middle I would trade him for boogie 10/10 times Boogie is a legit 20/10 guy at the very least every game.

Again maybe Cousin's defense is better, but its laughable to say we need a 20/10 guy in the middle when JV is ALREADY CAPABLE OF THAT if only Casey and the Raps weren't so DUMB AND SELFISH and utilized him more. As I said DC has NEVER shot 50% from the field for a season while JV has never shot worse than 53% from the field in his ENITRE NBA career so far. So we already have our 20/10 centre, its just that we choose not to use him enough for him to average that.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
We keep talking about JV's defense and while its not elite DPOY level, its FAR from being horrible. I look at JV's defense as decent where obviously it could use some work, but its far from being a detriment to the team when he's on the floor when he can take up space in the paint, alter shots and grab rebounds and provide the occasional block. I don't know why people keep harping about him not being mobile enough as being a negative when with his size and strength it means its hard to push him around and bully him. If we need more mobility we have Bebe and now Poeltl as options. And also why not play him more and let him improve instead of simply saying 'He's not capable or is making mistakes and therefore we need to sit him'. How will he ever improve then? Why can't we let him make mistakes and learn from them and allow him to grow as a player??

As someone else pointed out before it seems like Casey is usually adjusting to how another team is playing rather than forcing them to adjust to us. Just because another team is using a more smaller and mobile lineup it doesn't mean that we can't continue to use JV and punish them in the paint when smaller players can't guard him or on defense can't push him out of the way. And lets not even talk about how UTTER GARBAGE Demar's defense has always been yet he's still always out there playing heavy minutes no matter what.

And also I disagree that scoring isn't a problem. Of course the Raps can put up points, but the problem has ALWAYS been putting up points EFFICIENTLY. Namely not letting Demar jack up 20 shots to score 20 pts, or letting guys like Patterson or Carroll continually taking shots when they're clearly not hitting them. With JV he's usually scoring at a VERY efficient percentage and hence it means you can put up more points with less shots which in turn means more points overall. So yes the Raps can score, but its ALWAYS been about doing so efficiently which JV can do and guys like Demar and Lowry and others have struggled with doing consistently.

And THAT'S THE PROBLEM with the Raps. We have bigs that can score efficiently in the paint yet Casey insists on allowing Demar, Lowry and others keep shooting no matter how many times they miss including MANY open shots instead of simply dumping it to JV or Siakam and having them take easier shots for easier points.

Again maybe Cousin's defense is better, but its laughable to say we need a 20/10 guy in the middle when JV is ALREADY CAPABLE OF THAT if only Casey and the Raps weren't so DUMB AND SELFISH and utilized him more. As I said DC has NEVER shot 50% from the field for a season while JV has never shot worse than 53% from the field in his ENITRE NBA career so far. So we already have our 20/10 centre, its just that we choose not to use him enough for him to average that.

Cousins helps this offence more than JV easily. JV doesn't relly have any range so he can't sit out at the 3 point line cause who will guard him out there? Cousins can and that'll force his man to get away from the paint and that opens it up for a slasher like DeRozan who relies on crashing the basket. Would help Lowry too. JV is good but he's not on Cousins level.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
As good as Derozan's numbers are, this team only plays well when Lowry is on the court. Having to play him way too many minutes again this year because we suck without him.

Joesph is horrible at running a team. When Wright comes back, I would look at trading him.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Oh look the game against Denver is going exactly like clockwork. 1st quarter, both Siakam and JV get alot of touches and they score easy points and they build a nice lead. Near the end of the 1st and the ENTIRE 2nd quarter Siakam gets like one touch and JV nothing and the Raps become a jump shooting team and blow their lead and are now down by 5.

THIS is what I mean about how DUMB Casey and Raps are in that they ALWAYS go away from what works, namely getting our bigs involved and scoring. Even Jack and Leo keep commenting on how our bigs don't get enough love.

Cousins helps this offence more than JV easily. JV doesn't relly have any range so he can't sit out at the 3 point line cause who will guard him out there? Cousins can and that'll force his man to get away from the paint and that opens it up for a slasher like DeRozan who relies on crashing the basket. Would help Lowry too. JV is good but he's not on Cousins level.

I know its the current fad in the NBA to have bigs shoot 3s, but WE DON'T NEED JV to be that kind of big. He can hit midrange jumpers, he can score in the paint and he can hit FTs and he can do all that efficiently and that's ALL we need from him offensively. I really wish everyone thinking a big is offensively limited because he can't hit a 3 ball would DIE OUT ALREADY.

The very fact that you pass the ball to JV and have him be a scoring threat inside is enough to open the floor for our other players and JV isn't a blackhole and he can pass it back out if he needs to. Everything you say Cousins can do to help the Raps offensively, JV can do already and at higher efficiency. Again give JV the same amount of shots that Cousins gets every game and JV will be your 20/10 guy EASY.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Oh look the game against Denver is going exactly like clockwork. 1st quarter, both Siakam and JV get alot of touches and they score easy points and they build a nice lead. Near the end of the 1st and the ENTIRE 2nd quarter Siakam gets like one touch and JV nothing and the Raps become a jump shooting team and blow their lead and are now down by 5.

THIS is what I mean about how DUMB Casey and Raps are in that they ALWAYS go away from what works, namely getting our bigs involved and scoring. Even Jack and Leo keep commenting on how our bigs don't get enough love.

I know its the current fad in the NBA to have bigs shoot 3s, but WE DON'T NEED JV to be that kind of big. He can hit midrange jumpers, he can score in the paint and he can hit FTs and he can do all that efficiently and that's ALL we need from him offensively. I really wish everyone thinking a big is offensively limited because he can't hit a 3 ball would DIE OUT ALREADY.

The very fact that you pass the ball to JV and have him be a scoring threat inside is enough to open the floor for our other players and JV isn't a blackhole and he can pass it back out if he needs to. Everything you say Cousins can do to help the Raps offensively, JV can do already and at higher efficiency. Again give JV the same amount of shots that Cousins gets every game and JV will be your 20/10 guy EASY.

I'm not saying we need Cousins cause he can shoot 3's. I'm just saying since he can shoot 3's other teams big men are gonna be forced to cover him out at the 3 line which should open the paint for DeRozan and Lowry more to attack. If DeRozan was a 3 point threat and could shoot them more then I'd be fine with JV,but he's not. JV is a beast in the paint but he doesn't fit this offence because we don't rely on 3's because we don't really have many 3 point shooters who can hit them consistently. Cousins fits this offence better because he can dominate the paint too and help open up the paint more for DeRozan and Lowry. I hope I made that clearer than my first response.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I hope they show the Faried "block" on Demar split screen with that "foul" on 2Pat. The refs let them play physical at the rim early but now the whistle is a lot more trigger happy.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
So in a defensive situation, Casey puts Ross on the bench while DeMar stays on the court.

Brilliant Casey, brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad