Raptors Discussion: v45|#WeTheNorth|BRUUUUUUUNOOOOOO!!!!!! (avatars=post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'm not sure what the numbers are - and I understand the NFL is huge... but weird they would have an NFL game over a hometown NBA game when their playing this well.

It's really frustrating this year how many games are being shown on TSN2. I swear I tried to watch a Raptors game a few weeks ago that was shafted to TSN2 for College Football. How many Canadians are actually watching American College Football over the Raptors? You would think with TSN losing the NHL they would put some more focus on the one Canadian basketball team that is surging in popularity across the country.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
It's really frustrating this year how many games are being shown on TSN2. I swear I tried to watch a Raptors game a few weeks ago that was shafted to TSN2 for College Football. How many Canadians are actually watching American College Football over the Raptors? You would think with TSN losing the NHL they would put some more focus on the one Canadian basketball team that is surging in popularity across the country.

I thought they push Leafs and Raptors games to TSN 2-4 to force people to get the extra channels.

Nov 6, 2007

TSN is trying to put more emphasis on the Raps of late - showing them first on Sportscentre, pregame show once in a while, postgame analysis.

But the fact is Raps get 200k - 250k viewers a game. Not even close the NHL, NFL, or hell, even CFL numbers.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
TSN is trying to put more emphasis on the Raps of late - showing them first on Sportscentre, pregame show once in a while, postgame analysis.

But the fact is Raps get 200k - 250k viewers a game. Not even close the NHL, NFL, or hell, even CFL numbers.

Yikes I had no idea how low their viewership was. I knew it was behind the other leagues but that is pretty bad. Still, American College Football on TSN1 over the Raptors? Hopefully once the CFL wraps up they can devote some more shows to the Raps. I'm in BC but born in Ottawa so I was a Raptors fan from the start but many ex-Grizzlies fans over here are finally starting to come around after boycotting the NBA entirely. If TSN is smart they will milk the hell out of the Raptors while they are doing so well.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
There ratings have steadily increased though. They've moved up several spots lately in the ratings. But ya it's pretty bad that Nascar beats out Hoops. I could understand that in the south but in Canada?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
A big part stems from TSN not on the rogers basic package anymore. Because of that I can't watch games (on tv) and have no idea when they're playing either. (just from casual updates browsing sports channels)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I don't know who's been our worst player in the rotation this year, but it is definitely either Vasquez or Hansbrough. I'd honestly lean towards Vasquez.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
We don't play small ball overly well and the Suns love to run the floor. Controlling the pace and focusing on half court ball favours us. Their interior D isn't the best so it would be great if we could establish JV early on, and also crash the net looking for offensive boards (gotta be careful to not let them out in transition though). 2Pat is going to be key off the bench when we go to a small ball lineup. I really wouldn't expect to see Chuck Hayes at all tonight.

Clearly you underestimate Dwane Casey. :sarcasm:

Guess who's in the game! :laugh:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Too much guard play right now, I'd like to see them get JV a couple looks down low. Although that can't happen if he's off the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad