USMNT Thread Part VIII

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’d think you’ll see a lot of teams allow players to go that aren’t in the playoffs. So basically teams like Galaxy/DC will send players but not teams like Seattle/Toronto.

Reports have stated it'll be European-based players. With COVID restrictions, I think they'll probably just stick to players playing in Europe. There was a report that Johnny Cardoso might be included, but restrictions for a player playing in Brazil aren't the exact same as one in the USA.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Sargent
Pulisic-Reyna-Weah
Mckennie-Adams
Robinson-Brooks-Miazga-Dest
Steffen

Maybe Cannon at RB and Dest at LB

If Weah can't go, then I'd be interested in seeing Dest at that spot and Cannon at RB.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Richards or EPB. Please no Miazga.

And I think I'd use Dest on the left, and Cannon on the right.

I wouldn't be against a back 3 either with Cannon at RCB, Dest at RWB, Robinson at LWB.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm just looking forward to seeing McKennie and Adams play together. Them developing great chemistry and growing together is critical to our success.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Richards or EPB. Please no Miazga.

And I think I'd use Dest on the left, and Cannon on the right.

I wouldn't be against a back 3 either with Cannon at RCB, Dest at RWB, Robinson at LWB.

Ohhh now that could be interesting:

----------------------Sargent
--------Pulisic-------------------Reyna
-----------Mckennie---------Adams
Robinson--------------------------------Dest
----------Brooks----Richards----Cannon

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wonder if they try to call up Cajuste or Pierie

Cajuste would have to file a one time switch, so maybe he’s there to train. Likely won’t play. The same applies for Pierie, but I doubt he’s there. It’s probably going to be another few years before he switches, but I’m sure they’ll attempt to get him to switch sooner.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
liked what i saw from robinson today. he pretty much was a left winger and put in some good balls into the box. his better crosses were low crosses to attackers feet. hes fast as hell so he can stay further up the pitch and have the pace to get back. apparently dest had a very good game in el clasico today as well.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Tyler Adams being so injury prone is gonna land him back in MLS within 5 years. Dude needs to find a way to stay healthy. I wouldn’t mind it personally as an RBNY fan bc he’d be coming back to us probably. Still, this kid can play in any league - want him to hit his potential.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This would be a great job by Berhalter to convince him to play for us. He’s only eligible for the USA because his parents were here on vacation when he was born. But if he gives his all for the USMNT, I certainly wouldn’t complain.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
That's a coup if we can convince him to play for us. There's a hole at right wing at the moment if Weah and Morris can't lock down that spot. Looking forward to seeing the roster tomorrow

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Its funny how some nations would be ok with taking players like this but if it were done to them they'd be upset.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Morris already locked down that spot.

Morris can play striker.

And I think Morris is more of a stop gap, unless he moves to Europe after this season and is a big success. I have to imagine one of these young wingers or strikers is going to emerge further as a standout. He's already not getting a place in the lineup over Pulisic and Reyna. If Musah joins, not him either. One more player, and he's not in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad