Raptors Discussion: v45|#WeTheNorth|BRUUUUUUUNOOOOOO!!!!!! (avatars=post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He's also the guy that said his shoot-first/pass-if-I-feel-like-it mentality wasn't an issue and he's not going to change his game just because others on the team might not like it.

So maybe his willingness to say the Raptors are a good team has as much to do with the fact that he doesn't like finding fault in himself as it does actually being respectful to the opposition. :dunno:

He has been shooting really well though so I wouldn't think of it as a problem either. The ball still goes through Lebron and he is used as the primary playmaker. The two reasons why they lose is because of their defence and their bench. Two things that they need to correct in order to find success.

In other news Sweet Lou is 2nd in PER at SG. His TS% rose significantly from that last game.

Karlsson2Turris*

Great to see the raptors playing this well. To all those who follow the raptors closely, is there a chance they make the Finals this year?

Bluejaysfan*

Great to see the raptors playing this well. To all those who follow the raptors closely, is there a chance they make the Finals this year?

It depends on matchups tbh. I think they'll finish top 2 in the conference with Chicago. The only team that I worried about is a fully healthy Chicago. No matter how well the Cavs mesh, our bench will absolutely obliterate theirs and in the playoffs, depth is key. The Raptors best bet to reach the finals is hoping that either the Cavs or Wizards knock off the Bulls (both of those teams match up well with the Bulls) and then the Raptors finish off the victor because the Raptors match up great with the Wizards and we just saw what they did to the Cavs. I'd rather see a San Antonio type of ascent and consistency long-term with this club, they share a similar philosophy and style of play.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I think if the Raptors can bolster their front court with a top tier PF at the trade deadline I can see them going far. That seems to be their weak position.

Raptors have a very deep team overall but their front court is their weakness and teams like Chicago or Atlanta would feast on them.

Amir is nice and all but he's always hurt and is not the best post defender or rebounder. Jonas is still young and guys like Marc/Pau Gasol, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Unibrow would eat him alive.

I was hoping Raps could try and get LaMarcus Aldridge in the 2015 off-season or in a sign and trade (cause he can get more max from Portland) at the T/D.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I loved them turning up the music in the game last night to try and drown out the lets go raptors chants

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
I think if the Raptors can bolster their front court with a top tier PF at the trade deadline I can see them going far. That seems to be their weak position.

Raptors have a very deep team overall but their front court is their weakness and teams like Chicago or Atlanta would feast on them.

Amir is nice and all but he's always hurt and is not the best post defender or rebounder. Jonas is still young and guys like Marc/Pau Gasol, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Unibrow would eat him alive.

I was hoping Raps could try and get LaMarcus Aldridge in the 2015 off-season or in a sign and trade (cause he can get more max from Portland) at the T/D.

I agree Amir Johnson is a dent on this team if they break through that dent most teams can defeat us. I would be happy if we could get a good PF and trade Amir for picks or something.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
I don't personally see this team going too far with DD as one of their main go to guys. He takes too many dumb shots, and I don't know if I ever trust him in the playoffs. I also think they need to upgrade the PF position. AJ would be more ideal on the bench.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
We'll still get killed on the boards in the playoffs. I don't see us going to the Eastern Final let alone the NBA final unless we drastically improve our rebounding.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
I don't personally see this team going too far with DD as one of their main go to guys. He takes too many dumb shots, and I don't know if I ever trust him in the playoffs. I also think they need to upgrade the PF position. AJ would be more ideal on the bench.

Man DeRozan is a go to guy but he is not the only go to guy on this team. I say Lowry is more of a go to guy then DeRozan. On a good note even if DD doesn't bring offense he plays a pretty good defense, like last night when he completely shut down LJ. That says it all, but if we ever have to contend real hard we need an upgrade over AJ and T Ross.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Man DeRozan is a go to guy but he is not the only go to guy on this team. I say Lowry is more of a go to guy then DeRozan. On a good note even if DD doesn't bring offense he plays a pretty good defense, like last night when he completely shut down LJ. That says it all, but if we ever have to contend real hard we need an upgrade over AJ and T Ross.

Millsap or LMA would be huge this offseason.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Raps are 53-24 since "the trade"

Worked out well for the Kings too, Rudy Gay has been fantastic playing with Cousins.

It seems crazy to think we almost traded Lowry too after the Gay trade since it was expected the team would have gone in the tank but better spacing, chemistry and depth has helped the team quite a bit.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Lowry was traded and Dolan blocked it since his external advisor people told him to stop trading first round picks lol

So in a way Masai's total ripoff of a trade saved him from making one of his own

Shwaguy*

Guys, no, we can't trade Amir, he's our heart and soul, I agree we may want to upgrade for a rim protecting presence down low, but our team is like a family and we need to keep him to stay that way. He's our Haslem (but better). Look at when Indy when they traded Granger.

He's also our best/most important defensive player along with JJ

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Guys, no, we can't trade Amir, he's our heart and soul, I agree we may want to upgrade for a rim protecting presence down low, but our team is like a family and we need to keep him to stay that way. He's our Haslem (but better). Look at when Indy when they traded Granger.

I like Amir as much as the next guy, but his unwillingness to get his problems taken care of year after year tend to make him frustrating. He's a good player but one that could be replaced easily by a legit starting PF like a Milsap.

There are some legit free agents next year:
Jeff Green: I realy like Jeff he would look great in a Raptors uniform also.

Al Jefferson: Would be legit as they come and could play all his minutes at PF where he belongs.

Arron Afflalo: Affalo same as Green, guy is a great player who flys under the raidar.

Greg Monroe: I would love to get Monroe in Toronto, him and JV would be a solid combination though I think Greg is going to want to play full time center and I am not sure if Val is suited to drop down the the PF spot.

Marreese Speights: Speights would be extremely solid coming off the bench.

Roy Hibbert: Hibbert is Hibbert, massive body that can be elite defensivly if he plays with in his means.

Omer Asik: This could be a solid move by the raps and one that could quite possibly happen imo. of all the big men on the market Asik strikes me as a guy Toronto would go after.

Samuel Dalembert: could be a good option off the bench that could give the team more depth and a legit backup center.

Goran Dragic: Dragic is probably the most likely sun that will be gone, I think he would be amazing in Toronto and a solid option if Lou decides to leave.

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Goran Dragic: Dragic is probably the most likely sun that will be gone, I think he would be amazing in Toronto and a solid option if Lou decides to leave.

Doesn't make sense for Toronto or Dragic. Raptors would have to trade Lowry. No, Dragic and Lowry can't start together. Houston had both of them and Lowry hated not getting enough minutes. And now that he's become a star player, Dragic is going to want a lot of playing time too.

Raptors need a legit pf/c, to be title contenders.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Doesn't make sense for Toronto or Dragic. Raptors would have to trade Lowry. No, Dragic and Lowry can't start together. Houston had both of them and Lowry hated not getting enough minutes. And now that he's become a star player, Dragic is going to want a lot of playing time too.

Raptors need a legit pf/c, to be title contenders.

Drogic plays mostly SG now. You could move Demar to SF and Ross to the bench to take Lous spot. if and when he bolts next season.

Lowry
Drogic
Demar
FA
JV

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Lowry
DeRozan
Ross
LMA
Valanciunas

That team would be nasty. We prolly dont have a great shot at KD, but Aldridge would be a really great fit.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Agree he is a heart and soul guy but who do you suggest goes? 2Pat is solid coming off the bench, and Hansbrough and Stiemsma are not starters in this league. Amir expires this off season and is a 7 mill cap hit. Pretty good money to throw towards someone better. Pretty good contract to move. I think you overrate these "glue guys," value. Indiana was doing fine without Granger. They aren't good this year cause they don't have their superstar (Paul George) and one of their other key cogs now plays in Charlotte.

Amir may be a warrior but he's not the same player and he's a liability on defense and in terms of durability.

Last edited:

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Agree he is a heart and soul guy but who do you suggest goes? 2Pat is solid coming off the bench, and Hansbrough and Stiemsma are not starters in this league. Amir expires this off season and is a 7 mill cap hit. Pretty good money to throw towards someone better. Pretty good contract to move. I think you overrate these "glue guys," value. Indiana was doing fine without Granger. They aren't good this year cause they don't have their superstar (Paul George) and one of their other key cogs now plays in Charlotte.

Amir may be a warrior but he's not the same player and he's a liability on defense and in terms of durability.

I agree with most of what you say but Amir plays hard at both ends. He's not a liability on defense. He may not be a defensive player of the year type player but he's not a Bargs type player either.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Amir's ankles have pretty much told him to stop going after rebounds. It's a shame too.

I'd still target John Henson or even bring back Ed Davis for the 4 by the deadline. Then go after a premier big in the offseason. There looks to be a lot of good options in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad