Tennis: US Open 2016

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
MTF and experts are 50-50 on this final. Novak's never been this less of a favorite going into the final (at least in the past 5 years), but given his form in the summer and this tournament sometimes, it's understandable.

This is a tough matchup for Djokovic even when he's in top form because Wawrinka can hit through him when he's on his game. The only way to beat Djokovic is to overpower him. He and Stan have played some epic matches the last few years. Hoping for another one here

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
If Novak serves like he has this tournament, Stan will win. He's going to have to do a lot better. He's had less than 20 aces this tournament (in all matches combined), and when you're facing someone like Stan, you need free points.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So much freaking love for Djok. He went from a guy who complained to one of the most respected players on tour. I absolutely love his attitude and work ethic.

Both guys are solid here. I hope it goes 5 and we get great tennis.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Stan is having a timing issue. He's muffed 3 shots and absolutely just flat out whiffed on the serve. I've never seen a pro have this much of an issue with how the court is playing/ball is bouncing.

Djok out waaay early to a 3-0 lead.

Jan 3, 2012
If Novak serves like he has this tournament, Stan will win. He's going to have to do a lot better. He's had less than 20 aces this tournament (in all matches combined), and when you're facing someone like Stan, you need free points.

what are you doing here

shouldnt you be playing tennis

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Probably about the worst opening set that Stan could have played. Would love Djok's candid perspective on how out of all of the hard work he has put into his game, how this US Open may be the most hand-delivered major of his career.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Two set points saved by Stan. I'm afraid Novak is going to get broken now. Classic Novak. About to get broken. Back on serve.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Probably about the worst opening set that Stan could have played. Would love Djok's candid perspective on how out of all of the hard work he has put into his game, how this US Open may be the most hand-delivered major of his career.

Ya jinxed it. :(

Jan 3, 2012

ColePens did 5-4

:sarcasm:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think either guy is playing their "A" game. It's been a very unusual tourney all around. Serena looked like she could barely move. Stan/Djok haven't been 100% but are in the final. Djok's run to the final has been by far the weirdest run to the final i've ever seen.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Summary of first tiebreak: two potential points of the match (won by each player) followed by Stan's unforced errors. Novak wins it 7-1. Should have won that set 6-2, but I'll take the 7-6(1).

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Summary of first tiebreak: two potential points of the match (won by each player) followed by Stan's unforced errors. Novak wins it 7-1. Should have won that set 6-2, but I'll take the 7-6(1).

Summary of so many matches this tourney, too. Some extremely high level points followed by a lot of unforced errors.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Stan's backhander down the line is the sexiest tennis shot in the game. As a fellow 1hbh player, that shot is so freaking difficult.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Stan the man with some serves that are saving his butt. The one thing I love about Stan's game is that he fully believes he's on the level of guys like Djok, Fed, Nadal, etc. He fully believes it. Guys like Tsonga and what not need to realize that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad