GDT: Us vs. Them - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Start Ilya against Dallas and get Holtby ready for Colorado and Toronto.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
People, are you crazy? How about other team? That was a very good team. I would say a superb team that played with so much passion. Reminded me f***ing Pittsburgh in their glory days. How about to match not only skill for skill, but passion for passion and determination for determination? Especially when you are lesser on D. Man, our D isn't good. I mean they aren't good on paper, but I hoped they would be good as a team. Unfortunately, they are even more stupid together than individually. I don't know if it's coaching, but they are not good as a group. Also lack of intensity is back. Oh, old days - old caps.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Holtby is gone. We all know that. Backstrom is retiring a cap and Samsonov is the future. Plus, we just can’t afford Holts.

That being said you have to Win when leading in the third. THREE straight 3rd period blown leads is on coaching. You cannot allow that to happen.

Look, Reirdon is who he is but let’s not forget he blew a lead last year in round 1 and if we don’t go far this year he may be short lived too.

Trotz should of never left - but it is what it is at this point. Hopefully Reirdon is gone fast if he fails again this season. He was handed a stanley cup team and those same exact top players are all still here and he has recently lost 3 games in a row when having a 3rd period lead - and also lost a series where Caps were by far better team.

He should have more pressure on him it feels like - bc the players don’t seem to be trying to close games out for him.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I'm surprised folks are piling on defense here. Gotta give credit to Nashville. Their execution is absolutely clinical.

That last goal shouldn't have happened. Definitely need a save there.

Reactions: Silky mitts

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
People, are you crazy? How about other team? That was a very good team. I would say a superb team that played with so much passion. Reminded me ****ing Pittsburgh in their glory days. How about to match not only skill for skill, but passion for passion and determination for determination? Especially when you are lesser on D. Man, our D isn't good. I mean they aren't good on paper, but I hoped they would be good as a team. Unfortunately, they are even more stupid together than individually. I don't know if it's coaching, but they are not good as a group. Also lack of intensity is back. Oh, old days - old caps.

caps are a good team too. You just can’t blow lead after lead. I don’t care if we had a third period lead VS the all star team tonight - 2 blown 3rd period leads - while going into the 3rd up by 2 is unacceptable. ESPECIALLY when you’ve blown 2 third period leads in a row before this...

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
People, are you crazy? How about other team? That was a very good team. I would say a superb team that played with so much passion. Reminded me ****ing Pittsburgh in their glory days. How about to match not only skill for skill, but passion for passion and determination for determination? Especially when you are lesser on D. Man, our D isn't good. I mean they aren't good on paper, but I hoped they would be good as a team. Unfortunately, they are even more stupid together than individually. I don't know if it's coaching, but they are not good as a group. Also lack of intensity is back. Oh, old days - old caps.
Nashville is a very good team but there was no excuse for the mental mistakes that lead to this collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad