USMNT Thread Part VIII

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
If Reyna isn't available for this window and Scally keeps the solid form up, what do you guys think of giving Dest a run at RW?

Pepi
Pulisic-Aaronson-Dest
Mckennie-Adams
ARob-Brooks-MRob-Scally
Turner

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
So callups are this week and we most likely have Pulisic and Reyna out, and Adams a question mark. Here are some players who didnt play last window who may get called up this time.

Defense
- Richards: Has now moved and getting playing time
- Scally: Is getting the most minutes out of any of our European based players
- Araujo: Rumors were a month ago he was going to switch to Mexico then it didnt happen. Rumors he were he spoke with Berhalter who convinced him to wait.
- Miazga: Is playing regularly. Problem for him is we already have 4 or 5 other centerbacks healthy and playing as well and i dont think Berhalter will drop Brooks because of one bad window.

Midfield
- Busio: has been playing and playing well for Venezia. In Serie A he looks the part but physicality is an issue. With 2 home games do you call him up or let him to continue to settle.
- Musah: Is healthy now, be shocked if he wasnt called up.
- Arriola: Is health now, a Berhalter favorite.
- McKennie: i think the 2 games were enough and he will go right back in.

Forwards
- Weah: Is healthy now, he will be called up.
- Robinson: was called into Chile last window but left, rumors were he was in contact with USMNT staff. Was the contact, we will call you up?
- Zardes: Is healthy now.
- Hoppe: Has moved now, not getting a ton of minutes yet. They may want him to stay and continue to get settled.
- Dike: Has come back from injury. But i dont think he is full form yet.
- Ferreira/Milaiholvic: Probably the most inform american MLS attackers. Problem is both play in a role that Berhalter doesn't use. Could see one of them called up as a bench option to through on if needed.

My guess for the first game (if you are trying to put out your best healthy lineup).

Aaronson-Pepi-Weah
McKennie-Adams-Musah
Robinson-Robinson-McKenzie-Dest
Turner

I could easilty see greg start Zardes instead of Pepi game one, but its hard to sit him after last game.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
So callups are this week and we most likely have Pulisic and Reyna out, and Adams a question mark. Here are some players who didnt play last window who may get called up this time.

Defense
- Richards: Has now moved and getting playing time
- Scally: Is getting the most minutes out of any of our European based players
- Araujo: Rumors were a month ago he was going to switch to Mexico then it didnt happen. Rumors he were he spoke with Berhalter who convinced him to wait.
- Miazga: Is playing regularly. Problem for him is we already have 4 or 5 other centerbacks healthy and playing as well and i dont think Berhalter will drop Brooks because of one bad window.

Midfield
- Busio: has been playing and playing well for Venezia. In Serie A he looks the part but physicality is an issue. With 2 home games do you call him up or let him to continue to settle.
- Musah: Is healthy now, be shocked if he wasnt called up.
- Arriola: Is health now, a Berhalter favorite.
- McKennie: i think the 2 games were enough and he will go right back in.

Forwards
- Weah: Is healthy now, he will be called up.
- Robinson: was called into Chile last window but left, rumors were he was in contact with USMNT staff. Was the contact, we will call you up?
- Zardes: Is healthy now.
- Hoppe: Has moved now, not getting a ton of minutes yet. They may want him to stay and continue to get settled.
- Dike: Has come back from injury. But i dont think he is full form yet.
- Ferreira/Milaiholvic: Probably the most inform american MLS attackers. Problem is both play in a role that Berhalter doesn't use. Could see one of them called up as a bench option to through on if needed.

My guess for the first game (if you are trying to put out your best healthy lineup).

Aaronson-Pepi-Weah
McKennie-Adams-Musah
Robinson-Robinson-McKenzie-Dest
Turner

I could easilty see greg start Zardes instead of Pepi game one, but its hard to sit him after last game.

Really nice write-up. I'm really interested in what happens with the striker callups. I HAVE to imagine Pepi is a lock after the Honduras game, but the rest I am not sure about. Zardes is healthy, just scored two beauties this past weekend, had a good Gold Cup, and is a Gregg favorite - I think he gets called up. My guess is that only one of Pefok and Sargent gets called up after their mixed bag of performances last window. I say Pefok gets the call based on form and allowing Sargent to keep working hard at Norwich to earn more time.

Pepi, Zardes, Pefok, and Hoppe is my guess for the strikers called up.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Really nice write-up. I'm really interested in what happens with the striker callups. I HAVE to imagine Pepi is a lock after the Honduras game, but the rest I am not sure about. Zardes is healthy, just scored two beauties this past weekend, had a good Gold Cup, and is a Gregg favorite - I think he gets called up. My guess is that only one of Pefok and Sargent gets called up after their mixed bag of performances last window. I say Pefok gets the call based on form and allowing Sargent to keep working hard at Norwich to earn more time.

Pepi, Zardes, Pefok, and Hoppe is my guess for the strikers called up.

Pefok keeps scoring for his club so that helps him. With Zardes healthy he can be your hard working striker. Only thing that may save Sargeant is the injuries to Pulisic and Reyna and he can atleast play wing.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3