Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post - Full Attendance at Practice (4.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
This break for Geno isn't the worst thing. If he has his legs in the playoffs, and has McCann on the LW, I think we'll be in great shape on all our forward lines.

Reactions: BHD and BmxHockey

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Literally the 3rd time you've said the bold. Deep breaths.

Malkin has been out 2 weeks. His injury was announced as "week to week." No Rhode scholar, but 2 weeks fits into that narrative pretty succinctly.

After Carolina W maybe you will reconsider. We are legit danger of falling to WC

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Canes have young legs but still back to back in a big game is hard. Pens need to win and finish in the 2nd place in the Metro. I really can't see the Canes goalies being able to elevate their game in the playoffs. Same for the Islanders. A lot different in the playoffs.

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
Mackey said on the kdka sports showdown last night that Letang hasn't looked good skating. Not sure where that leaves him in next 10 days.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Mackey said on the kdka sports showdown last night that Letang hasn't looked good skating. Not sure where that leaves him in next 10 days.

Terrible news but not surprising...I figured they’d keep him out and see how he felt by the start of the POs...my guess is this is something that either needs surgery or extensive rest that he’s going to try to play through...his possible lack of availability is what I saw in the decision to try Dumo on the right...they’re looking to get their 6 best D men on the ice in a plan for when/if Letang doesn’t return...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
letang is probably done, and if he isn’t done, he will come back too early for the 6th time in his career anyway and be out again

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Terrible news but not surprising...I figured they’d keep him out and see how he felt by the start of the POs...my guess is this is something that either needs surgery or extensive rest that he’s going to try to play through...his possible lack of availability is what I saw in the decision to try Dumo on the right...they’re looking to get their 6 best D men on the ice in a plan for when/if Letang doesn’t return...
how stupid does that scrum look like now? Totally not necessary

Reactions: Andy99

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I think Letang will be back. But the question is just how much will he able to play at his best level. Injuries hit and good teams find a way to overcome them. But when your star player is hurt, that is the risk of depending on big time talent. I think the Pens can get by the Islanders without him. But they can't win the cup without him being his best.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

Expected.

Yep. There's very little chance he returns this season. Multiple spinal injuries are career threatening. Combined with everything else (stroke, etc.), I think he needs to consider the risk vs. reward in regards to continuing to play hockey.

I think Letang will be back.

Why?

Or are you just trying to be positive?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Have they even confirmed yet what Letang's injury is?

Is it related to his previous neck injury, or is it something new/not related?

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Letang is done guy is way too injury prone at this point. It’s a shame because he was actually having a really good year

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'v said this before

When Letang came back against Carolina he said their was no timeline for his injury.

It was up to him to decide when he was comfortable enough to play.

Assuming this is the same injury again i would think its the same situation again.

The team probably doesn't even know how long he will be out for, its going to be up to Letang to decide when or if he can play.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
As much as it sucks to go into the playoffs without out legit Norris candidate, there's no denying our team defense has been far far better without him. I think we are OK without him.

Reactions: BHD

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
What does that even mean? Can he not shoot the puck without grimacing? Is he unable to skate at 100%? This is so vague I'm inclined to completely dismiss it

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
What does that even mean? Can he not shoot the puck without grimacing? Is he unable to skate at 100%? This is so vague I'm inclined to completely dismiss it
Yeah, I don't have a lot of trust in the local guys to begin with so I'm skeptical. That said, when Letang got hurt again I figured that we wouldn't see him until at least the 2nd round.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Yeah, I don't have a lot of trust in the local guys to begin with so I'm skeptical. That said, when Letang got hurt again I figured that we wouldn't see him until at least the 2nd round.
If we need him him to appear before the 2nd rnd my guess is that he will appear and it won't even be a trick.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
REALLY hoping Dumo's "injury" was essentially maintenance, and he'll be back tomorrow.

I was all about resting Geno for the regular season, but now that they're in the position they are, if he's at least 90%, just play him tomorrow and if needed, Saturday. Pens need to win to clinch. I'd rather the team take a little risk and get in, rather than sit pat, hope for the best and bank on Geno being 100% for the playoffs.

I've given up on Letang coming back at this point. It just is what it is.

Don't feel like doing the research, what was the timeline for ZAR and possible return date based off that?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
REALLY hoping Dumo's "injury" was essentially maintenance, and he'll be back tomorrow.

I was all about resting Geno for the regular season, but now that they're in the position they are, if he's at least 90%, just play him tomorrow and if needed, Saturday. Pens need to win to clinch. I'd rather the team take a little risk and get in, rather than sit pat, hope for the best and bank on Geno being 100% for the playoffs.

I've given up on Letang coming back at this point. It just is what it is.

Don't feel like doing the research, what was the timeline for ZAR and possible return date based off that?

Dumo doesn't sound like a maintenance day . . .

As for Letang . . .

Truth be told, sounds really iffy . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad