Boston Bruins V-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I look at Edmonton NJ Arizona & now Buffalo, Hall never really played on a team with an established core of leaders. He’s always had to be “the guy”. I think the situation in Boston is a completely different environment from what he’s experienced in his career thus far. I wouldn’t worry about him being a “bad teammate” here.

Now him choosing Buffalo in the offseason rubbed me the wrong way. Had he chosen a winning team I’d understand.

Taylor Hall is 29 years old now. We are well past the point where we can blame his hockey failures on a lack of veteran leadership throughout his career.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I look at DeBrusk like Josh Anderson last year

Josh Anderson (b.1994) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

mistake dumping him for rental

I think all between ears and he will eventually bounce back

Anderson picked wrong year to suck
I don't know the answer, but no question young Jake is gripping the stick tight. He was the poster boy for frustration after he had that nice set up and Blackwood made the save. I was expecting goal, and I'm sure DeBrusk was too.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I look at DeBrusk like Josh Anderson last year

Josh Anderson (b.1994) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

mistake dumping him for rental

I think all between ears and he will eventually bounce back

Anderson picked wrong year to suck

That's a good point. People here were so sure Anderson was cooked... Knowing what we know now, it was really over the top.

Looking at Hall, it's hard not to think of him as a loser right now. Everywhere he goes, they lose. But he's also never played for a team with someone above him in a leadership role, hard to know how that dynamic would affect him.

I know I would feel better about our playoff chances if we had another play driver on the team.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
That's a good point. People here were so sure Anderson was cooked... Knowing what we know now, it was really over the top.

Looking at Hall, it's hard not to think of him as a loser right now. Everywhere he goes, they lose. But he's also never played for a team with someone above him in a leadership role, hard to know how that dynamic would affect him.

I know I would feel better about our playoff chances if we had another play driver on the team.
the question is: is/was Hall overrated, even back to the same draft....

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I don’t even have any ideas for this team anymore. Everyone against adding a Dman is probably right but I don’t see an offensive fit that doesn’t require us catching lightning in a bottle.

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't know the answer, but no question young Jake is gripping the stick tight. He was the poster boy for frustration after he had that nice set up and Blackwood made the save. I was expecting goal, and I'm sure DeBrusk was too.
the frustrating thing as a fan is that he's a streaky enough player that he has been through this before. He's old & experienced enough now that he should have developed the mentality to play through these slumps and just let it roll off his back, but it totally turns him inside out. His development on the mental side of the game has been really lacking IMO.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
the frustrating thing as a fan is that he's a streaky enough player that he has been through this before. He's old & experienced enough now that he should have developed the mentality to play through these slumps and just let it roll off his back, but it totally turns him inside out. His development on the mental side of the game has been really lacking IMO.
I think that's definitely fair. A young player getting off his game due to a cold streak is one thing, but I agree JDB should have the tools to work through this at this stage.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021

I think before this summer I would have called him not a loser, but like, he made the conscious choice to go to Buffalo. The land of losing in the NHL, just because his buddy-buddy coach Ralph Kruger said things would be different.

I just don’t think Taylor Hall wants to be in the intense locker rooms that a contender would have, personally. He wants to be the “guy” and have it easy to boot, unfortunately you can’t really have it both ways.

Still, Hall is a very talented player and definitely drives offense. I wouldn’t hate him in Boston, but I hate the idea of sending valuable assets to Buffalo and allowing them to cash in on signing Taylor Hall of his own boneheaded decision.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Detroit's likely not dealing him or that was the report a while back.... I wouldn't rent a 33 yr old on his 4th team

I don't see why Detroit would want to trade him, but they are in dire straits here. The production has been pretty damn good for the money, but they ain't going anywhere so if they can score any sort of return to build upon, they should take it.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Get wood and Palmeiri - ship out Debrusk and Craig Smith.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Ritchie - Krejci - Palmeiri
Wood - Coyle - Senyshyn
Frederic - Studnicka - Bjork

Reactions: Dizzay

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't see why Detroit would want to trade him, but they are in dire straits here. The production has been pretty damn good for the money, but they ain't going anywhere so if they can score any sort of return to build upon, they should take it.

the premise is Ryan's finally found an organization where he's comfortable now.... after all the public storylines that he revealed to the media.....

Anaheim wasn't a fit.... Ottawa was thought to be a better fit....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think before this summer I would have called him not a loser, but like, he made the conscious choice to go to Buffalo. The land of losing in the NHL, just because his buddy-buddy coach Ralph Kruger said things would be different.

I just don’t think Taylor Hall wants to be in the intense locker rooms that a contender would have, personally. He wants to be the “guy” and have it easy to boot, unfortunately you can’t really have it both ways.

Still, Hall is a very talented player and definitely drives offense. I wouldn’t hate him in Boston, but I hate the idea of sending valuable assets to Buffalo and allowing them to cash in on signing Taylor Hall of his own boneheaded decision.

August 2020

"I think, honestly, it's probably all winning,"

"But yeah, I'd say it's pretty much all winning,"

October 2020

Taylor Hall signs with the club with the longest playoff drought in the entire league.

You can't make this stuff up.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin

Wood - Coyle - Senyshyn
They're not going to trade Smith considering they just signed him. Would not help them to sign free agents going forward..

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sabres are a mess, and are ripe for the picking, Sweeney should be trying to land a Dahlin or Mittlestadt, their careers are going no-where in Buffalo.

If Adams wont deal those two, then go get Eichel and Risto and call it a day. :naughty:

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
August 2020

"I think, honestly, it's probably all winning,"

"But yeah, I'd say it's pretty much all winning,"

October 2020

Taylor Hall signs with the club with the longest playoff drought in the entire league.

You can't make this stuff up.

Yeah and Sweeney got CARVED, well, STILL getting carved for simply “not” signing Taylor Hall or whatever. The guy chose to go there and is now dealing with the consequence of that as Buffalo is burning from the inside out.

Also, tough draw for him falling on a breakaway last night, but did anyone see him get up afterwards? He got up as if this were a scrimmage in practice and he had enough of it. For a guy who’s all about “winning” he sure doesn’t look like someone who’s interested in that out there, IMO.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

Wood - Coyle - Senyshyn

Wood > JDB (right now)
Palms > Smith

Also no chance they deal Smith 20 games into signing the guy.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Sabres are a mess, and are ripe for the picking, Sweeney should be trying to land a Dahlin or Mittlestadt, their careers are going no-where in Buffalo.

If Adams wont deal those two, then go get Eichel and Risto and call it a day. :naughty:

2 of those players move the needle, and we have the assets for neither of them. Not a chance Boston goes out and trades for a franchise player any time soon.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Wood > JDB (right now)
Palms > Smith

Also no chance they deal Smith 20 games into signing the guy.

And nor should they, but Palmieri also isn’t having a very good year of himself. 3 of his 4 goals have come against the corpse of the Boston Bruins with the other one coming against the corpse of the Buffalo Sabres.

He hasn’t been awful, but he looks to be struggling a bit this season too.

Reactions: Skelen

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Would you guys trade the world to get forsberg? If I’m Nashville trying to rebuild. I’d want a lot of prospects and draft picks for my assets.

Reactions: ylekot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad