Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I sugested we get him at 40 % retained.....get rid of Gryz money...Its a wash......He sure looked good on the Keep and taking it down the boards for the assist on the Game Winner today.......Nah..We cant use him.
He’s trending downwards. Have we not learned anything from the Backes debacle? Chasing high paid over 30 former all stars who are in decline is bad business

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zboril & Lauzon and even Clifton has made me rethink trading for defense

With health they are in excellent shape

I go after Palmeiri but it’s the Johansson package no first round pick and no legit prospects

if they balk I pass and insert Senyshyn who should be in next game

off season is when I move for top
6 forward hopefully exploiting 70% of the league and 90% of good teams in Cap hell

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

I go after Palmeiri but it’s the Johansson package no fires no legit prospects

6 forward hopefully exploiting 70% of the league and 90% of good teams in Cap hell
They need help now tho.
The top line deserves Sweeney to pull out all the stops in order to bring help for a cup run.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They need help now tho.
The top line deserves Sweeney to put in all the stops in order to bring help for a cup run.
Nope

bending over is stupid

It’s that mentality that ruined the late 80’s Flyers for years trading for Ken Wreggert

if the trade is good you do it if bad long term no f***ing way

Bruins posters on HF OVERWHELMINGLY wanted to deal Marrchand AND a first rounder in 2010 for Chris Drury

Bruins HF posters summer of 2016 lateJune (you can find around days of Hall - Larsson trade) were all for CARLO & PASTRNAK for TROUBA or McAvoy + for Trouba and of course pay Trouba

Many of the same folks that put these out there and I won’t embarrass them are the ones screaming at Sweeney trade history

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Nope

bending over is stupid

It’s that mentality that ruined the late 80’s Flyers for years trading for Ken Wreggert

Bruins posters on HF OVERWHELMINGLY wanted to deal Marrchand AND a first rounder in 2010 for Chris Drury

Bruins HF posters summer of 2016 lateJune (you can find around days of Hall - Larsson trade) were all for CARLO & PASTRNAK for TROUBA or McAvoy + for Trouba and of course pay Trouba

Many of the same folks that put these out there and I won’t embarrass them are the ones screaming at Sweeney trade history

Kind of like the people screaming to trade Debrusk for Bennett. :sarcasm:

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Nope

bending over is stupid

Ok ok im not advocating for him to do a bad trade :laugh:
But i do believe he should bring in someone impactful now, even if it hurts a bit (well, most trades for good players do).
I do agree with you on defense. IF everyone comes back healthy, i dont really see why we should bring in someone else. That obviously hinges a lot on Carlo and Miller's health.

Reactions: Gordoff

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
He’s trending downwards. Have we not learned anything from the Backes debacle? Chasing high paid over 30 former all stars who are in decline is bad business
He is only signed another year....Listen you can argue with me all you want. PK Subban...would be the perfect fit for this team....Like i said, he didnt look to old yesterday playing 24 minutes of shutout hockey while making the game winning play.....

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He is only signed another year....Listen you can argue with me all you want. PK Subban...would be the perfect fit for this team....Like i said, he didnt look to old yesterday playing 24 minutes of shutout hockey while making the game winning play.....
How would he be a perfect fit please explain?

He plays right D. With a healthy lineup the Bruins ice McAvoy Carlo Miller on the right side. Where do you slot Subban? A 9m cap hit as 3rd pairing dman? I’d rather go with Miller as Subban is horrid defensively in his own end

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Debrusk to me is over thinking the game on the ice and that has diminishes the attributes that made him a good NHL player. I could be wrong and maybe he is a passenger floating around on the ice...but the more i concentrate on him during the game he just looks lost out there with zero confidence. I think Cassidy is in a tough position; he already tried moved him up to get him going. He could move him down or sit him but not sure what that does to whats left of his confidence. Hate to trade him when his value is low but I think he really needs a change.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019

I go after Palmeiri but it’s the Johansson package no first round pick and no legit prospects

I’ve drifted this way a bit too, buuuut I would still like to add a veteran piece back there. Not saying the newer guys can’t handle it, but there’s a lot of hockey left and we can’t assume health.

Ive mentioned Savard in here, if he is available he would fit that Bill. Not having the best year, but his tools would be well utilized in this system in my opinion.

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They need help now tho.
The top line deserves Sweeney to pull out all the stops in order to bring help for a cup run.

Exactly, I concur!

Wait for the off season, I've heard that before to many times and nothing Zilch happens for the good. In the past he's over payed for free-agents who were bust, this off season he saved money by not re-upping Krug or Chara. That's fine as the Defense is looking Great lead by McAvoy and the play of Zboril and Lauzon when healthy has been better than expected.

Now is the time for Sweeney to take advantage of that cap space, not the off season, the bottom line is to win the Cup and the Bruins are close real close and it would be asinine to wait for the off season to make any moves when their this close and have the cap space, to bring in a player who can make a major impact.

Sweeney and the Bruins have never looked any better cap wise to add a significant piece for a serious push for the cup. Its time for Sweeney to bring in a big fish and take some pressure off the perfection line come playoff time, because the whole world knows by now, you shut them done you shut the Bruins down.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk is 23/24 he came into season averaging 25 goals per 82 games

he consciously went out against Rangers and had 7 shots on net and had a cross bar non goal ruled. He set up Bjork for game winner

It’s mental

I’m not kicking him to curb and would not be happy if he was traded for Tanner Pearson

I would trade him now if it’s a real good deal for Boston otherwise I accesss off season where we are going

Lauko is LW and he’s potentially ready next season

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve drifted this way a bit too, buuuut I would still like to add a veteran piece back there. Not saying the newer guys can’t handle it, but there’s a lot of hockey left and we can’t assume health.

Ive mentioned Savard in here, if he is available he would fit that Bill. Not having the best year, but his tools would be well utilized in this system in my opinion.
If Carlo out rest of year but he’s a short timer and no first and no legit prospects

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

He shoots right and Bruins are set on right side. Ekholm would be my target.He is a horse and it drops everyone a rung making Bruins defence really really good which helps Rask and helps during playoff hockey where games are heavy .

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
If Carlo out rest of year but he’s a short timer and no first and no legit prospects
I apologize, but could you clarify what you mean? I understand the Carlo bit, but the wording about the no first and no legit prospects. I’m genuinely not trying be a dickhead the wording just threw me a bit

Are you saying you wouldn’t trade those pieces? If you are I totally agree.

I don’t think he would be overly expensive, but it obviously depends on if the Jackets are still jockeying for a spot. Lots to be decided this month before the deadline in April

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I apologize, but could you clarify what you mean? I understand the Carlo bit, but the wording about the no first and no legit prospects. I’m genuinely not trying be a dickhead the wording just threw me a bit

Are you saying you wouldn’t trade those pieces? If you are I totally agree.

I don’t think he would be overly expensive, but it obviously depends on if the Jackets are still jockeying for a spot. Lots to be decided this month before the deadline in April
I would not trade a first or legit prospect for rental

done with that

Savard, Hall, Palmeiri all rentals

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I would not trade a first or legit prospect for rental

done with that

Savard, Hall, Palmeiri all rentals

Would you move DeBrusk for Hall ? He is a UFA to be but maybe Donnie can nail him down to a deal.Should be a lower price to with his numbers so far not to mention Donnie is good at that part..

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Sorry I stopped reading at 2. IMO Krejci has been one of our best forwards.
Krejci has been one of our best forwards? 18 games, no goals, 11 assists, 5PP points, 7.25 million/year
I like Krejci a lot, I dont want him traded, just simply stating, he's not been "one of our best forwards" and if he has been.........its because my above post shows how dogshit the rest of the gforwards have been outside our top line.

@Montecristo I didn't get into what Palmieri, Hanifin, and Bennett would cost us, other than Debrusk. I have stated in the past that I hope Kase gets healthy so we can flip him for Palmieri or someone else because at this point, it doesn't fall into a forward I'd protect for expansion and we traded our 1st + retained on Backes to get him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Would you move DeBrusk for Hall ? He is a UFA to be but maybe Donnie can nail him down to a deal.Should be a lower price to with his numbers so far not to mention Donnie is good at that part..
No

DeBrusk needs a sports psychologist/ no problem with that i would have no problem if it was me

DeBrusk for Rakell is about where I land if I was dealing for short timer and he’s got next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad