GDT: Us vs. Them - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Start Ilya against Dallas and get Holtby ready for Colorado and Toronto.

If Samsonov plays another great game and Holtby is still Holtby than Holtby should stop starting 90% of games... to be a starter you should play like one.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Trading Holtby gets us a lot space... just saying
Yes but by trading Holtby, you are throwing Ilya into the fire. He just got into the AHL last year. The best thing for Ilya's developement right now is to keep Holtby and then Ilya starts next season.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
If Samsonov plays another great game and Holtby is still Holtby than Holtby should stop starting 90% of games... to be a starter you should play like one.
Samsonov hasn't played a great game yet. He hasn't had to.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Again you don't want to rush Ilya. If you rush him now, there is a good chance you ruin him. Ilya will get his time, but it isn't now.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Again you don't want to rush Ilya. If you rush him now, there is a good chance you ruin him. Ilya will get his time, but it isn't now.

Are you saying playing 4-5 games a month is too much and sitting on the bench is better for his development?

What are you talking about?!?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I agree. I don't think Samsonov stays with the Caps the entire season.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Holtby sucked but when we have the lead in the third we have to get the puck in deep and cycle. Instead we are turning it over in the neutral zone leading to odd man rushes.

Reactions: maacoshark

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Samsonov hasn't played a great game yet. He hasn't had to.

Thats true.

I just don’t like giving Holtby 90% of the games no matter how he plays... and the Caps of all teams shouldn’t be afraid of playing young goalies with all our success with Goalies.

Reactions: triggrman

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Caps have to figure something out. Carlson can’t sustain these minutes all season and be effective. They need to find a 7th dman that isn’t Lewington.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Are you saying playing 4-5 games a month rushing him and you think sitting on the bench is better for his development?

What are you talking about?!?
Sorry misread. You made it sound like in your post you wanted to sit Holtby and put in Samsonov right away. Some people here want to do that. I think your right on the mark. I say 65 percent Holtby, 35 percent Ilya.

Reactions: Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad