Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Would you move DeBrusk for Hall ? He is a UFA to be but maybe Donnie can nail him down to a deal.Should be a lower price to with his numbers so far not to mention Donnie is good at that part..
I'd pass on Hall. Felger mentioned that a former teammate of his (DKH believes it was Ryan Whitney) told him that Hall was the worst teammate he ever had. There's a reason why he is on his 4th team, despite his talent.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Would you move DeBrusk for Hall ? He is a UFA to be but maybe Donnie can nail him down to a deal.Should be a lower price to with his numbers so far not to mention Donnie is good at that part..
Maybe I'm just extra salty, but not an f'in chance I give up an asset for Hall when he had the opportunity to sign with Boston (his childhood team), to have a chance at a cup without us having to give up assets. He chooses to go to Buffalo instead and now we are going to give up assets to get him out of that shithole when he already said no thanks to being here? No thank you.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Krejci has been one of our best forwards? 18 games, no goals, 11 assists, 5PP points, 7.25 million/year
I like Krejci a lot, I dont want him traded, just simply stating, he's not been "one of our best forwards" and if he has been.........its because my above post shows how dogshit the rest of the gforwards have been outside our top line.

@Montecristo I didn't get into what Palmieri, Hanifin, and Bennett would cost us, other than Debrusk. I have stated in the past that I hope Kase gets healthy so we can flip him for Palmieri or someone else because at this point, it doesn't fall into a forward I'd protect for expansion and we traded our 1st + retained on Backes to get him.

All good - We see things different...The eye test for me says differently. The production will come.

Reactions: 13Hockey

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
FWIW I'd take Hall any day of the week as long as the asking price isn't over the top. Keep in mind Hall holds all the cards as he has a NMC and can literally dictate where he wants to go.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'll pass on Hall. Career loser, and with his injury history and our trade deadline player luck, you know he'll blow out his ACL 3 games into his Bruins tenure.

If were trading with Buffalo, go for Sam Reinhart. Flip Krejci to Vegas, Colorado, or Florida for a 1st, use that 1st + a prospect or 2 to get Reinhart.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Studnicka-Reinhart (I think the key to unlocking DeBrusk is play him with guys to want to skate)
Ritchie-Coyle-Smith
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Maybe I'm just extra salty, but not an f'in chance I give up an asset for Hall when he had the opportunity to sign with Boston (his childhood team), to have a chance at a cup without us having to give up assets. He chooses to go to Buffalo instead and now we are going to give up assets to get him out of that shithole when he already said no thanks to being here? No thank you.

That is fair but at the end of the day Boston needs help and he is much better player then DeBrusk.But i get it .

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
How would he be a perfect fit please explain?

He plays right D. With a healthy lineup the Bruins ice McAvoy Carlo Miller on the right side. Where do you slot Subban? A 9m cap hit as 3rd pairing dman? I’d rather go with Miller as Subban is horrid defensively in his own end
You have not paid attention to what i wrote and the reasoning to do the deal, you keep mentioning 9 million...but i clearly stated in the deal the Devils pick up 40% ......First off.....Carlo is a wet napkin.....At this point, i almost want nothing to do with him. He has not played well this season, nor last season playoffs where he was pitiful. I dont care about Brandon Carlo. At this point for me...Zboril and Louzan have passed him in terms of who we should keep. I will even keep Gryz ahead of him. DeBrusk takes heat here and deserves it...Carlo has been pittiful yet people love the guy, If judged by the same standards as DeBrusk....Carlo is just as disappointing to me.....This is a win now team..Put PK in a room with Bergey and Marchy....And a B on his chest....And you get a motivated Subba....This is a former Norris trophy winning Dman at 31 or 32.....Not what he was....But if he joined us...He is immediately our second best Dman whether you like that or not....Lets agree to disagree here........

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I'll pass on Hall. Career loser, and with hius injury history and our trade deadline player luck, you know he's blow out his ACL 3 games into his Bruins tenure.

If were trading with Buffalo, go for Sam Reinhart. Flip Krejci to Vegas, Colorado, or Florida for a 1st, use that 1st + a prospect or 2 to get Reinhart.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Studnicka-Reinhart (I think the key to unlocking DeBrusk is play him with guys to want to skate)
Ritchie-Coyle-Smith
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner

Agree that the Bruins have been struggling fo years to find someone to play with Krejci. Maybe it's time to move on and find a different center that DeBrusk can play with. He is a young talent that you don't want to give up on.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No to Hall. He had one great, anomalous season. Plus word is he's a terrible teammate. Plus the ask will be insanely high. Not worth it.
I look at Edmonton NJ Arizona & now Buffalo, Hall never really played on a team with an established core of leaders. He’s always had to be “the guy”. I think the situation in Boston is a completely different environment from what he’s experienced in his career thus far. I wouldn’t worry about him being a “bad teammate” here.

Now him choosing Buffalo in the offseason rubbed me the wrong way. Had he chosen a winning team I’d understand.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You have not paid attention to what i wrote and the reasoning to do the deal, you keep mentioning 9 million...but i clearly stated in the deal the Devils pick up 40% ......First off.....Carlo is a wet napkin.....At this point, i almost want nothing to do with him. He has not played well this season, nor last season playoffs where he was pitiful. I dont care about Brandon Carlo. At this point for me...Zboril and Louzan have passed him in terms of who we should keep. I will even keep Gryz ahead of him. DeBrusk takes heat here and deserves it...Carlo has been pittiful yet people love the guy, If judged by the same standards as DeBrusk....Carlo is just as disappointing to me.....This is a win now team..Put PK in a room with Bergey and Marchy....And a B on his chest....And you get a motivated Subba....This is a former Norris trophy winning Dman at 31 or 32.....Not what he was....But if he joined us...He is immediately our second best Dman whether you like that or not....Lets agree to disagree here........

You need to watch the games.Carlo has almost done nothing and wet napkin comments are old.Your blind . Bruins a top 3 pk team but Carlo does nothing is just laughable.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So.... Carlo sucks (“wet napkin”), Subban is a Norris contender, and NJ will hand over Subban at half his cap hit for a few nickels. Gotcha. You win, I concede

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I look at DeBrusk like Josh Anderson last year

Josh Anderson (b.1994) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

mistake dumping him for rental

I think all between ears and he will eventually bounce back

Anderson picked wrong year to suck

I agree its between Debrusk ears, but that's no excuse for his lack luster play here and there. I see shifts where he takes off and he never use to do that. Jake has the speed to be an asset even when he's not putting points on the scoreboard and he seems to let that effect his overall play way too much. I think he will always be a streaky goal scorer, which I can live with but I've seen what he can do when he brings it and he certainly isn't bringing it this year on nightly basis and for the matter on a shift to shift basis.

As far as Anderson he was hurt last year, and was trying to play through a shoulder injury, I give him kudos for that. Eventually he had to end his season early.

Jake could bounce back and probably will. There's no-way I see him getting traded for a rental, it would be a Hockey deal without doubt, but given that it is all between jakes ears, I don't think it helps him at all that he's playing on his off wing. Bruins keep him and add a top RW and put Jake back on LW where he belongs, I would bet whatever is going on between his ears gets a whole lot better in a hurry.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I'd pass on Hall. Felger mentioned that a former teammate of his (DKH believes it was Ryan Whitney) told him that Hall was the worst teammate he ever had. There's a reason why he is on his 4th team, despite his talent.
I pass on Hall as well.
I might consider a trade for Reinhart at a discounted price.
Ike is out of our reach.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
You need to watch the games.Carlo has almost done nothing and wet napkin comments are old.Your blind . Bruins a top 3 pk team but Carlo does nothing is just laughable.
6'5 215 pound defenceman that can skate and have the puck skills that Carlo has do not grow on trees.
Teams would be lining up at our front door to get him.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I still think a cheaper deal like Bobby Ryan would be perfect as a buy low rental to play with Krech.

He still has as many goals as Smith, Jake, Bjork and Krech combined.

That would leave them room at the deadline to go after a big name.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Watched Man Utd vs MC yesterday and Anthony Martial reminds me so much of JDB right now. Martial was gifted the ball right at the dot. No one near him - the result was a soft instep shot to the goalie. Blast that ball. Who cares if it goes out of the stadium.

There is a Steven Wright one-liner . . .(aren't they all) that really applies.

"Depression is anger without the enthusiasm." -

I don't know if JDB can break out of this, but at what point looking at not just him but DK, Smith, Bjork, Studs, Kuraly, Wagner, et al - their inability to do anything 5 on 5 . . .I'm looking behind the bench too. Not for a firing but creativity and finding chemistry.

It is looking like Bruins and Flyers are going to be fighting for the #4 Slot.

Reactions: ylekot and Gordoff

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
6'5 215 pound defenceman that can skate and have the puck skills that Carlo has do not grow on trees.
Teams would be lining up at our front door to get him.
I’m not saying trade him. I’m not saying do a deal. I’m not saying anything. So if they dealt him they could get Forsberg from the peds.

Just saying.

Reactions: bbfan419

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Watched Man Utd vs MC yesterday and Anthony Martial reminds me so much of JDB right now. Martial was gifted the ball right at the dot. No one near him - the result was a soft instep shot to the goalie. Blast that ball. Who cares if it goes out of the stadium.

There is a Steven Wright one-liner . . .(aren't they all) that really applies.

"Depression is anger without the enthusiasm." -

I don't know if JDB can break out of this, but at what point looking at not just him but DK, Smith, Bjork, Studs, Kuraly, Wagner, et al - their inability to do anything 5 on 5 . . .I'm looking behind the bench too. Not for a firing but creativity and finding chemistry.

It is looking like Bruins and Flyers are going to be fighting for the #4 Slot.

Debrusk, IMO needs to be dropped back down to the 3rd line and be played at his regular position. Playing against less talent and 3rd pairing defense will help him gain his confidence.

Trent can still be very effective on the 4th with Stud and Bjork or Wagner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad