Upcoming games you're looking forward to

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I saw that. Schreier is rarely ever wrong. He is so well connected. A lot of the speculation is that it will be announced after the Rebirth launch and they don't want to take anything away from that upcoming launch.

Of course, it is possible that he is really being legitimate. That would really suck...
Hopefully you/Schreier are right!

Reactions: Gardner McKay

HomelessPepper

Jul 1, 2019
The Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has me a little bit intrigued. I guess it comes out soon, this week maybe? I don't know that it is something I would buy right away but if the reviews look decent it might be worth a look down the line on sale

I'm in the same boat here. Have some interest, but will probably wait for a sale.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

This new trailer dropped at the Game Awards, I am really hyped for this game. The art direction and menu design looks great as you would expect from Atlus and the game looks really nice despite the last-gen graphics.

The mix of real-time action combat with traditional SMT/Persona turn based combat is interesting, and it looks like the social and calendar mechanics from Persona will return. The music should be great as it's the same composer from Persona 3-5 and I like the idea of an Atlus JRPG set in a fantasy world.

This might be the game I'm looking forward to most in 2024. And by Fall 2024 I should actually have time to dive deep into a big game like this lol

Reactions: Turin

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Been keeping up with Black Myth: Wukong since its very first announcement and I'm very excited for this game. At the 2023 Game Awards it was revealed that the release date right now is August 20, 2024. The studio is rather small, so development has been a tedious process, but it seems like they're going about it the right way. They've kept consumers up to date on development and even show-cased some of their hurdles in development. It's refreshing to see a company do this instead of trying to rush out a game as quickly as possible.

The gameplay trailers have been really good so far, and the latest one continues to look great, IMO.

Here is the surprise trailer which introduced the game three years ago with THIRTEEN MINUTES of gameplay.

Reactions: pistolpete11

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Im genuinely interested in that 2D Prince of Persia game. Ive been hankering for a new 2D platformer, and was disappointed with Super Mario Wonder.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Black Myth: Wukong
Rise of the Ronin
Hades 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Elden Ring DLC

Not that I'm a Day 1 buyer for these or anything else. I'm just now finishing up the first of 3 I posted about in here over a year ago. 1 of those has been out so long they already released a DLC (God of War: Ragnarok) and another they are giving away for free on PS+ (A Plague Tale: Requiem) :laugh:

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Is this a confirmed thing? Didn't realize it was going physical.

I looked it up a couple days ago and it said Q1 of 2024 So that's between now and April I think.

I'm looking forward to it I will admit I question how It's going to live up to the hype just because there as been so much.

I LOVED Tears of the Kingdom it BG3 is truly better than that it will be phenomenal.

I can't wait.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Hades 2 is probably the only game i will buy at launch. Loved the first game and need to get back into it soon since i'm only about half way done.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Persona 3 Reload previews are out and the game is looking promising.

This may be the second year in a row where my game of the year is a remake of a PS2-era game lol

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Yikes. A guy who says his favorite Soulslike is Nioh 2 says temper expectations for Rise of the Ronin.

Basically he says everything feels and looks dated and not PS5 exclusive, it takes inspiration from a lot of games but doesn't do it better than those games, and most importantly, the combat is a step back from even Nioh 2 / Wo Long.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Grandia Collection coming to PlayStation and Xbox in a few weeks, and that's great for the people that have never played them before, they're classics BUT RELEASE A LUNAR COLLECTION NEXT

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Well I was impressed with the demo but it just came out yesterday so it's gone from 'game's I'm looking forward to' 'games that I'm currently playing', but Rebel Transmute is a great classic Metroid-like game so far. The term 'Metroidvania' has become pretty broad and a crowded market, but this is clearly a Metroid-ish in the same vein as Axiom Verge.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Grandia Collection coming to PlayStation and Xbox in a few weeks, and that's great for the people that have never played them before, they're classics BUT RELEASE A LUNAR COLLECTION NEXT
legend of lunar? I remember playing silver star story complete and that was fun

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
New releases would have new translations. The translations in the original releases were not 100% accurate to the original Japanese versions but they sure were charming.

Reactions: Jovavic

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Path of Exile 2 is looking amazing. After last year's D4 failure we need a new, modern, innovative ARPG.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
This is not a new game but I didn’t want to start a new thread for it so I figured I’d just post it here…

Amazon is doing a “fallout” series. It actually looks intriguing. First episode airs on April 11th. I’m planning t9 check it out.

It also makes me want a new fallout game! lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad