Raptors Discussion: v45|#WeTheNorth|BRUUUUUUUNOOOOOO!!!!!! (avatars=post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The west has some pretty elite teams too you know
I won't disagree about that fact. However going into the season I don't think anyone expected the Raptors to be where they are in the Eastern Conference standings at this point. Plus it was the first time in 16 games when they beat a team that LeBron James played on and they won tonight on the road. If this was any other NBA team playing in the Eastern Conference I guarantee you that ESPN would give them more coverage.

Also here is an example at how ESPN has ignored the Raptors in the past. Last season when they played their first game after trading Rudy Gay they were playing the Lakers in Los Angeles in what was Kobe Bryant's first game of the season. The Raptors won the game 106-94, however ESPN only bothered to show Kobe's highlights and not mention one thing about the Raptors. I know that because I was in Valdosta, Georgia and saw it for myself.

Bluejaysfan*

Lebron's probably thinking that he should opt out of Cleveland and join the Raps...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
lol ESPN finally has a game recap up. I was going to write an annoyed rant about them choosing Waiters for their game MVP until I realized that everything about this recap aside from the recap writeup itself is actually from a game from last season (in March). :laugh:

good going ESPN.

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Love the fans that go on the road- much like the Leaf fans that travel as well. Difference is the ones in the ACC for the Raptors are the same.

This is a special team. I don't remember a squad in the last 20 years that was able to put their foot on your throat and not let you up. Big comebacks as well- they just don't get rattled. That Brooklyn loss is going to go a long way this year in the playoffs. I really believe we can win the east.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Hate working Saturday's and Sunday's when the Raptors play.

Seems like I missed a helluva game by Lou! :(

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
This team is actually unbelievable when it comes to work ethic, determination and sticking to their game.

Whether it's down ~ 20 early to Lebron on the road or up 20 on the bucks they keep moving forward and don't waiver from their game.

It's awesome to watch

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
10686635_10152495187267616_5423942458694883175_n.jpg

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Shoutout to Kyrie. Only guy in the postgame interviews to actually bring up the fact that Toronto is 1st in the east and actually a good team. Everybody else brought up reasons why they lost, he actually mentioned how the raps won.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Shoutout to Kyrie. Only guy in the postgame interviews to actually bring up the fact that Toronto is 1st in the east and actually a good team. Everybody else brought up reasons why they lost, he actually mentioned how the raps won.
It's about time that others in the NBA are finally recognizing it and admitting it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

He's also the guy that said his shoot-first/pass-if-I-feel-like-it mentality wasn't an issue and he's not going to change his game just because others on the team might not like it.

So maybe his willingness to say the Raptors are a good team has as much to do with the fact that he doesn't like finding fault in himself as it does actually being respectful to the opposition. :dunno:

91Kadri91*

Dion Waiters said they have the best backcourt in the NBA.. really backed his words up lol. DD + Lowry are a badass guard duo.

The best backcourt in the league, to this point in the season, has (easily) been Curry/Thompson.

If Thompson's current production is the result of progression, and not a hot streak, then it'll be hard to usurp that duo over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad