Tennis: US Open 2016

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Doom and Gloom?

He won the Olympics and Wimbledon this year with the Davis Cup to come.

I'm pretty happy.

He also got to the final of the French and Australian opens.

That's not what I meant. Andy's (indeed) had a great year.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Stan deserves this title, truly. Amazing work. I'm glad if Nole can't win, it's Stan winning. These two are best friends on the tour. :p: The way he's been serving this summer, it just wasn't gonna happen. Every point on his serve is a 50-50 point which makes holding serve very difficult.

Oct 18, 2006
Stan deserves this title, truly. Amazing work. I'm glad if Nole can't win, it's Stan winning. These two are best friends on the tour. :p: The way he's been serving this summer, it just wasn't gonna happen. Every point on his serve is a 50-50 point which makes holding serve very difficult.
I absolutely cannot stand Stan. Not that this even contributes but he keeps preventing Djoko from slams too.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
I absolutely cannot stand Stan. Not that this even contributes but he keeps preventing Djoko from slams too.

He is to Novak how Novak is to Rafa in the past couple years although before this match, Novak was 17-2 against him. Stan's such a nice guy though. I can't hate him.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is there a story I don't know about with Stan/DJok? It sounded like Djok saved him from some bad decisions or something. He got real emotional doing that.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
I am just about to cry after watching this trophy ceremony. Wow. These guys. So much love and appreciation for each other. How can anyone hate Novak or Stan after watching this? Such gracious winners and losers. And as for Stan, just wow. So happy to be cheering for these two! :D

Is there a story I don't know about with Stan/DJok? It sounded like Djok saved him from some bad decisions or something. He got real emotional doing that.

I think it's mostly personal, but Novak's worked a lot with Stan outside of actual matches. For one, they practice together, and spend decent time off-season together too. It's huge for Stan to say "If it wasn't for you [Novak], I wouldn't be here". Definitely seems like there's more to it than just tennis.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Stan the man.. ****ing extremely humble and kind to say that in a country he doesn't reside in. True man.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Congrats to Stan. Seems like such a great guy and one of the most underappreciated champions that I can remember, the guy always plays big in the big matches and has always matched up well with Djokovic yet is always considered a big underdog against him for some reason. He's a Wimbledon away from a career Grand Slam, who woulda thunk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad