Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post - Full Attendance at Practice (4.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If you are more worried about anyone over Letang that could be considered good or horribly bad.

Letang is in serious trouble honestly. He just cannot stay healthy

I mean, if we talk about "long term" and quality of life, yeah, I am more worried about Letang.

If we are talking about availability for the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs, I am more worried about Dumoulin.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The player's health is obviously priority #1. But your best defenseman missing 3 playoffs out of the last 5 should be a major concern for any team.
For sure. It's worrisome, especially because we have nobody within the same universe as Letang's role. Schultz has shown decent offensive ability, which seems to have stagnated lately, but he can't hold a candle to Letang's shutdown ability--which is where his true value lies, in my opinion.

Really rough situation all around. Even if he is cleared to play or forces himself into the lineup, which will instantly boost our chances since he's an elite blueliner, it really feels like he's putting himself in legitimate jeopardy as far as life after hockey goes. I know that's true of everyone all the time, a career can end on any shift, but it's different with Letang.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He is practicing and the playoffs are 7 days away. He'll be there. Maybe not 100%, but he'll be there.

I am more worried about Dumoulin.

I think the worry with Dumo is the lack of an update today, so one worries about the worst case.

Geno . . . you know he'll be back.

Letang . . . you're hoping for the best but I think there's an element of 'well, we did it in 2017 without him' that lets one rationalize the worst case.

With Dumo, it's a wildcard in that there's no info and you've only seen the defense look ugly without him.

Reactions: BHD

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
I think the worry with Dumo is the lack of an update today, so one worries about the worst case.

Geno . . . you know he'll be back.

Letang . . . you're hoping for the best but I think there's an element of 'well, we did it in 2017 without him' that lets one rationalize the worst case.

With Dumo, it's a wildcard in that there's no info and you've only seen the defense look ugly without him.

The Dumo thing could be the straw that broke the camels back. There is no way we win a series vs anyone without Dumo and Letang or even no Dumo and a 75% Letang if he plays without truly being healthy.

Keep our fingers crossed

Last edited:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i mean what do you say. it's a dupuis esque situation but he isnt being shut down so he's going to be out there

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think it's as dire as the Dupuis situation. Dupuis was legitimately toying with his life, not just quality of life. He genuinely could have died.

I'm not really comfortable seeing Tanger out there all things considered, but if he says he's good to go and the doctors allow it, well, I don't really have any ground to stand on. I just hope everyone involved knows what they're doing and has weighed the risks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think it's as dire as the Dupuis situation. Dupuis was legitimately toying with his life, not just quality of life. He genuinely could have died.

I'm not really comfortable seeing Tanger out there all things considered, but if he says he's good to go and the doctors allow it, well, I don't really have any ground to stand on. I just hope everyone involved knows what they're doing and has weighed the risks.

I’d also rather he wait for the POs...on the other hand, there’s a small chance there won’t be any POs because apparently the rest of the team is so bad they can’t defeat the AHL Wings with one NHL line without him...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I’d also rather he wait for the POs...on the other hand, there’s a small chance there won’t be any POs because apparently the rest of the team is so bad they can’t defeat the AHL Wings with one NHL line without him...
Why do people keep saying the Wings are some AHL-caliber team? They're like 8-2 in their last 10 games. They have some really good, dynamic, young players. Because you or I think they're a dead team doesn't mean the guys who dress for games will just roll over and coast until the season's over. :laugh: They're playing extremely well lately and have had some impressive play from several key players, which masks how mediocre they've been for much of the year. That scenario should be very familiar to Penguins fans this season. ;)

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why do people keep saying the Wings are some AHL-caliber team? They're like 8-2 in their last 10 games. They have some really good, dynamic, young players. Because you or I think they're a dead team doesn't mean the guys who dress for games will just roll over and coast until the season's over. :laugh: They're playing extremely well lately and have had some impressive play from several key players, which masks how mediocre they've been for much of the year. That scenario should be very familiar to Penguins fans this season. ;)

Their bottom two lines consist of no one anyone has heard of...their second line consists of Helm, who’s career is over, and someone who’s never played in the nhl before (and of course AA)...their top D pair rn consists of the ancient Kronwell, and Daily face off has that pair ranked 29 out of 31 for top D pairs...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
i mean what do you say. it's a dupuis esque situation but he isnt being shut down so he's going to be out there

Lol what?

You can’t fake healing from a neck injury and Letang himself sounded super negative the other day. He obviously got cleared for contact by our staff.

Dupuis was having physical reactions and hiding them with an internal issue that is like a concussion. It isn’t something you can simply measure.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Their bottom two lines consist of no one anyone has heard of...their second line consists of Helm, who’s career is over, and someone who’s never played in the nhl before (and of course AA)...their top D pair rn consists of the ancient Kronwell, and Daily face off has that pair ranked 29 out of 31 for top D pairs...
What does that have to do with the fact that they're playing well and beating good teams lately? We've been a one line team all year. We're not exactly the Tampa Bay Lightning here. :laugh: It's down to the last couple of games of the season and we still haven't clinched--even after a stellar run from February through March. The Penguins aren't some juggernaut. Not every loss needs to be blown out of proportion as a total collapse at the hands of AHL fodder. The Wings just beat Boston, San Jose, and Vegas too. They're capable, even if they're reliant on a few young guys as opposed to a team effort.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Do we even have official word on what Letang's injury actually is? It's kind of weird to see people basically planning his funeral and calling him an idiot for playing if we don't even know what the issue is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad