Raptors Discussion: v45|#WeTheNorth|BRUUUUUUUNOOOOOO!!!!!! (avatars=post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Amir's ankles have pretty much told him to stop going after rebounds. It's a shame too.

I'd still target John Henson or even bring back Ed Davis for the 4 by the deadline. Then go after a premier big in the offseason. There looks to be a lot of good options in the offseason.

Whats the point? Neither is going to take either Amir or PatPat's spot. I can see bringing in someone for depth but I wouldn't go offering too much at depth guys.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Amir's ankles have pretty much told him to stop going after rebounds. It's a shame too.

I'd still target John Henson or even bring back Ed Davis for the 4 by the deadline. Then go after a premier big in the offseason. There looks to be a lot of good options in the offseason.

John Henson won't be that easy to get, he's got starter's upside though he is buried on a deep Bucks team.

He would be an excellent piece on the bench to give us great shot blocking ability.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Whats the point? Neither is going to take either Amir or PatPat's spot. I can see bringing in someone for depth but I wouldn't go offering too much at depth guys.

John Henson provides way better interior defence than either of them. ED has the athleticism to be a double double guy and has been very effective in backup minutes for the Lakers this year. Both would clearly be a step above Amir and Pat defensively and provide solid rim protection and rebounding ability.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
John Henson provides way better interior defence than either of them. ED has the athleticism to be a double double guy and has been very effective in backup minutes for the Lakers this year. Both would clearly be a step above Amir and Pat defensively and provide solid rim protection and rebounding ability.

Neither Henson/Davis are starting over Amir (and they absolutely shouldn't be starting on a contender if we're trading Amir).

If we're trying to improve interior defense off the bench makes a lot more sense to get a true 5 so we can keep PPat as a stretch option off the bench.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
:laugh::laugh: I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed he looks exactly like the guy from Captain Phillips!

Lou "Irish" Williams

12681611.jpg

barkhad-abdi-is-broke-captain-phillips-oscar-nominee-reveals-money-issues.jpg

:laugh:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Neither Henson/Davis are starting over Amir (and they absolutely shouldn't be starting on a contender if we're trading Amir).

If we're trying to improve interior defense off the bench makes a lot more sense to get a true 5 so we can keep PPat as a stretch option off the bench.

Henson plays centre.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Thought this was kind of interesting. That beatdown we gave the Bucks 124-83 has been changed to 124-82.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/11/22/bucks-raptors-scoring-error.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

John Henson was credited with a 3 pointer, when it was actually a 2. I don't think I've seen the NBA do this before. Especially give credit to the Raps.
If it was the other way around and Milwaukee had won by 1 point, I wonder if the NBA would have still changed it? I guess since that was a blow out win for the Raptors it doesn't matter, still is this a precedent they want to have for closer games in the future?

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand

Neither of them would take take a spot from either Patterson or Amir. It would probably cost much more then their worth to the team to get either via trade and if you're going to start trading picks etc for these kind of players you may as well start thinking bigger because there will probably be some decent names on the market leading up to the deadline.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Neither of them would take take a spot from either Patterson or Amir. It would probably cost much more then their worth to the team to get either via trade and if you're going to start trading picks etc for these kind of players you may as well start thinking bigger because there will probably be some decent names on the market leading up to the deadline.

Just because they can play the 4 does not mean I expect them to take either of their spots (though I would suggest they provide a lot more value than some here believe). Their rim protection and rebounding alone makes them a more suitable backup to JV than Hansbrough or Hayes or Stiemsma or Amir at the 5. If anything they would eat into both of Amir and Pat's minutes too because they are reliable on both boards and can get those putbacks and tip ins. I thought that was the entire point of acquisition.

And I clearly said I would make a run at a premier name in the offseason. I don't expect any of the notables to be dealt by the deadline.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Before we talk about who we want in the off-season, let's see if we win the title this year. Maybe we just want to keep this bunch together. :D

Stranger things have happened. :nod:

Scion

May 25, 2012
Reading this forum it's pretty clear that Amir Johnson's defense is underrated....

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Top ten screen defender in the league for sure

I mean he has definitely been a bit wonky this year due to his ankles - hopefully he doesn't completely wear down.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Reading this forum it's pretty clear that Amir Johnson's defense is underrated....

It is pretty clear that his ankles are becoming a bigger issue than they once were. His defense is still valuable but he hasn't provided as much offensive boards compared to previous years. Since last season he has made an effort to improve his perimeter shooting and it kinda costs the team some second chance points. On the bright side he is somehow better than DeRozan at shooting 3s now.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
It is pretty clear that his ankles are becoming a bigger issue than they once were. His defense is still valuable but he hasn't provided as much offensive boards compared to previous years. Since last season he has made an effort to improve his perimeter shooting and it kinda costs the team some second chance points. On the bright side he is somehow better than DeRozan at shooting 3s now.

I remember him losing a 3 point competition to some musician guy on OTR :laugh:

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Adding LMA would be crazy, but I wonder how he'd fit with the team's current chemistery.

Also he's said some pretty bold stuff on how badly he wants to be a blazer for life.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
vasquez_bledsoe.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Raptor Greivis Vasquez passes around Eric Bledsoe of the Suns when the teams met in March.

By: Doug Smith Sports Reporter, Published on Sun Nov 23 2014

PHOENIX at TORONTO

AIR CANADA CENTRE

TIPOFF: 7:30 p.m.

Phoenix at Toronto

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/preview/NBA_20141124_PHO@TOR/suns-raptors-preview

Phoenix seeks its first five-game road win streak since Feb. 7-28, 2011. The Suns are 4-1 on this six-game trip after winning 122-96 over Philadelphia on Friday and 106-83 over Indiana the next night. ”We’re getting a little bit of a rhythm,” coach Jeff Hornacek said. ”It’s something about being on the road. These guys have come together and everybody is contributing.” The Raptors are averaging an East-leading 106.9 points and the Suns are not far behind at 105.3. Toronto has five players averaging at least 10 points and Phoenix has six, with its bench averaging a league-best 46.5 points. Both teams got big lifts from a reserve in their Saturday wins. Gerald Green scored a game-high 23, raising his average to 14.2 to rank among the leader leaders among reserves.

TV: TSN2 RADIO: Sportsnet 590 The FAN

WEB: Join the Star’s Doug Smith for an in-game blog beginning at 7:30 p.m. at thestar.com.

PROBABLE STARTERS

Phoenix: Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic, Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, Miles Plumlee

Toronto: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Terrence Ross, Amir Johnson, Jonas Valanciunas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad