Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post - Full Attendance at Practice (4.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Do we even have official word on what Letang's injury actually is? It's kind of weird to see people basically planning his funeral and calling him an idiot for playing if we don't even know what the issue is.
Damn i thought some of us agreed to chill out about him, you're right, some folks go from one extreme to another based on mostly nothing. What if Letang is just... resting, healing, preparing for PO?

Wouldn't be the 1rst time org stated vague shit trying to protect a guy before PO either.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Well I missed that obviously haha. Thanks.
It was pretty apparent that it was a re-aggravation of his neck injury that required surgery just based on the incident in the outdoor game. The confirmation didn't come until about a day ago though.

Either way, not out of the woods yet. He's come back from injury too early in the past and just a day or so ago he was saying how he went back out of the lineup because he wasn't ready, and how he still didn't feel right. I know several players have come back too soon over the Sid/Geno era, so as much as I'd like to give the team doctors the benefit of the doubt, they've sort of lost that with me. I suppose it doesn't matter what I think though, if he's cleared and he wants to play, he'll play. I'm just hoping we don't see anything this summer about Letang going back in for surgery to repair the issue again.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I don't think it's as dire as the Dupuis situation. Dupuis was legitimately toying with his life, not just quality of life. He genuinely could have died.

I'm not really comfortable seeing Tanger out there all things considered, but if he says he's good to go and the doctors allow it, well, I don't really have any ground to stand on. I just hope everyone involved knows what they're doing and has weighed the risks.
i have some spinal issues myself so i guess i’m being overly sensitive. it doesn’t seem like much of a life for a guy like letang to live. i also think he’s demonstrated that he’s not exactly a good judge of any injury including this one. but if he’s cleared for contact, he’s cleared for contact i supposed. cleared for hockey contact. not cleared to provoke on ice wrestling matches

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
Take injury advice you read on here with a gigantic grain of salt, nobody on here are doctors to these players, nor anyone else.... I recall plenty of people on here suggesting Sid retire or that he'll never be able to play again, blah blah blah... As if people on here actually knew his medical records and examined him personally.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know we joke Letang is a beautiful moron, which might be true. But the guy is also a Dad and while we want to compare the Dupuis situation, I think the Dupuis situation is exactly why Letang wouldn't hold back if he was hurt. I mean first and foremost, the f***ing guy had a STROKE and then had his spine or neck fused.

And yet, the f***ing guy came back and could have gone a PPG, he's a freak of nature. If he tells me he would only be back if he felt 100%, I believe him and he's good to go. Like @Scandale du Jour , I am a big fan of the Tang. We need him. Holy f*** do we need him.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Hopefully Geno and Tanger didn’t have any setbacks and the 4 days off does them some good because neither looked great coming back. With that being said do we have any idea if Dumo or ZAR will be ready for game 1? We really need Dumo to shore up the D.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Part of the problem with injuries like Letang's is that a large part of the protocol seems to revolve around players self-reporting symptoms. All of the scans in the world can miss certain fundamental problems if players aren't being honest with their doctors, and there's sooooo much pressure from the fans and the league's dumbass "hockey culture" that we end up with extreme cases like Dupuis and Letang.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Part of the problem with injuries like Letang's is that a large part of the protocol seems to revolve around players self-reporting symptoms. All of the scans in the world can miss certain fundamental problems if players aren't being honest with their doctors, and there's sooooo much pressure from the fans and the league's dumbass "hockey culture" that we end up with extreme cases like Dupuis and Letang.

Amen to this in every single way. It's ridiculous why the "warrior" mentality is there.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Dumo isn't ready for game 1 that's a huge loss on our blueline.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

While I completely agree, I gotta point out that us Québécois are the most "warriors" out there. ;)

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Looks like we might be fully healthy or have a full roster to choose from anyways not sure how healthy some of these guys might actually be.

With that being said who sits for Dumo and I would assume Wilson sits for ZAR

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->