USMNT Thread Part VIII

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well I don't know how yall are feeling but this winning feeling is one of the best I have EVER FELT!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm interested to see how you guys lineup come a month from now in Orlando. I'm guessing there will be a number of changes, especially if Berhalter is gone.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
GET BERHALTER THE **** OUT OF HERE!!!

His tactics fell apart in the 2nd half vs Mexico in the Gold Cup final and now whatever the **** he did tonight just handed Canada their first ever win over us in 34 years.

I've been fed up with him for a while now but tonight just sealed the deal.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
bigsamusa.jpg

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Twellman had plenty to say...let's see if he can come fix it...Shocking amount of negativity from the commentators although it was amusing. Darke isn't even American but he seems to be invested now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Some of you need to get a grip. It’s a meaningless match against a team that is a lot better than their reputation. Doesn’t help that it’s on the road and Canada’s players were touting a rivalry that our players don’t acknowledge. We obviously didn’t match their intensity. Very easy to forget to show up in a game like this. Most of the team looked like they were already back with their club teams.

That doesn’t excuse that we should be winning this game or that Berhalter’s not done a good job. I also think you can’t leave out that this team is in transition and isn’t as good right now as they usually are against team in this region. Don’t blow this out of proportion though. Bad result, but won’t matter the next international window.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Some of you need to get a grip. It’s a meaningless match against a team that is a lot better than their reputation. Doesn’t help that it’s on the road and Canada’s players were touting a rivalry that our players don’t acknowledge. We obviously didn’t match their intensity. Very easy to forget to show up in a game like this. Most of the team looked like they were already back with their club teams.

That doesn’t excuse that we should be winning this game or that Berhalter’s not done a good job. I also think you can’t leave out that this team is in transition and isn’t as good right now as they usually are against team in this region. Don’t blow this out of proportion though. Bad result, but won’t matter the next international window.
Is it an important match? Ultimately, no. But so what? We should be beating minnows. If Dortmund had lost to FC Schweinberg in their summer friendly, it wouldn't actually matter, but you'd still be pretty pissed

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Losing to Canada for the first time in 34 years just shows the USMNT is continuing on their downtrend. What does the USMNT need to do to show just how terrible they are in your eyes? Legit question because I'm not sure.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Losing to Canada for the first time in 34 years just shows the USMNT is continuing on their downtrend. What does the USMNT need to do to show just how terrible they are in your eyes? Legit question because I'm not sure.

Bench Pulisic.

The rest of us seem to know how much the team sucks.

Reactions: bluesfan94

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

The main storyline from the Canadian point of view is not the "rivalry", but it was a bigger match for them than the US from a seeding perspective as they try and make the hex. Its a win they needed for world cup qualifying purposes.

Canada has made progression especially up front. David and Davies will lead the charge there with their whole future ahead of them, but their biggest weakness is easily the back end, and there's really no reason for the US to get clean sheeted.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Canada isn't that good.

I'm sorry. They've improved. They've worked on a lot. But the US team shouldn't lose to them. Ever. Not where it wasn't really close. A fluke late goal, maybe a close match, eh, I could see. But it shouldn't be expected. Honestly, Canada had cause to expect the score line to be higher. 2-0 flattered how the US played. That's not acceptable in any fashion. The day it becomes acceptable is the day they should pack it up and stop fielding a team.

It isn't completely on this management team. It isn't completely on this group of players. They've been run into the ground for a while now, and the fruits of that are playing out as we see them. the problem is until they cauterize the gaping chest wound that has been caused, they're going to continue to bleed out. Players are going to jump ship, results will get worse. The youth development is improved. The amount of kids going to Europe and doing ok is improving. The MLS is getting better at development (even if quality is poor overall). They've done better at youth tournaments. the trend shouldn't be down. They have some talented players (how it fits is the question). Sure, there are some gaps at the back, but that's been a problem in past periods and style and grit got over it. They have some of the best young talents they've ever had in decades. If they stopped screwing it up from a a management and director position, they would be infinitely better off. But competency seems to be too much to ask from US Soccer.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Would rather target that to Berhalter, hopefully the next coach wouldn't pick a bunch of these guys... I am done watching his ideas, go get a real international coach.

Well that would requiring not hiring someone from within this incestuous cycle of managers which this federation has shown no willingness to do. I fully expect Michael Bradley on the next World Cup roster if they qualify. IF.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know a lot hate Bradley, but we just dont have anyone to take his spot, especially with Adams not in. He's a bad fit for the system we have and it's made worse by having a weak midfield around him.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad